What's new

A Local Engineer building a tank for the army...!!

bd_4_ever

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Here is the news in Bangla...someone help me to translate it in english, as i dont have converter.

The Daily Amader shomoy July 27, 2011 news0903.htm

So basically, this Engineer Shahidul is personally building a tank for trial purpose i believe...after obtaining permission from the Army. He made a blue print of the tank and sent it to the Commanding Officer. Having liked it, he was given the go. It took him 2 months and a total of 7 lakhs taka to build it. He made it in a space beside his house and is a T-59 medium tank according to the news. He will be handing over the tank to the Shahid Mahbub Cantonment.

Lol this is interesting...!

Cheers!!!

what does that mean?? He used a t59 tank parts to make tank of new design??? Once a bangladeshi used to build limo and sports car out of scrap metals.. Forgot his name... This case is maybe just like this....

what does that mean?? He used a t59 tank parts to make tank of new design??? Once a bangladeshi used to build limo and sports car out of scrap metals.. Forgot his name... This case is maybe just like this....

Nothing is mentioned about using parts to make the tank. From the news it sounds like he made it himself.

However, that guy's name is Lipu...made an F-51 i guess.

Cheers!!!

Lol...interesting. Better give him security. Next thing you know, his blueprints will be all over the black market with a do-it-yourself tank kit!!

This is the single image that I have found...

zeebrann_1311743227_1-tank.bmp

Well what some news quotes is this
vehicle will primarily be engaged in
operating as a practice platform for
junior trainees rather then actual warfare.

Can't seems to find specifications anywhere
rather then its build on a t-59 platform having
the capacity to seat three with separate displays(computer).

Took him 7 Lacs Takas or $10,000.

Dunno if its the vehicle or the way the picture
is taken but the proportions looks quite odd.
Although he has to be congratulated for solving
the suspensions of a tank!

This is the single image that I have found...

zeebrann_1311743227_1-tank.bmp

Doesn't even look like a tank. A tank that took 7 months at a cost of 7 lacs seems hardly a ground-breaker, but regardless it's a start.

Well, there is Israel with it's Merkava - a very innovative design. Takes a lot of people, resources, time and support to achieve that.

Well the top kinda reminds one of R2D2 !

Reminds me of an M-4 Sherman with a much taller base :lol:

look does not matter...we have to see usefulness comparing to low cost........ the news says it is made by army engineer shahidul islam and will be used for training instead of t59 in Dinazpur Cantonment only..... The tank will provide better view of surroundings to all crews as it has three separate monitors inside it .... and again it is a prototype.... he built it, army approved it.... i dont think he worked on looks yet.....if it is effective then there is enough time to care about it's look.... oh yeah. Just call Lipu. He will give it type 99 look!!:cheesy:

point is this is the beginning...... and i am happy for it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom