What's new

After 7 year gap, Pakistan Day to see military parade in full glory

ISLAMABAD: A joint military parade of Pakistan's armed forces will take place on Pakistan Day, sources said on Monday, after a gap of seven years.

"The decision has been made to hold a joint military services parade on March 23," a top military source told Dawn on the condition of anonymity.

The parade will be organised by joint staff headquarters in Rawalpindi, which oversees the three armed forces of Pakistan.The venue for the parade is yet to be finalised, with the two vast compounds shortlisted as potential sites.

The last military parade took place on March 23, 2008 during the tenure of Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf as a civilian president.

Furthermore, a diplomatic source told Dawn that Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to attend the Pakistan Day parade as chief guest.

Both China and Pakistan are working out details of the Chinese president's visit through diplomatic channels.

Chinese authorities have been assured about maximum security during Jinping's upcoming visit.

So , Guys , What do you think ? Will it make the politics between India and Pakistan more tense ? As I have watched irks at many places after republic day parade on 26th Jan .. Usa president Obama was the chief guest , and on the other hand Xi Jinping may be the chief guest on that parade ....So it will be interesting :D :D How Usa newspapers will react ...............We Indians will surely love to watch it :D ..Please post the full parade on youtube , if anybody can :)
As I always say Indians should celebrate 23 march as thanks giving day as Indians are fortunate that Peshawar and Abbotabad is not In India,and it should be 24 march just some re........

it was supposed to happen,
he was supposed to come, it only delayed cuz of dharna,
and the news of 23rd march parade is old,This thread on the other hand is new.
this news has bee circulating around for quite a while,
23 rd March 2015

so stop crying,
we all have been longing to see the parade again.
it doesnt really have anything to do with your country but if you persist then sure, I dont really care.
Time to arrange tickets for live Fly Past. ;)

Even I would like to see how military parades are conducted in Pakistan. I never seen one from Pakistan
We will arrange for you.

awwww, hope the experience has been great for ya,
dont get too deep with those words though, you wont last long in this forum.

Ive never been to one,
hopefully I aint gonna miss it this time :lol:
:o: Not even on youtube?

Yes I know, he was suppose to come, but there are 365 day in a year, there was a reason, why his visit was made to coincide with a specific day of your calendar, and that too just months after US president attended Indian republic day.

It is called 'signaling' in diplomatic jargon.

not really The chinese president was supposed to come last year but couldn't due to political turmoil thanks to Imran Khan.

So ya it is no "signal" to anyone.

Beisdies there is a thread running on the why make 2 threads on the same topic

23 rd March 2015 | Page 11

besides the 7 year gap is not really a gap the parade happened every year with less pomp.

And who tells you that I care so much ? :D :D :rolleyes1: I can always create another ..
woah this forum must be really good,
cuz someone is so desperate to be on it that if he gets banned he'll make another id just to be in this forum.

We will arrange for you.

:o: Not even on youtube?
LOL no ive seen it on TV, I live in Rawalpindi, I remember when i was kid I saw 5 A-5 Jets on 23rd march above my house,
always wanted to see an air show since then,

cuz someone is so desperate to be on it that if he gets banned he'll make another id just to be in this forum.
don't you think that you are acting stupid here ? :D
I have joined it because I liked it :devil: So , if I get banned for no reason , I surely will come back :devil: Stop acting like a kid .
na na na na na :haha:

LOL no ive seen it on TV, I live in Rawalpindi, I remember when i was kid I saw 5 A-5 Jets on 23rd march above my house,
always wanted to see an air show since then,
A-5 are grounded anyways i will guide you where to arrange tickets to join. Any word for them. :D
What.jpg

don't you think that you are acting stupid here ? :D
I have joined it because I liked it :devil: So , if I get banned for no reason , I surely will come back :devil: Stop acting like a kid .
na na na na na :haha:

it may be a no reason to you and countless other indians but certainly not to us,
aye newbie calling me a kid wont actually make your argument look better,
youre still a newbie.im sure you'll learn the hard way.

A-5 are grounded anyways i will guide you where to arrange tickets to join. Any word for them. :D
View attachment 190325

yeah its been quite a while since they got retired, look at the bright side, We'll for the first time watch the Block 52s and I'll also witness the JF-17's. its gonna be fun.
the SSG uniform now is even better than the one you showed, the same is with their gear, it awesome.
and Thanks, I'll really appreciate that gesture.

it may be a no reason to you and countless other indians but certainly not to us,
well , so you admit that all your knowledge you have gathered from defence. pk ? :D :D What do you learn in schools ? hahahahaha my god ....if nawaz sharif comes here and says that I am stupid , I will say that nawaz sharif is a newbie , and so he has to pearn ? :o::o::o::p::o:

well , so you admit that all your knowledge you have gathered from defence. pk ? :D :D What do you learn in schools ? hahahahaha my god ....if nawaz sharif comes here and says that I am stupid , I will say that nawaz sharif is a newbie , and so he has to pearn ? :o::o::o::p::o:
learn actually :D

yeah its been quite a while since they got retired, look at the bright side, We'll for the first time watch the Block 52s and I'll also witness the JF-17's. its gonna be fun.
the SSG uniform now is even better than the one you showed, the same is with their gear, it awesome.
and Thanks, I'll really appreciate that gesture.
No the block 52 are not new for parade. SSG uniform will remain same because it is ceremonial uniform especially designed for parades.

learn actually :D

where did schools and Nawaz Sharrif come from? o_O
yra dimagh na kha, if you dont have anything to say then better STFU.
what a waste of bandwidth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom