What's new

a doubt regarding india's secularism

stop talking abt secularism if u can't understand it, it always amazes me when a citizen of single religion republic talk abt secularism. secularism kis chidiya ka naam hai pata bhi hai kya????

He is asking some geniune questions regarding my state.. lets not attack the seeker.

Even so, India recognizes laws based on religion. Hindus, Muslims, and Christians are governed by their own religious laws. Thus, India does not really fit into any text book definition of Secularism. It has, in fact, created its own brand of Secularism. Indeed, Supreme Court of India observed the same thing in the case of Aruna Roy vs. Union of India (SC AIR 2002), when it said Indian Secularism means ”sarva dhrama samabhav” and not “sarva dharma abhav” ( meaning, "equal feeling for all religions" and not "no feeling for any religion").

A quote From Wiki - Hope That Answers You

Yes, the same secular country that has passed acts for wakf board and haj comittees.
Although I agree, govt should not manage religious matters.

we have that kind of a minister bcoz,in kerala,there are important temples like sabarimala,guruvayoor etc.

So what? You want to sacrifice your secularism for the sake of two temples? One can point out lot of other 'important' mosques,guru dwaras etc too. Will they get ministers too?

So what? You want to sacrifice your secularism for the sake of two temples? One can point out lot of other 'important' mosques,guru dwaras etc too. Will they get ministers too?

No they wont,because minorities wont allow it. Infact govt should not manage the religious matter of hindus also.

For that we have Paloli Muhammed Kutty who is the minister of local self governance.

Next question.:coffee:

There is also a temple called Jagannath Temple in Puri, Orissa that doesnt allow non-Hindus to enter the premises. But these are just some few temples that have their own rules. In fact, there are plenty of temples where Muslims do visit and there are plenty of Mosques where Hindus visit. In Guwahati, Assam, there is a Mazar of Peer Baba where more Hindus than Muslims pray and light candles everyday. Also, you might have heard about Haji Ali..it's very famous and Hindus pay obeisance here every day. Same goes for Fatehpur Sikri where I've tied a dhaga so that my wishes come true and also Moinuddin Chisti's dargah in Ajmer.

Ok ok,i do respect your religious coexistence.
Sorry for the offensive post above.
My question is,there are lot of important mosques and temples in india. Why only this particular province has a separate ministry and a minister for temples?

There's nothing anti-secular about this. They take care of the temples (forget about the religion) which so many Keralians and Indians go to pray and worship. So, if anything happened to the temples and they can't go there because of it. THEN it would be anti-secular because people can't even go to their place of worship. Or if doing this collides with some other beliefs then it would be anti-secular. But this is just about preserving their heritage. :)

Here in England, there is a minister for taking care of Church of England. So does that mean it's mean it's anti-secular? No.

I hope I answered your query. :)

My question is,there are lot of important mosques and temples in india. Why only this particular province has a separate ministry and a minister for temples?

We told you already the need is due to geography.. And you are talking on terms or Government and ministry.. so check whom we have send to central ministry. one Mr AK Antony , a christian, and defence minister and E Ahmed a muslim.

Also remember the state is the home for the famous IUML, Indian Union Muslim League.

In India there are two governments. 1 Central Government [which sits in Delhi] and 2 State Governments [which sits in the respected capital of respected state.]

Central Government looks after issues such as Foreign relations, Security, Education and State governments looks after religious matters [till the extent it doesn't affect national interest] and is allowed to make different laws in their states. For example, liquor is prohibited in Gujarat and Mizoram.

There's nothing anti-secular about this. They take care of the temples (forget about the religion) which so many Keralians and Indians go to pray and worship. So, if anything happened to the temples and they can't go there because of it. THEN it would be anti-secular because people can't even go to their place of worship. Or if doing this collides with some other beliefs then it would be anti-secular. But this is just about preserving their heritage. :)

Here in England, there is a minister for taking care of Church of England. So does that mean it's mean it's anti-secular? No.

I hope I answered your query. :)
In karala,the ministry is for all the temples,not for a particular one.

Back
Top Bottom