What's new

Afghan policeman shoots dead five British soldiers

TaimiKhan

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Afghan policeman shoots dead five British soldiers

LONDON: Five British soldiers were shot dead by an Afghan policeman at a checkpoint in an incident which is now under investigation, officials said Wednesday.

‘The soldiers were all killed as a result of gunshot wounds sustained in an attack in the Nad-e'Ali district of Helmand Province during the afternoon of November 3, 2009,’ it said in a statement.

‘The attack is subject to investigation.’

Military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel David Wakefield said on BBC radio that the soldiers killed had been mentoring Afghan police and living inside the checkpoint.

‘It would appear... that an individual Afghan national policeman, possibly acting in conjunction with another, started firing within the checkpoint,’ he said.

The incident brings to 229 the number of British troops who have been killed in Afghanistan.

It makes this the bloodiest year for the armed forces since the Falklands War in 1982.

Three of the soldiers were from the Grenadier Guards and two from the Royal Military Police. Families have been informed.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said: ‘The death of five brave soldiers in a single incident is a terrible loss.’

‘My thoughts, condolences and sympathies go to their families, loved ones and colleagues. I know that the whole country, too, will mourn their loss.’

DAWN.COM | World | Afghan policeman shoots dead five British soldiers

it is not an easy thing for the taliban to register as a new police officer.

May the corrupt British Parlimentarian puppets of America wrot in hell . How could they do this to their own people .
May the Dead RIP. I feel for their families their childeren would never get to see them again ..Sorrow

yes, thats what i said, they can easily enrol as a new trainee police, it was the taliban.
It still makes it Afghan Govt fault. Weak Checking and intelligence system.

yes, thats what i said, they can easily enrol as a new trainee police, it was the taliban.

I read the detailed news and what I got to know is that 6 weeks police training was reduced to 2 weeks police training so that there could be many Policemen working in the field after getting the training. Anyone can infiltrate, I assume. Talibans have nothing such written on their foreheads that they're Talibans :blink:

Taliban are not some different human species that have blue teeth or a tail behind them and who like to kill British and American invaders. These countries are not able to understand that Taliban with arms in hand only represent tip of the ice-berg. These invading forces are considered enemy by majority of Afghan and simple fact is that Afghan Police is also part of the same Nation. The policeman who killed these British Soldiers might not be a Talib but he surely was an Afghan who feels pain when his countrymen are, killed, torchered, brunet and humiliated in the name of "freedom". Today a policeman has done so, expect that be done by some shepherd or by some electrician, some sweeper or a student who may and may not be a Talib but is surely a patriotic Afghan who's country is invaded by these blood thirsty hounds.

Latest is that the man had been a policeman for three years.

Could be a personal conflict, the man wanting revenge.

Or perhaps he 'turned'. Most policeman join purely for money, not politics.

The news did not give any details why they have shot the soldiers.

Any details?

Last edited:
"The news did not give any details why they have shot the americans soldiers."

The first detail that's listed in the heading of the thread is that they are British soldiers.

R.I.P. to these fine men. I feel deep, deep sorrow at their loss and am pained for their families and friends.

"The news did not give any details why they have shot the americans soldiers."

The first detail that's listed in the heading of the thread is that they are British soldiers.

R.I.P. to these fine men. I feel deep, deep sorrow at their loss and am pained for their families and friends.

Yes sorry. Thanks for correction.

I am still looking for the details.

either it was a mistake or something else?

Taliban are not some different human species that have blue teeth or a tail behind them and who like to kill British and American invaders. These countries are not able to understand that Taliban with arms in hand only represent tip of the ice-berg. These invading forces are considered enemy by majority of Afghan and simple fact is that Afghan Police is also part of the same Nation. The policeman who killed these British Soldiers might not be a Talib but he surely was an Afghan who feels pain when his countrymen are, killed, torchered, brunet and humiliated in the name of "freedom". Today a policeman has done so, expect that be done by some shepherd or by some electrician, some sweeper or a student who may and may not be a Talib but is surely a patriotic Afghan who's country is invaded by these blood thirsty hounds.
and people of afghanistan can surely not forget the artrocities of the taliban too, their(taliban) hand is also red coloured with our blood.

I read the detailed news and what I got to know is that 6 weeks police training was reduced to 2 weeks police training so that there could be many Policemen working in the field after getting the training. Anyone can infiltrate, I assume. Talibans have nothing such written on their foreheads that they're Talibans :blink:

yes,thats what i meant.

and people of afghanistan can surely not forget the artrocities of the taliban too, their(taliban) hand is also red coloured with our blood.

I would be definitely talking the same if I was sitting in UK watching BBC, CNN, SKY, FOX and other channels full of black propaganda. Had Taliban been that bad, why did they ruled staggering majority of Afghan territory and all that without conquering my arms? Just give yourself a second thought and ask the people who are living under US/NATO/UK's invasion in Iraq. Spend some time searching and comparing what USA/UK is doing in Afghanistan and what was the shape of it before devils invaded Afghanistan which was at peace after decades of wars with USSR.

Back
Top Bottom