What's new

A Local Engineer building a tank for the army...!!

You don't really need heavy armory. Rather a combination of light armor and more aerial assets like Israel is needed since your potential threat is only Burma (unless you expect Indian military to take over our country in a coup, which is impossible). Burmese recently got some brand new MiG-29s.. around 20.

The Israeli Merkava is heavy. Although, Middle Eastern terrain is completely different from South Asian or even South East Asian terrain. So, light and medium tanks are good.

Regarding Burma, I am sure India is a staunch supporter of the junta for obvious reasons.

As far as aircraft is concerned, even Bangladesh's national carrier - Biman could barely procure enough aircraft for its operations. Even the air force is very limited and somewhat underfunded. It's not just because of lack of money - it's mainly due to lack of organization and destructive politics both in Biman and the military.

I'd go for Western aircraft any day. Chinese option is limited since their ability to produce large numbers of complex aircraft for export and done so quickly are limited at the moment.

The Israeli Merkava is heavy. Although, Middle Eastern terrain is completely different from South Asian or even South East Asian terrain. So, light and medium tanks are good.

Regarding Burma, I am sure India is a staunch supporter of the junta for obvious reasons.

As far as aircraft is concerned, even Bangladesh's national carrier - Biman could barely procure enough aircraft for its operations. Even the air force is very limited and somewhat underfunded. It's not just because of lack of money - it's mainly due to lack of organization and destructive politics both in Biman and the military.

I'd go for Western aircraft any day. Chinese option is limited since their ability to produce large numbers of complex aircraft for export and done so quickly are limited at the moment.

I do agree with you. Heavy tank are not of much use in Swampy, muddy terrain of BD. Merkava, Abarams and Arjuna will be less mobile in muddy terrain..

Bangladesh have all right to keep better Armed forces, no matter neighbors are canine or not... Even canada has no threat from any neighbor, they keep good armed force...

why is uncle tiki banned?? Without him bd subforum turns into a quiet place..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom