What's new

Absolutely Stunning Image of a Pashtun Girl

Some say they are descendants of Alexander the Great and his army when Alexander the Great came to South Asia.

The Kalash tribe are not related to Pashtuns.

Yes, I think you are correct, the Pashtun ethnic legacy is supposed to be Alexander the Great (Greek) not Roman. Anyway, I know the Kalash are not Pashtuns or even Muslims. They may both come from the same pre-Islamic ethnic stock though. Here is a Wiki paragraph about the Kalash , who number about 6,000 in their three valleys of the Chitral:

"The culture of Kalash people is unique and differs drastically from the various ethnic groups surrounding them. They are polytheists and nature plays a highly significant and spiritual role in their daily life. As part of their religious tradition, sacrifices are offered and festivals held to give thanks for the abundant resources of their three valleys. Kalash mythology and folklore has been compared to that of ancient Greece, but they are much closer to Indo-Iranian (Vedic and pre-Zoroastrian) traditions."

I think those girls are Afghanis. The girl in the front has very small eyes that many Afghanis have.

Yes, I think they are Afghan Pashtuns. My point was merely that Pashtun culture does permit the showing of photographs of children.

Yes, I think we have made the point with these photos that 100% native Pakistanis can have very different ethnic "looks". In fact, the only missing look may be the sub-Saharan African one.

lol, hang on wait up..

Afghani Pashtuns are of the same ethnic group as Pakistani Pashtuns, and yes their eyes are basically the same as Pakistani Pashtuns.

The only reason some Afghani Pashtuns (and it's a minority) have oriental eyes is because at their borders they've mixed with Tajiks that generally do have these oriental eyes.

There are also some Pakistani Pashtuns mixed with Hazara but they're a minority also.

I don't think it's a problem to show pictures of young girls, but there are some sick people on here I suppose :undecided:

Pashtuns are generally not descended from the Greeks either.

Neither are the Kalash.

There is a minority Greek component in the Pashtuns, nothing Greek about the Kalash except for some cultural stuff.

I suspect the Kalash are just from the same ancestral stock as the Pashtuns, and then have become isolated.

Yes, I think we have made the point with these photos that 100% native Pakistanis can have very different ethnic "looks". In fact, the only missing look may be the sub-Saharan African one.

We have that too.

Pakistani Baloch children from Gwadar, Pakistan.

lol, hang on wait up..

Afghani Pashtuns are of the same ethnic group as Pakistani Pashtuns, and yes their eyes are basically the same as Pakistani Pashtuns.

The only reason some Afghani Pashtuns (and it's a minority) have oriental eyes is because at their borders they've mixed with Tajiks that generally do have these oriental eyes.

There are also some Pakistani Pashtuns mixed with Hazara but they're a minority also.

I don't think it's a problem to show pictures of young girls, but there are some sick people on here I suppose :undecided:

Not only Tajiks have small oriental eyes, Uzbeks, Hazaras and all the Dari speaking ethnic groups of Afghanistan have oriental eyes. Some Afghan Pashtuns have mixed in with Dari speaking ethnic groups.

In Pakistan, Hazras are a very small ethnic group, most of the ones in Pakistan are refugees (and their descendants) from Afghanistan.
If you are referring to the hindko speakers who mostly live in Abbottabad, they dont have oriental eyes.

i dont lik this thread. postin pics of pashtun women is not gud. they are highly sensitive about this and we should respect that. also we have got pashtun friends on this forum and we shouldnt be making them get some wrong ideas about other(we) pakistanis.

Well the picture that started the thread was from National Geographic. So basically, a lot of people in the world have already seen it. Secondly, I don't see how any one would be offended by this thread. These aren't exactly "Women" more like "Children". Everybody loves children. And if you go up north, you'll find these children all over the place, playing and running around. Speaking from personal experience, if their parents don't mind them being photographed, then why should you have a problem?

There's some regional differences in Pashtuns, but rarely is there oriental eyes found in Afghani Pashtuns,except perhaps in Kabul and some Northern districts.

These are Korengalis in Afghanistan. Different areas tend to have different features.

3512216a378f8eab1b1bd8b4968a00cf.jpg

Not only Tajiks have small oriental eyes, Uzbeks, Hazaras and all the Dari speaking ethnic groups of Afghanistan have oriental eyes. Some Afghan Pashtuns have mixed in with Dari speaking ethnic groups.

In Pakistan, Hazras are a very small ethnic group, most of the ones in Pakistan are refugees (and their descendants) from Afghanistan.
If you are referring to the hindko speakers who mostly live in Abbottabad, they dont have oriental eyes.

There are more Tajiks/Hazaray looking people in Afghanistan, but they have their own region, as shown on this map.

They come in blocks. Some of the Pashtun majority districts that are isolated in the Northeast of Afghanistan will perhaps take on the Tajiky look.

But the majority of Pashtuns in Afghanistan are in the South and East. The Tajik features will not permeate to any great extent in the majority of Pashtuns found in these areas.

Baloch are VERY Caucasian looking.

It's the Makrani found in the Southwest (Makrani coast) that resemble Africans.

Aren't Makranis also Baloch?

What, you're going to throw the Makranis away from the Baloch ethnic group because they aren't "Caucasian" looking?

Pakistani Makrani in Southwest Pakistan (African looking group)

fad0d6466a8a2365a2bad6977ea99fba.jpg

Pakistani Baloch in Southwest Pakistan (very caucasoid group)

I could have searched for a better Baloch picture, but it would have taken more time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom