What's new

A Local Engineer building a tank for the army...!!

Could you please show me, Mr. Tiki Tam Tam, where any Bangladeshi member mentioned it as "a great achievement"? A man builds a "tank" using his own time and money, a newspaper covers the incident, and it gets 4 pages in a military forum with everyone passing judgement on it! Can't a man have a hobby anymore?

My good friend, what would it mean if I were to append a news item that India has made an innovative carry bag out of jute?

If I put it up as a thread, would it not mean that it is something of an achievement that India has achieved.

Do you start threads of no value or something that does not have a sense of achievement?

One goes by the tone and tenor of the post/ article to know what exactly the poster is aiming at, even if he does not comment.

Why then justify that it is for training purpose, when that very suggestion is militarily ridiculous.

I hope one would not have to state the obvious again, which is so elementary that it is taken that people with average intelligence understands.

I believe there are people whose hobby is collecting toothbrushes in UK. It came out in one of the newspapers. I would be surprised if it deserved a thread!

please read 30-7-2011edition of amader samoy news paper and clear all confusion

Please reproduce it.

Why are you decrying a great invention that has deserved a thread in the PDF and still running strong.

Aren't you proud of this great achievement?

There is no confusion.

It is a invention that deserve mention and it is good of the person to put it on the PDF for all to realise what fools they are wasting money and years over developing tanks, when BD can do it with mere Taka 7 lakhs and that too at home!!

Bill Gates also started in a garage!!

Who knows we may have a BD Bill Gates!

Could you please show me, Mr. Tiki Tam Tam, where any Bangladeshi member mentioned it as "a great achievement"? A man builds a "tank" using his own time and money, a newspaper covers the incident, and it gets 4 pages in a military forum with everyone passing judgement on it! Can't a man have a hobby anymore?

Well, all innovations come out from some idea. War tanks are certainly not an invention or innovation any more. It is already old. But, a country like Bangladesh where we have shortage of innovative minds, an effort to build a tank is not just a simple thing. This civil engineer now has the knowhow to build tanks, which the military industry will certainly use to build many more in the future. THis is quite a step.

Well, all innovations come out from some idea. War tanks are certainly not an invention or innovation any more. It is already old. But, a country like Bangladesh where we have shortage of innovative minds, an effort to build a tank is not just a simple thing. This civil engineer now has the knowhow to build tanks, which the military industry will certainly use to build many more in the future. THis is quite a step.

You seriously feel that Bangaldesh has no intellect or no innovative minds?

I am not a Bangladeshi, but I think that is a very insulting statement to Bangladeshis.

All I can say is that your statement is not correct.

Yunus is not an innovative mind? He is the person who brought the idea of micro financing to the forefront. If that is not intellect and innovation, then what is?

And for that, he was recognised with the Nobel Prize!

You seriously feel that Bangaldesh has no intellect or no innovative minds?

I am not a Bangladeshi, but I think that is a very insulting statement to Bangladeshis.

All I can say is that your statement is not correct.

Yunus is not an innovative mind? He is the person who brought the idea of micro financing to the forefront. If that is not intellect and innovation, then what is?

And for that, he was recognised with the Nobel Prize!

Why it is insulting if I say Bangladesh has not yet built a steam locomotive? It is the reality. We do not even venture into a known world. Locomotive is an old technology. But, so far we have not built any. A hollow pride has no value.

wish that tank enters service

congrats BD members

But, a country like Bangladesh where we have shortage of innovative minds,

This is what is insulting to the Bangladeshis,

It suggest that persons with innovative minds are in dire short supply in Bangaldesh.

Innovative minds, by the way, does not come on an authorised scale as is in government authorised scale of ration in a ration shop for BPL people!

Brains are God given.

Yunus, a Bangladeshi proved he has brains to innovate.

I am sure that he will not be the only one in Bangaldesh.

False pride is passing off what appears to be a water tank as a combat tank!

At the best, its an amateur attempt at building a tank, ... And the BD member in his excitement to post the news story thread, forgot to verify or check the facts and logic..

Here is the news in Bangla...someone help me to translate it in english, as i dont have converter.

The Daily Amader shomoy July 27, 2011 news0903.htm

So basically, this Engineer Shahidul is personally building a tank for trial purpose i believe...after obtaining permission from the Army. He made a blue print of the tank and sent it to the Commanding Officer. Having liked it, he was given the go. It took him 2 months and a total of 7 lakhs taka to build it. He made it in a space beside his house and is a T-59 medium tank according to the news. He will be handing over the tank to the Shahid Mahbub Cantonment.

Lol this is interesting...!

Cheers!!!

He can build the structure of the tank but what about the systems and sub-systems like Battle management system , computerized control hydraulics, anti jamming controls etc etc , these aspects needs specialization in respective field and one can't do it solely , i wonder what is the status of the news and whether the reporter performed some error on his part. or it can be that individual making the outter structure of the tank while the systems and subsystems will be done by bangladesh tank building factory/company

Well even though that remains a fact...but i think a bit of initiative and resources can help us do it. We can build our own tanks but yes, there are lot of political and economic strings attached.

China is always there...we first need to look into our home. If we can even make 5 tanks...that will be our own to be acknowledged.

Cheers!!!

@ What you will do with these tanks ??? First make some tanks and gift it to Sk Hasina who in turn will give it to her riot police.

@ My dear friend these hand made tanks will not help in times of crisis rather help India ? All funy ideas.

@ I remember once AL was in power from 1996-2001, the SK Hasina's CAS (ex-engineer) made a plan. He first disbanded 1 x Field Regiment Artillery(105 mm Pack How) and than after few months dismanded another armoured Regiment (probably T-55 /T-59 but definitely amphibious). Now he made a new master plan that in future we donnot have to import mobile artillery(Self propelled). Soon, these artillery pieces were fixed on the tank chasis by the local engineers and finally test and trial fire was carried out. My foot !!!!!!!!! the result was horrible and finally we lost 1 x Artillery regiment and 1 x Tank Regiment.

@ Once BNP came to power in 2002, soon these locally made self propelled Artillery guns were withdrawn from all Cantonments and kept at COD, Dhaka.

@ What you will do with these tanks ??? First make some tanks and gift it to Sk Hasina who in turn will give it to her riot police.

@ My dear friend these hand made tanks will not help in times of crisis rather help India ? All funy ideas.

@ I remember once AL was in power from 1996-2001, the SK Hasina's CAS (ex-engineer) made a plan. He first disbanded 1 x Field Regiment Artillery(105 mm Pack How) and than after few months dismanded another armoured Regiment (probably T-55 /T-59 but definitely amphibious). Now he made a new master plan that in future we donnot have to import mobile artillery(Self propelled). Soon, these artillery pieces were fixed on the tank chasis by the local engineers and finally test and trial fire was carried out. My foot !!!!!!!!! the result was horrible and finally we lost 1 x Artillery regiment and 1 x Tank Regiment.

@ Once BNP came to power in 2002, soon these locally made self propelled Artillery guns were withdrawn from all Cantonments and kept at COD, Dhaka.

Man, some wasteful expenditure by the AL.

maybe they thought the tank is good enough to counter Arjunk :lol:

[p.s. its a joke]

maybe they thought the tank is good enough to counter Arjunk :lol:

[p.s. its a joke]

You don't really need heavy armory. Rather a combination of light armor and more aerial assets like Israel is needed since your potential threat is only Burma (unless you expect Indian military to take over our country in a coup, which is impossible). Burmese recently got some brand new MiG-29s.. around 20.

This is the single image that I have found...

zeebrann_1311743227_1-tank.bmp

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What jokers! :lol: Even children have better toy than this.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom