What's new

Aga Khan on Arabic as National Language of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah did not institutionalize Arabic for a reason. Perhaps now he would be some "Indian" or "zionist" agent out of step with the needs of an aspiring puritanical Islamic society.

I won't go far as making it a national language, but I definitely would want it among the elective or even compulsory subjects from school level (for the Muslim students) so as to better understand their religion and the Holy Book.

Well,I'm sure there must be translations of the holy Koran in Urdu and other local languages of Pakistan to read from .

In fact we have Koran written in Odiya language in the book shelves at our home.

How did you conclude I'm Indian? .

Lets leave that. there are certain traits and BTW do have some change in your wording and locations :)))))))))))) many small mistakes expose the identity of Indian members in disguise.

Anyway back to the topic.

Its our country and our language and NO one should be any pain or sleeplessness whatever we want for our country.

Urdu is a sweet and easy to understand language.
A large community (people from different counrties) in the world speak it and understand.

Anyone can suggest any language which is merely an opinion and in case of this thread, the suggestion from Agha Khan was many decades old.

So now debating something which is non-existent is not more than a paranoia

I don't think I need the reassuring words of the in-house propaganda machine to outline an already embarrassing portrayal of Pakistani hospitality.

Me and my Uncle were having this exact same discussion. I was pro-Arabic, he was Anti-Arabic. heres the pros and cons we got.

Pros:

Many nations speak Arabic.
It will help us understand the Quran better, as the original language is the best.
Arabic is spoken in Arabia and UAE, many Pakistanis go there for work.
And its Arabic, it has status unlike Urdu.

Cons:

Urdu is our Identity
We can urderstand Bollywood films (Although subtitles ae invented, may i add)
India has 1.1 billion people and is set to be a global power, which is important because people will start to learn Hindi and Urdu is similair to Hindi.
Me + Him also don't like the current Arab nations leaders or laws, so we shouldn't be assoiciated with them.

Me and my Uncle were having this exact same discussion. I was pro-Arabic, he was Anti-Arabic. heres the pros and cons we got.

Pros:

Many nations speak Arabic.
It will help us understand the Quran better, as the original language is the best.
Arabic is spoken in Arabia and UAE, many Pakistanis go there for work.
And its Arabic, it has status unlike Urdu.

Cons:

Urdu is our Identity
We can urderstand Bollywood films (Although subtitles ae invented, may i add)
India has 1.1 billion people and is set to be a global power, which is important because people will start to learn Hindi and Urdu is similair to Hindi.
Me + Him also don't like the current Arab nations leaders or laws, so we shouldn't be assoiciated with them.

but arabic has only importance because from east to west of muslim world speaks arabic as their national language. but arabic is not used in science, media, world communication, unlike french, german and english, arabic is not learned by outsiders. its not the language used in education also.. much online materials are not available in arabic. in short, arabic has little influence in the modern world..

But Arabs are creating Business Hubs for the World of Tommorrow, look at Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. People are starting to see a new sight in the Arab Nations.

No our national language should remain Urdu, its been our language for 63 years. We should be promoting languages like Sindhi, Punjabi, Pushto, Balochi, etc. And we shouldn't get rid of English because you need english to get by in the world. Theres nothing wrong with learning Arabic if you want to, but making it mandatory or the official language makes no sense cause not everyone in Pakistan is muslim.

Having read some of these posts, it seems we assossiete Islam is Arabs, I do not believe that is so. We are all equal, it does not mean we have to read the Qu`ran in Arabic, it was written in Arabic first I presume because the it was the language of the surrounding people. Yes we are muslim, but we are Pakistani also. I think we should continue strengthening our own culture and not be so relient on the Arabs, we have experienced their loyalty before.

Load of Crap, Change the name of Pakistan to Pak-arab-istan :disagree:

Now we should abandon our language in name of fake delusional Muslim Brotherhood, learning it is all right but National Language, NO WAY!!

DO I SMELL EmO girl in DISGUISE.

U guys have four different indigenous languages in Urdu,Sindhi,Balochi and Pashto....

If there is a national language it should be among these 4..not an alien language..

p.s.: I as an Indian is not required to post these..but just my thoughts.

Then Don't!
:taz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom