What's new

A Local Engineer building a tank for the army...!!

:sick:

Training Purpose ???

Another Day-Dreaming ?? or Is this natural habit ??

Training is done on similar kind of tank not something like Water tank or Artificial box like tank. :what:. :woot:

By Such Training, you will prepare for War against India or Burma ??

Open the news link, ask someone who can read bengali and comprehend what is mentioned.

Whom are you charging of day-dreaming...? Seems like you did not get the hint from my first reply to you.

PS:- We dont crave for war...something new to you?!?

Cheers!!!

Let me repeat again what you missed...

I have mentioned to RockyX that if there is any issue with the news, take it to them...charging me here is pointless.

You are free to call it a bottle tank/flask or whatever, given it does not look like a tank. I agree to this.

Reason for posting the news, which i mentioned to be "interesting", is solely to highlight a man's attempt to do something none of the 16 million people did in BD.

It did not work out...i know that too and you agree as well. So what are you trying to achieve with these posts?

Cheers!!!

However, that guy's name is Lipu...made an F-51 i guess.
As said, its for training purpose only...so i guess it makes sense not to have put a lot of hard work in it.

That gushing!

That is then running for cover with it being for training.

The same smugness as if Fleming was discovering Penicillin!

That gushing!

The young lad Lipu made a Ferrari-look alike car from a scrap car and named it F-51 or something similar.

This was an old news...lot of Bangladeshi news channels covered it.

Hence what is so surprising in it?

Cheers!!!

The young lad Lipu made a Ferrari-look alike car from a scrap car and named it F-51 or something similar.

This was an old news...lot of Bangladeshi news channels covered it.

Hence what is so surprising in it?

Cheers!!!

Oh sure, he is Edison, Stevenson, Neils Bohr and Mohammed Zafar, the local kabadiwala all rolled in one!

Even my car costs more than that tank :lol:

It's likely to be a personal experiment at best. However, I don't see the point of it.

It's likely to be a personal experiment at best. However, I don't see the point of it.

It would have been okay if it was college students doing it as apart of their curriculum, but a seasoned engineer to waster tax payers money on this is totally unacceptable.

Hey if you cannot train on it then you can always use it at children's playground. You can inspire new generation of budding soldiers.

I am just kidding. :yahoo:

About the news:

First of all, Amader Somoy is best for killing your time when you are stuck in the infamous traffic jam of Dhaka. It helps as make shift fan as well, and not to forget its role as a shield from sun.

My point is, this newspaper has history of making moles into mountains.

This was the young engineer's personal effort and his personal funding, as the report does not mention anything related to govt. funding.

Secondly, No where in the report it mentions that this is used in training. So let us stop speculating about this.
I mean, I seriously doubt whether it can move, let alone housing 3 computers, which alone would amount to almost half of his total expenditure. Considering, the high price of steel, either I forgot to read Bangla completely or the reporter was on a trance while writing it. This is at best, a thin layered dummy vehicle, which cannot even be considered as a prototype.

Nevertheless, a good personal attempt worth praise. At least he tried, unlike us.

Might as well be better off in a kid's playground. There was an old tank in my playground back in Tokyo :P

Did u do the tokyo drift in tht thing??:D
In karachi we had an old PAF jet parked near the place my father was performing his IS duty......... used to sit in it thinkin i was MM Alam... lol

This is the single image that I have found...

zeebrann_1311743227_1-tank.bmp

place a water thrower a the top to send off the mob or any like situation................its looking like an APC smashed into an old tank rest is in front of us.

The cost, the time it took to construct and the picture indicates it is a total joke and to put it on PDF as a 'great achievement' is an insult to the Bangladeshi talent and intelligence!

It is juvenile and imbecilic to believe that developed countries spend millions over years to develop a tank and here is BD doing it in 7 years with Taka 7 lakh!

Could you please show me, Mr. Tiki Tam Tam, where any Bangladeshi member mentioned it as "a great achievement"? A man builds a "tank" using his own time and money, a newspaper covers the incident, and it gets 4 pages in a military forum with everyone passing judgement on it! Can't a man have a hobby anymore?

Oh we are just spoiling our valuable time and energy on silly matter actually he is local non military contractor for military took responsibility to build a dummy of tank to display in front of sayedpur cantonment. this is nothing related to any quench for self reliance on defence .

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom