What's new

a doubt regarding india's secularism

We told you already the need is due to geography.. And you are talking on terms or Government and ministry.. so check whom we have send to central ministry. one Mr AK Antony , a christian, and defence minister and E Ahmed a muslim.

Also remember the state is the home for the famous IUML, Indian Union Muslim League.
spark,
I am not asking about the religion of ur ministers.
I am asking why the hell your govt. has a separate dept. And a minister for temples?

i have came across to know that in karala,a province in india,there is a separate govt. Department and a minister for managing hindu temples.
Isn't it against secularism?

Dude, seriously I am a Christian from Kerala. I think its one of the most secular state in India. Seriously go to my city Kottayam and see the mix of Muslims, Christian, Hindus living side by side.

Of all the states in India dont question its secularism.

In karala,the ministry is for all the temples,not for a particular one.

There you go. You answered your own question. It's for ALL the temples. It's just preserving their identity and heritage. Religion has very little to do with this.

In Delhi there is minister for taking care of Taj Mahal so do Hindus of Agra go 'heyy we want a minister for temples as well'? No.

Dude, seriously I am a Christian from Kerala. I think its one of the most secular state in India. Seriously go to my city Kottayam and see the mix of Muslims, Christian, Hindus living side by side.
i am not questioning ur unity.i respect it.

There you go. You answered your own question. It's for ALL the temples. It's just preserving their identity and heritage. Religion has very little to do with this.

In Delhi there is minister for taking care of Taj Mahal so do Hindus of Agra go 'heyy we want a minister for temples as well'? No.
You contradicted the post made by spark!
P.s: taj mahal is not in the same lane as temple.

Don't lie to me!

Nope

And do you know why there is one???

Its not to take care or appease the majority but to check the corruption

In spite of being a progressive State with a rich history of social reformation movement people seldom dared to question the wayward style of temple administration. Vested interests got well entrenched there with criminal misappropriation of resources. There was no meaningful intervention by Government. Hence it was needed to create a ministry..

You contradicted the post made by spark!
P.s: taj mahal is not in the same lane as temple.

I'm not from Kerala and I didn't even know about this until you told. He must be correct.

Either it is for jest few temples or for ALL of them. It's not anti-secular. I just explained why. :)

I think Its Just a Board ' Devaswom Board ' Which is In charge Of the Temples in Kerala , There is Wakf Board for Muslims too which is in charge of Religious Properties.

Nope

And do you know why there is one???

Its not to take care or appease the majority but to check the corruption

In spite of being a progressive State with a rich history of social reformation movement people seldom dared to question the wayward style of temple administration. Vested interests got well entrenched there with criminal misappropriation of resources. There was no meaningful intervention by Government. Hence it was needed to create a ministry..
the same can be applied to other religions.
P.s: that wasn't a gud answer!

I think Its Just a Board ' Devaswom Board ' Which is In charge Of the Temples in Kerala , There is Wakf Board for Muslims too which is in charge of Religious Properties.
but the wakf board ain't under the govt. It don't
have a minister either.

in Kerela, it is due to certain circumstances(you can search "temple entry proclamation"), government has to intervene and handles administration of the temples. I think it's under communist rule these boards are formed. because, there was a revoultion in kerala happened 7-8 decades back which allowed equality of all hindus irrespective of the caste system. caste system menace was what may have triggered this managing of temples in kerala under government ministry. although, caste system is very less these days, government want to milk money from temples like Sabarimala,Guruvayoor which collects immense amount of wealth every season.

while for mosques,churches they are not preferring to choose government take over of administration. although funds,management of properties are tracked by minorities affairs ministry(state and central).

Government of India, Ministry of Minority Affairs - Home Page
have a minister either.
Minority affaris minsitry monitors waqf activities. mostly headed by a muslim minister. current minister in centre is Adv. Salman Khurshid .

the same can be applied to other religions.
P.s: that wasn't a gud answer!

The state's affairs and the revenue and the number of pilgrims requires the need for a seperate ministry as it is also a major source of revenue.

Google Sabarimala and check its income.. The ministries depend on the need and importance..

States like MP doesnt have a ministry for fisheries but we have.. so we cant really say they are discriminating against fishes.. but its due to the fact that they dont have a coastline.. its simple...

PS: are u in kindergardens?

have a minister either.

Okay so I don't understand. What is your query??! Why do they have a minister??

As I told you before 'In India there are two governments. 1 Central Government [which sits in Delhi] and 2 State Governments [which sits in the respected capital of respected state.]

Central Government looks after issues such as Foreign relations, Security, Education and State governments looks after religious matters [till the extent it doesn't affect national interest] and is allowed to make different laws in their states. For example, liquor is prohibited in Gujarat and Mizoram.'

Back
Top Bottom