What's new

Absolutely Stunning Image of a Pashtun Girl

We should not confuse the AFghani HAzaras who are from the North of Afghanistan, and the hazaras in Pakistan. It's a completely different region, hundreds of miles away.

Just like the gujarati Shah family, is not related to the commonplace muslim family name of Shah, the sayyids of the subcontinent.

This is what the Indians do.

They post one or two individuals (usually models), and then claim Indians and Pakistanis look alike.

There is a general trend from East-West in Pakistan, and North-South.

The pictures of the two women I found on the internet also, but I couldn't see any reference to the ethnic group of the Zehra one (this isn't to say you're not correct). Even so, how does it matter? We're talking general trends here. I could pick out someone from Delhi that looks more Western than either of those two. That is cherry picking.

It is general traits of each ethnic group. And these do exist.

Nasim Zehra is from Islamabad, Islamabad is Punjab and this isn't like what Indians do. We Pakistanis are from ONE nation PAKISTAN.
By the way, the two women's pictures I posted are not models they are regular Pakistani women.

I'm sick of some ethnic groups thinking they are a different race from other ethnic groups, not only Asif Ali Zardari and the Pakistani Secretary in Washington, Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, are Baloch, come to US and see the Baloch community here, they look 100% desi.

Once a Pathan told me that Pashtuns and Baloch are lost tribes of Israel, how ignorant some people are, the Indus Valley Civilization even stretched upto Balochistan and even now there are many Hindus living in Balochistan.

Last edited:
Nasim Zehra is from Islamabad, Islamabad is Punjab and this isn't like what Indians do. We Pakistanis are from ONE nation PAKISTAN.
By the way, the two women's pictures I posted are not models they are regular Pakistani women.

I'm sick of some ethnic groups thinking they are a different race from other ethnic groups, not only Asif Ali Zardari and the Pakistani Secretary in Washington are Baloch, come to US and see the Baloch community here, they look 100% desi.

Once a Pathan told me that Pashtuns and Baloch are lost tribes of Israel, how ignorant some people are, the Indus Valley Civilization even stretched upto Balochistan and even now there are many Hindus living in Balochistan.

Good point, but many tribes from the Afghan/Iranian Zoroastrian "Pagan" linage have a oral history of claiming to be linked to the lost 10 tribes of "Banni Isreal" such as Yusuf Zai "the children of Joseph": NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Pakhtun

Anyways, as a Pakistani of Pashtun Origin ( I am always happy being a Pakistani: First, Second and Last)
:enjoy:

Many people in Islamabad are of different origins. It's not important where she's from though imo, since there's too many factors in individual pictures that don't make them accurate.

Picking one or two pictures (and those aren't models, yes, I was just giving the example of the Indians), means nothing about the general traits of population groups.

And why can't Pakistanis be from one nation, and be of different ethnic groups? Are Hazara any less Pakistani because they don't look like Zardari? Having a diverse appearance is something to be valued, not denounced like it's some sort of bad thing. I don't see why unity cannot be achieved unless we all look like Zardari.

I'm sick of some ethnic groups thinking they are a different race from other ethnic groups, not only Asif Ali Zardari and the Pakistani Secretary in Washington, Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, are Baloch, come to US and see the Baloch community here, they look 100% desi.

Race and ethnic group are not the same thing. Look it up.

Pathans are not from the lost tribe of Israel. Neither are Baloch. Just because they say so doesn't make it true.

But Pathans and Baloch do have general features. To not see these features is fine, just as to notice their features is also fine.

There is nothing wrong in diversity.

Good point, but many tribes from the Afghan/Iranian Zoroastrian "Pagan" linage have a oral history of claiming to be linked to the lost 10 tribes of "Banni Isreal" such as Yusuf Zai "the children of Joseph": NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Pakhtun

Oral histories mean nothing.

Persians are predominantly of Turkic stock.

Pathans are not anything to do with Banni Israel.

Race and ethnic group are not the same thing. Look it up.

Pathans are not from the lost tribe of Israel. Neither are Baloch. Just because they say so doesn't make it true.

But Pathans and Baloch do have general features. To not see these features is fine, just as to notice their features is also fine.

There is nothing wrong in diversity.

Race and ethnic groups are not the same, but many Pakistani people think they are and they try to differentiate themselves from other Pakistanis, which is stupid because when two people who each belong to two different ethnic groups of Pakistan walk together in a street together in a foreign land (like in US) Americans will just see two Pakistanis walking together.

To me, personally, the ethnic groups of Pakistan dont really look that different from each other generally speaking.

Yes we see some blonde hair blue eyes in some areas in northern Pakistan and also black skin people in some areas in southern Pakistan but both are pretty rare.

Some observations:;;;All women are beautiful like puppies and babies and I love them all. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But the article suggests genetically there's nothing Greek about the Kalash. It doesn't prove it of course. But I don't think they're Greek.

Exactly, genetic studies have concluded that these guys have a closer proximity to neighbouring caucasian groups rather than the Greeks.

Wallah ul alim

Persians are predominantly of Turkic stock.

Pathans are not anything to do with Banni Israel.

WAOOH! Chill out there buddy? You seem to be one of those who think Banni Isreal were Jews, correction Banni Isreal were hebrew speaking people and with regards to
Turkic Stock
, correction there aswell because if we were of turkic stock that would make our traditional history almost as old as the Scathians? No! Are you perhaps linking linages to the Ottoman Emprie?

Now Iranian Stock? Yes i could aggree with that, why? Well because a majority of Pathan's speak farsi, look farsi, some of our names are even taken from the old books such as Asfandeyar from "Shah Nama Firdousi"...

Our Language Pashtu comes from a Persian word "Pasth" which means back of the mountain in Farsi.

Pathans Nothing to do with Banni Isreal...
Whilst i am not a big fan of the whole "Banni Isreal" theory there is plethora of documentation to support this claim.

Please kindly read the link i have posted. I will enjoy discourse, because i too am a big fan of genealogy and have researched my side quite in-depth, here are a few links for you.

<ASWJ vs GAH> Pathans Are Children Of Israel

Taaqati-Nasiri, states that in the 7th century BC a people called the Bani Israel settled in Ghor, southeast of Herat, Afghanistan, and then migrated south and east. These references to Bani Israel agree with the commonly held view by Pashtuns that when the twelve tribes of Israel were dispersed (see Israel and Judah and Ten Lost Tribes), the tribe of Joseph, among other Hebrew tribes, settled in the region. This oral tradition is widespread among the Pashtuns. There have been many legends over the centuries of descent from the Ten Lost Tribes after groups converted to Christianity and Islam. Hence the tribal name 'Yusef Zai' in Pashto translates to the 'sons of Joseph'. A similar story is told by Iranian historian Ferishta. Link: History - Vol 6

The Mystery of the Ten Lost Tribes

Is It the Lost Tribe of Israel

More about the lost 10 tribes of Afghanistan: Israelites Came To Ancient Japan: Chapter 2

How arrogant! So you would debunk all the history brought down from Mohammedzai to Niazi... :tsk:

Besides the oral tradition related by the elders of the tribe, there are also interesting testimonies of keeping of scrolls of genealogy among the tribes, reaching back to the Fathers of the Jewish nation.

These scrolls are well preserved and some are written in gold on the skins of a doe called "Shajra" or "Family Tree".

No less interesting and significant are the names of the tribes which bear close resemblance to the Tribes of Israel.

The Rabbani Tribe is really Reuben, the Shinware Tribe is Simeon, the Lewani Tribe is Levi, The Daftani Tribe is Naphtali, and the Jaji Tribe is Gad, and the Ashuri Tribe is Asher, The Yusefsai Tribe is children of Joseph, and the Afridi Tribe is really Ephraim. These are the names of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.

The Pathans themselves point out the differences between the original names of the tribes and their present names are because of the different dialects of the languages so that, for instance, Jaji was actually called Gaji for the tribe of Gad.

Women of the Pathans keep laws similar to the Jewish laws regarding menstruation. During this time and for 7 days after, no contact is allowed with the husband. After this period, the woman immerses in a river or spring or in a bathhouse if a natural spring is not available. This is exactly the same as the Israeli tradition going back to the days of the Bible. Source: The Ten Lost Tribes of Israel - Israel Forum

Anyway... THE CLAIM BY THE PATHANS AS BEING FROM BANI ISRAEL IS NOT JUST ORAL TRADITION

The claim of Afghans to be the Bani Israel (Children of Israel) is not founded on oral tradition alone. It is supported by ancient monuments, old inscriptions, manuscripts, and historical works, many in the public domain, and many others in private collections. WRITTEN REFERENCES OLDER THAN 1000 YEARS TELLS THE TRUTH Apart from our own reference ,the oldest written reference we find is HUDUD-AL-ALAM written in 982AD by an Arab Geographer which clearly tells that PATHANS are not from ARAYANs but from BANI ISRAEL(infact he never mentioned the word ARAYAN) Also the word Afghan ... first appears in history in the Hudud-al-Alam and infact until the advent of the modern Afghan state in the 18th century, the word Afghan has been synonymous with Pashtun. Now in moderen times some of the Western Historians tell us that the Pathans are from the ARYANS and deny the ancient claim of the Pashtuns that they belong to the Lost tribes of Israel.This doesnt make any sense that someone from outside deny the claim of a whole Nation

ONE EXAMPLE OF A 700 YEAR OLD REFERENCE TELLING DETAILS ABOUT PATHANS ORIGIN One of the most ancient manuscripts available is Rauza ul Albab fi Tawarikh-ul-Akabir wal Ansab – The Garden of the Learned in the History of Great Men and Genealogies – by Abu Suleman Daud bin Abul Fazal Muhammad Albenaketi which was written in 1317 AD. The author in his Introduction explains that ever since the times of Moses the ancestors of Afghans have had to face great hardships. They were expelled from place to place and exterminated. Their ancient ancestors were sacked more than once and carried into captivity. In Chapter I a detailed history of Yaqub (Jacob) is given and in Chapter II the genealogies of the Afghan tribes are further traced.

Source: The Black Banners: Black Banners Are Mainly Bani Israel/Pathans

Anyway's i couldn't care less what i am as long as i am Pakistani... But you cannot just go around debunking peoples cultural belief or tradition without presenting even a sliver of proof...

All the best... :)

Can someone tell me which picture was at the first post of this thread? If it was this girl then she is an orphaned Afghan girl from Tora Bora. I think every ethnic in both Afghanistan and Pakistan got beautiful people, despite of their skin colour. Some people look better with dark skin and some better with white skin.

65907d5edb7061cb9490692dd9b3937a.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, I as a Pashtun don't mind at all pictures of Afghan kids being placed here or anywhere else. Of course it depends on the intention but I myself find it pleasant to see the beauty of our children back home. And as far as I have seen people in Pakistan, I think Swat has most beautiful women and have also seen some quiet pretty ladies in Lahore. These are different features of Afghan people and this is how most of their ethnics looks like;

Afghan Tajiks

Afghan Balochi's

f9434f2f6155cf58d226d1dc4fd07704.jpg

Afghan Kohistani's

4828738846f85d0480b0df0f27b4516a.jpg

Afghan Pashtuns

7cdf87698202e5aae396192c535d7c13.jpg

Afghan Hazara's

d11d972d31c2f55e50fe1a487a0998e9.jpg

Afghan Uzbek's

Afghan Nurestani's

Last edited:
Can someone send me the photo on email please. I cant see it
abdul3basid@gmail.com

COME ON BANJOIT I WANNA SEE IT:cheers:

P.S PASHTUNS ARE KNOWN TO BE ONE OF THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL AFTER THEY WHERE EXPELLED FROM JUDAH. THEY ALL SPLIT UP AND SOME WENT TO GERMANY, EGYPT, AFGHANISTAN AND ETC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom