What's new

A Photo released from Chinese side in regard of Pangong Tso conflict

no one wearing a mask on Indian side, so difficult to guess the time this video was shot, you can see even Chinese are without mask....Mask is not a definite measure of authenticating a timestamp but atleast helps to put things into perspective. For all we know video is from last year.
As far as Chinese photo is concerned then atleast it is giving hint that image grab is from recent time - post COVID19 pandemic....Also to add your own Indian Army has disowned the video
View attachment 636915
The video is very recent because that helmet that Indian officer was wearing was issued to 14 corps only in April 2020.
Also army is trying not to escalate tensions on social media

Chinese troops blacktopping track in disputed ‘finger’ area in Ladakh amid border tensions

The fresh Chinese construction activity is happening around Finger 4 in Pangong lake area. China also blocked the route of Indian patrol teams in the disputed region.

New Delhi: Chinese soldiers are busy blacktopping a track in the disputed ‘finger’ area of Pangong lake in Ladakh after blocking the path of Indian patrols with a new bunker, two bulldozers and a moat-like construction.

Sources told ThePrint the fresh Chinese construction activity has been happening around Finger 4, a disputed territory. Blacktopping is the final stage of building a motorable road.

The 134 km of Pangong lake’s northern bank juts out like a palm, and the various protrusions are identified as “fingers” to demarcate territory. While India asserts that the LAC (Line of Actual Control) starts at Finger 8, China claims it starts at Finger 2, which India dominates.

Complete article here

https://theprint.in/defence/chinese...r-area-in-ladakh-amid-border-tensions/432147/

no body is putting a time stamp on it, is it doctored image? doesn't look like to me.
Has the author claimed that it is from yesterday? well to that I have already said that no, we can't be sure of the time line....

So how does a serious defense forum accept a picture whose time stamp is not authenticated. Whose source your don't know. You don't know if it is doctored or not.

Your side ambushed one of our which leads to a major fist fight later, but the problem was resolved through dialogue later until one of your soldier decided to "leaked" the footage to claim "victory" for domestic consumption after almost a month.
All of this could be avoided.

It is extremely strange that these incidents, or seeming incidents, are being publicised, when neither side wants to exacerbate tensions around these.

Most regrettable.

So how does a serious defense forum accept a picture whose time stamp is not authenticated. Whose source your don't know. You don't know if it is doctored or not.
Well, as O.P mentioned & I can see too, Chinese are wearing masks, thats there uniform. The guys pined to the ground, left fore dead look line IA to me, i can see their Uniform. O.P has not given the exact time period but am assuming it's post COVID19 pandemic, going by the masks....

let me help you giving that answer

prove the picture to be from unreliable source or refute it, we will lock the thread....all lot of threads get locked due to unreliable source, no source or fake.... few OSINT handles are accepted as reliable source
Do you have any proof that this picture is from a "reliable" source? Define that reliable source of this picture, any RUMINT, OSINT handles posted this?
As I said, I have no problem with this much ado about nothing threads. I'm simply enjoying the cheerleading from both sides and mods playing their part. I have no qualms.

Do you have any proof that this picture is from a "reliable" source? Define that reliable source of this picture, any RUMINT, OSINT handles posted this?
As I said, I have no problem with this much ado about nothing threads. I'm simply enjoying the cheerleading from both sides and mods playing their part. I have no qualms.
It is not doctored image, just to satisfy your self I ran it through OSINT toolkit provided by bellingcat.

and btw there is no shit thing as RUMINT --- a rumor can't be an Intelligence ....stop watching too much social media....

Pic from 7th May when 5 Indian soldiers were injured after ambushed by PLA.
Indian retaliated 8 days later by trapping a PLA Humvee and injuring 3-4 Chinese soldiers. I already posted that video.

This is inhuman way to treat PLA soldier.

Well, as O.P mentioned & I can see too, Chinese are wearing masks, thats there uniform. The guys pined to the ground, left fore dead look line IA to me, i can see their Uniform. O.P has not given the exact time period but am assuming it's post COVID19 pandemic, going by the masks....

let me help you giving that answer
Your logic is simply flawed and sheer double standards and we all know Bharwana is a trigger happy mod who's actions are illogical and acts out of hatred

Your logic is simply flawed and sheer double standards and we all know Bharwana is a trigger happy mod who's actions are illogical and acts out of hatred
He went by Indian Army official claim. If Indian Military itself is calling the video unauthenticated, how can it be allowed, please explain to me? and as he said already if Chinese disown the photo, we will delete this thread too..
If you think you have been dealt unjustly take it with Senior Mods in GHQ, that is all i can advise...

A word of advise for all members here, BEHAVE!!!
No personal insults please, any member who gets attacked, please report the post, no need to engage the troll otherwise both will get warning & thread ban

Back
Top Bottom