What's new

a doubt regarding india's secularism

but the wakf board ain't under the govt. It don't
have a minister either.

Central Wakf Council, India was Established By govt of India.

The Council is headed by a Chairperson, who is the Union Minister Incharge of Wakfs, while Secretary is the Chief Executive of the Council, there are maximum 20 other members.

The state Wakf Board runs Under Central wakf Council.

The wakf Council is Currently headed By Salman Khusheed.

There are Many such Boards which is in charge Of religious Properties In India - So how come It is against secularism ????

in Kerela, it is due to certain circumstances(you can search "temple entry proclamation"), government has to intervene and handles administration of the temples. I think it's under communist rule these boards are formed. because, there was a revoultion in kerala happened 7-8 decades back which allowed equality of all hindus irrespective of the caste system. caste system menace was what may have triggered this managing of temples in kerala under government ministry. although, caste system is very less these days, government want to milk money from temples like Sabarimala,Guruvayoor which collects immense amount of wealth every season.

while for mosques,churches they are not preferring to choose government take over of administration. although funds,management of properties are tracked by minorities affairs ministry(state and central).

Government of India, Ministry of Minority Affairs - Home Page

Minority affaris minsitry monitors waqf activities. mostly headed by a muslim minister. current minister in centre is Adv. Salman Khurshid .
I am sure that temple entry proclamation has nothing to do with this.

@spark and takeiteasy:
You mean the govt. Sees temple as a source of money?

Nope it doesnt see but realise and takes care of the revenue cause we have a few corrupt ones inside temple administration. Also please note that its one of the smaller states .

Its the simplest way i can explain.

@spark and takeiteasy:
You mean the govt. Sees temple as a source of money?
The Amount of Money collected during for eg: Sabarimalai pilgrimage is Huge. Imagine a Local committee handling this much Money without Corruption,mismanagement. that's where Kerela government steps in and took over control of the temples. in no way devaswom is 100% efficient. but may be better than individual temple committees.

Temple entry proclamation happened in Kerala.. so it has got everything to do with the state. Nothing to do with rest of states.
Whats the relation between
Temple entry proclamation with devasome ministry.
P.s: i am not from kintergarden. I have been to your state as per request of
Your govt. To improve tourism possibilities and we were made to look like idiots

@takeiteasy and spark:then why is the govt. Under taking the low income temples also? Cant it stop with big fishes like sabargmala.?

Whats the relation between
Temple entry proclamation with devasome ministry.
P.s: i am not from kintergarden. I have been to your state as per request of
Your govt. To improve tourism possibilities and we were made to look like idiots

In a newly formed state that was a historical decision and the temples were divided into various boards called devasoms and a ministry was set up to take care of the bad practises and to account the millions which comes as pilgrimage tourism..

PS: what all places u visited.. and tell me more on the project like whom u met.. in KTDC and all.. would love to know..

but the wakf board ain't under the govt. It don't
have a minister either.

The Union Minister for Minority affairs is in-charge of the Wakf and heads the Wakf council.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Wakf_Council,_India

I may be wrong regarding temple entry proclamation linked with formation of Devaswom board in Kerela.
But, from Cochin Devaswom board site:
Cochin Devaswom Board Chronicle
Till 1181, the Hindu temples were owned and managed by private bodies. Thereafter on the basis of a proclamation issued by Col.Munro who was the advisor of her Highness
Rani Gouri Lakshmi Bhai and later appointed as Diwan of Cochin, all the temples and properties became the property of the government. The reasons for taking temples and their properties are clear from the proclamation.

"Devaswom affairs in this country have long been the subject of my anxiety , because the landed properties of the devaswoms are uncultivated and yield no revenue and on account of frauds, there are heavy arrears and default in ceremonies in the devawoms. frauds and discripancies are taking place in the expenditure laid down for the devaswoms and in connection with pattuparivattam(cloth for the idol), thiruvabharanam(Ornaments for idol)and temple vessals , I am fully convinced from the petitions received from the respective mMandapathuvathukkal kariakkars that these circumstances are due to damages taking place in several way and to the temples not being thatched to a sharp turn on the implementation of the covenant executed between the Rulers of Travancore and Cochin for the formation of the United State of Travancore and Cochin."

The appointed day for the covenant was 1 st day of July, 1949.Article 3 of the covenant reads; “ As from the appointed day,(a) all rights, authority and jurisdiction , belonging to the Ruler of either of the Covenanting states which appertain or are incidental to the Government of that state shall devolve on that state , and shall be discharged by it ; and (c) all the assets and liabilities of either covenanting state shall be the assets and liabilities of the united state”.Under the Cochin Hindu religious institutions Act, the government took over the management of the mismanaged Devaswoms.Cochin Devaswom Board was constituted in the year 1949. In the year 1922 His Highness the Maharaja of Travancore and Cochin states were integrated and administrative control of the devaswoms were vested with the devaswom boards. The devaswom board as seen now is the creation of the ActXV of 1950
..:: Cochin Devaswom Board ::..

In a newly formed state that was a historical decision and the temples were divided into various boards called devasoms and a ministry was set up to take care of the bad practises and to account the millions which comes as pilgrimage tourism..

PS: what all places u visited.. and tell me more on the project like whom u met.. in KTDC and all.. would love to know..
We stayed and studied in kerala for months,visited several places. Upon arrival,we were given a grand welcome including media coverage. Some minister was
also there. But when we completed our works ,no one was there even to receive the
report. Our return tickets were delivered via a petty boy
and we had to go to the airport by our own means.
I am sure that the report wasn't even opened.

Back
Top Bottom