What's new

Absolutely Stunning Image of a Pashtun Girl

Even within ethnic groups there's not "one look". There's diversity even within each ethnic groups.

There is mixing to a degree within all ethnic groups.

Though there's a general appearance within each. It's a sort of gradation from South to North or East to West.

Oddities will exist, and mixing within Empires over the course of time will have occurred, but generally the overall look of groups don't change, unless one advocates genocide occurred.

One of my friend sent me this captivating Image of a Pashtun girl from the tribal areas of Pakistan.

Beautiful photography and an absolutely AMAZING image. I just don't have the right words to explain the sheer amount of art and brilliance this image is so clearly full of.

in the 80s, another similar picture of an afghan girl with green eyes made the cover of National Geographic. she was a refugee living in the NWFP. years later the guy who took that famous pic, returned to pakistan to find out what had happened to this girl - lo and behold - she was located, still living in one of the shanty villages for refugees - married and had kids - it was a very emotional moment for this guy - he was american i think.

in the 80s, another similar picture of an afghan girl with green eyes made the cover of National Geographic. she was a refugee living in the NWFP. years later the guy who took that famous pic, returned to pakistan to find out what had happened to this girl - lo and behold - she was located, still living in one of the shanty villages for refugees - married and had kids - it was a very emotional moment for this guy - he was american i think.

Yes, I've heard of that story. Truthseeker also posted her pictures on the first page. In fact, this image is also from National Geographic.

Pakistanis don't have "one look".
The ethnic groups also do have their general traits....the Muhajirs look Indian...

Depends on which area of India they've migrated from and how many generations they've spent in India. Most of us who speak Urdu have Afghan/Central Asian roots. If you're talking about Deccanis or Tamils etc who began to speak Urdu after migration to Pakistan obviously look different.
I've met hundreds if not thousands of Indians and all of them looked pretty different from us.

Biradar rr khafa neesti, your posts have a history of being well-informed, don't cut corners on your standards and stop generalizing.

Yes, i've seen that program.She lived in Peshawar and was married.The guy who took the photo was America who had friends in Pakistan so he came here to find her.
Here's the picture
4d12e594eb9432d1b5e8668b5a1cd047.jpg

Depends on which area of India they've migrated from and how many generations they've spent in India. Most of us who speak Urdu have Afghan/Central Asian roots. If you're talking about Deccanis or Tamils etc who began to speak Urdu after migration to Pakistan obviously look different.
I've met hundreds if not thousands of Indians and all of them looked pretty different from us.

Biradar rr khafa neesti, your posts have a history of being well-informed, don't cut corners on your standards and stop generalizing.

It does depend on which area of India you've come from.

The ones from Uttar Pradesh I would have thought would be different looking to the ones from the Deccan.

Here are blonde and blue-eyed girls from the Kalash ethnic group of the Chitral region of Pakistan:

I believe the Kalash are thought to be descendants of Roman conquerors who passed through Afghanistan/Pakistan in the 2nd or 3rd century.

Last edited:
Yeah, some Pushtun girls are very pretty.There was a Pushtun girl in our class and she was very pretty.

i dont lik this thread. postin pics of pashtun women is not gud. they are highly sensitive about this and we should respect that. also we have got pashtun friends on this forum and we shouldnt be making them get some wrong ideas about other(we) pakistanis.

Here are blonde and blue-eyed girls from the Kalash ethnic group of the Chitral region of Pakistan:

I believe the Kalash are thought to be descendants of Roman conquerors who passed through Afghanistan/Pakistan in the 2nd or 3rd century.

Some say they are descendants of Alexander the Great and his army when Alexander the Great came to South Asia.

The Kalash tribe are not related to Pashtuns.

i dont lik this thread. postin pics of pashtun women is not gud. they are highly sensitive about this and we should respect that. also we have got pashtun friends on this forum and we shouldnt be making them get some wrong ideas about other(we) pakistanis.

I understand that there may be sensitivities, but don't you think these pictures are in good taste? Here is a picture from a Pashtun website showing Pashtun children at a festival performance:

PashtunFoundation.org

If you look at Pashto language cultural websites they show such photographs of Pashtun girls frequently.

Yes, i've seen that program.She lived in Peshawar and was married.The guy who took the photo was America who had friends in Pakistan so he came here to find her.
Here's the picture
4d12e594eb9432d1b5e8668b5a1cd047.jpg

she sure scares me by the look of her eyes, :argh:

Back
Top Bottom