What's new

Absolutely Stunning Image of a Pashtun Girl

Aren't Makranis also Baloch?

What, you're going to throw the Makranis away from the Baloch ethnic group because they aren't "Caucasian" looking?

Baloch is an ethnic group in Pakistan. Makrani is also. Both live in Balochistan.

The inhabitants of Gwadar are mostly "African looking" but many Baloch dont consider them their people because they say they're Makranis.

And then Baloch, from areas far away from Gwadar, want a piece of the pie from Gwadar Port :crazy:

By the way, "Geographically" speaking, The dark-skinned balochi's aren't exactly carrying the gene of the Sub-Saharans. Their dark-skinned appearance is due to their OWN terrain, Balochistan. Remember, Dark-skin develops from HOT and warm regions. Some parts of Balchoistan are barren deserts and the people from those regions are usually a little darker in skin than the average balochi. Not because they're "African" or something! :lol:

Oh and by the way, I didn't think this thread would turn into a "Genealogy 101" class. Though I've done a quite bit of research in that area and have always been interested in genealogy, but I'm sure this isn't the right thread for all this.

The inhabitants of Gwadar are mostly "African looking" but many Baloch dont consider them their people because they say they're Makranis.

And then Baloch, from areas far away from Gwadar, want a piece of the pie from Gwadar Port :crazy:

I don't know the composition of Gwadar. But I'd be surprised if it's all Makrani.

By the way, "Geographically" speaking, The dark-skinned balochi's aren't exactly carrying the gene of the Sub-Saharans. Their dark-skinned appearance is due to their OWN terrain, Balochistan. Remember, Dark-skin develops from HOT and warm regions. Some parts of Balchoistan are barren deserts and the people from those regions are usually a little darker in skin than the average balochi. Not because they're "African" or something! :lol:

Oh and by the way, I didn't think this thread would turn into a "Genealogy 101" class.

Actually they are Africans from Omani slave trades. But they go by the name Makranis now and are as native to Pakistan as any other group.

Actually they are Africans from Omani slave trades. But they go by the name Makranis now and are as native to Pakistan as any other group.

I wasn't talking about the Makrani's. There's a huge presence of "Native" balochi's who're dark-skinned and can easily pass as "Sub-Saharans" but that's not the case with them. Regional climate and terrain's the best reason for their genetic change in appearance and skin tone.

Gwadar's location and history have given it a unique blend of cultures. The Arabic influence upon Gwadar is strong as a consequence of the Omani era and the close proximity of other Arab-majority regions. The legacy of the Omani slave trade is observed in the population by the presence of residents which can trace their descent from the African slaves who were trafficked through the town. The area also has a remarkable religious diversity, being home to not only Sunni muslims, but also to groups of Christians, Hindus, Parsis, and various minorities such as the Ahmadies.

Gwadar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the inhabitants of Gwadar should be given their fair share of Gwadar Port, not Bugti murderers who have nothing to do with Gwadar.

I've seen some very dark Sindhis, dark Punjabis, dark Sayyids and even dark Pathans. The dark gene is generally a very dominating gene, and a lot of intermarriage has taken place, historically speaking.

Although it is fair to say, people from the North of the subcontinent are generally fairer than the south, those from Punjab more so than U.P., Bihar, Sindh,etc. those from kashmir and from the Pakhtun areas even more than the Punjabis.

However, there are excpetions in most cases, where one can find a very light skinned urdu speaker from u.p. and a dark punjabi/pathan, etc.

Point in case though, colour of the skin is not important. It's the character of a person which should be appreciated (which Pakistani on this thread would agree with).

I understand that there may be sensitivities, but don't you think these pictures are in good taste? Here is a picture from a Pashtun website showing Pashtun children at a festival performance:

PashtunFoundation.org

If you look at Pashto language cultural websites they show such photographs of Pashtun girls frequently.

yes i agree they are in gud sense but who knows how are they gonna take it. their mindset is quite different. anyways hope they dont mind and take it in gud way

Here are blonde and blue-eyed girls from the Kalash ethnic group of the Chitral region of Pakistan:

I believe the Kalash are thought to be descendants of Roman conquerors who passed through Afghanistan/Pakistan in the 2nd or 3rd century.

TS, recent genetic studies place these people further away from Macedonians, Greeks and assorted Europeans than Central Asian/Caucasian (not meaning 'white' here) groups. Just read one a few days back, must be somewhere on the web.

Strange as it may seem, the Kalashs' own folklore suggests that their 'original' land was Srilanka but then God changed his mind. They have a festival mourning this change of heart. In sociologic terms this may hint at some migration or at least ethnic/cultural affinity with Srilanka, which seems to be absent.

FYI even the people who inhabit the coast close to Karachi and around the Indus delta have Greek heritage. Shared words and curly hair.

The Kalash are a small isolated population, so that is why they appear to have be genetically unique. There's probably been some drift within the population.

They're not Greek or Macedonian though, as you say. There's no genetic proof of that in the slightest.
There is genetic proof of a little (but significant) Greek mixing among the Pathans.

For crying out loud. My first cousins range from white looking to almost african looking, and all in one nuclear family. There is diversity in almost every household.

Agree 100%, there is more to diversity then fair skin. I am amazed how people are attracted to Fair skin... Many people post pictures of women and children from NA and NWFP but never anywhere else.

Shame really...

fair skin with awful features? or olive skin with fine features? What would be one's pick?

Good Lord, People are taking this thread out of context! Refer to the first post, my original intent wasn't to turn this into a "Genealogy 101" Class. An Image came to my attention and I decided to share it. What's this hoopla about where these people are from? They're all Pakistani's, who belong to their respective ethnicities and that's the end of it.

Savvy?

Back
Top Bottom