What's new

Aamir Khan meets Turkish President Erdogan's wife, Emine, in Istanbul. Sanghis get Heart-burn

Aamir Khan will never do that against his country. He's a relative of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, one of the pioneering founders of modern India secular Republic.

Does that make him an honorary Bangali? Would go far to explain his brusque dismissal of these cow-candy eaters currently in power.

@DalalErMaNodi

RSS bots have many reasons to slander specific people that deny their ideology of extremism & hindutva. Be it Amir Khan or anyone else, that includes Hindus as well; these call center agents will blame anyone. A day ago, I was reading that one of the BJP members called a congress MLA a traitor and that Congressi guy unfortunately died of heart attack while kept saying till the last moment that he (BJP) killed him. Can anyone try to understand that such slandering politics is the only fuel left for BJP politics

I agree with this part of your post 100%.

No idea. If it came from Sanghi vocabulary, I have least interest.

I don't even spend time with the BIMARU types here in my adopted country. As I told you, my circle consists of some Tamils, 1 Pakistani friend who's a supplier, and a bunch of Bangladeshis who work in a restaurant (some are illegal, LOL :-)). I grew up in Mumbai in the 80's and 90's and left India around 2003-04.

So I don't suffer the Sanghis in my daily life like you do.

What a shame you can't keep to some simple self-imposed limits. No need to insult the nice gentlemen in coloured nether garments.

Does that make him an honorary Bangali? Would go far to explain his brusque dismissal of these cow-candy eaters currently in power.

@DalalErMaNodi

His nephew, Imran Khan, seems to be one- at least 1/2 of him. Anil Pal sounds Bengali, does he? But looks like he was an absentee father who had no role in his upbringing. Men who run away immediately after their child is born. He probably hates Bengali Hindus like I hate Punjabi Khatris. :cheesy: Nyah, I don't just kidding

At least my Hindu father stayed with my mother for many years before separating due to irreconcilable differences. He also did many fatherly duties to be fair, but lost the plot after I turned 14-15 thanks to his second wife, and then he got involved in the other family more.
Although my parents fought on many things (mainly money, property, his numerous affairs etc.), religion wasn't one of them.

So will you condemn Narendra Modi supporters who are needlessly abusing Aamir Khan on Twitter right now?

Just answer in YES or NO.

Freedom of expression... both parties...

A useless debate... They are just boycotting his upcoming movie... and they have CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to do so...
It is a better way than burning down a city...

And Yes, Amir Khan is not doing any wrong... abusing him is wrong...

There are two parties in bollywood hindutva lead by amitabh and muslim. Party by amir and salman

well at least we know whose gonna be the next well known minority celebrity to get lynched in india!:enjoy:

Absolutely agreed. He is the only actor producer I really respect. Very balanced view. All other Khan's are hypocrites.
Amir KHan is the only practicing Muslim among the Khans. All his wives accepted Islam, unlike Gauri (SRK's wife) or Salman's girlfriends.

But he stays silent most of the time. Economic compulsions perhaps. THe price of being a muslim in India.

Aamir has nothing to do with any 'Muslim' party in Bollywood.

You're on the wrong forum if you want to explain the Indian brand of true secularism. :cheesy: The Pakistanis here just won't "get it" (except 2-3 of them who are really very openminded)-- they can only misunderstand Aamir Khan's visit to Turkey to suit their narrative. He might be a Hadji, and a devout Muslim in every way. But he's also a committed secularist and Indian nationalist, cut from the same cloth as his illustrious relative Abul Kalam Azad.

@xeuss

Freedom of expression... both parties...

A useless debate... They are just boycotting his upcoming movie... and they have CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to do so...
It is a better way than burning down a city...

And Yes, Amir Khan is not doing any wrong... abusing him is wrong...

It's one thing to boycott Aamir Khan's movies...it's another thing to call him traitor and anti-national for meeting the First Lady of another country with which India has full-fledged diplomatic and trade relations.

Why isn't this guy Narendra Modi an anti-national as well? Here he's hugging Erdogan, the enemy of India.

wire-853755-1498569442-42_634x427.jpg

You're on the wrong forum if you want to explain the Indian brand of true secularism. :cheesy: The Pakistanis here just won't "get it" (except 2-3 of them who are really very openminded)-- they can only misunderstand Aamir Khan's visit to Turkey to suit their narrative. He might be a Hadji, and a devout Muslim in every way. But he's also a committed secularist and Indian nationalist, cut from the same cloth as his illustrious relative Abul Kalam Azad.

I think you are exactly right.

They just can't get that a Muslim Haji or a Puja-offering Hindu can be secular; for them, this doesn't compute. Actually, this might be true of the other extreme as well; you started an interesting line of thought.

Back
Top Bottom