What's new

8 Chinese submarines approval & used western subs talks

No one is paying for any of the stuff. We have enough funds to pay for all that, and btw its not going to be paid upfront tomorrow morning. Economy has improved, is on the right track and will improve further. Let the government work, things will improve further.

I am gonna guess Saudis are paying

All thanks to a sensible, patriotic government.

8 subs (Originally we're in negotiation for 6)

6 MPA's (Complete surprise)

4 Frigs ( old news just popped out of nowhere today)

Meanwhile Army just approved to buy MI-35s.
3 Z-10s also landed ( supposedly free )

Other major acquisitions this year 8 xCutter ships

90+ SH-1 SP guns.

Nurol Arnoured vehicles

The fk.

Indian navy builds most its ships in its own docks.

and sinks them in it's own harbour! :p:

any problem?

Saud finance like they are doing in egypt .pakistan is going to benefit and will provide security for saud house hold.

Subs from China that was already on the table, glad to see the deal has finally gone through.

I hope PN gets subs from European countries.

China revealed a scaled-down version of Type 039A [yuan] submarine designated as S20, specially intended for export. The main difference between S20 and Type 039A is that the AIP system on the original Type 039A is deleted, but can be available and easily integrated due to modular design of S20
No scaling down here, this is going to be a single silver bullet deterrent. Think Israel and their dolphins.

FmGeDSP.jpg

No missile integration = useless subs.

Why would we buy old agostas 70s when we can can build agosta 90Bs under licsense (they came with complete ToT - built at Karachi Shipyard).
Its better for PN to join in with KSA on their plan of JV with France on SMX Submarine which is about 6500-7000 Tons and may be PN and KSA can utilize Nuclear Reactor in it.

Also they can make two smaller versions of it like:
1100-1500 Tons for Coastal patrol and attack on 4 dimensions.
110-210 Tons for Special Force Roles

Its better for PN to join in with KSA on their plan of JV with France on SMX Submarine which is about 6500-7000 Tons and may be PN and KSA can utilize Nuclear Reactor in it.
would they allow torpedo tube modifications for us to use nuclear warheads? France has refused to sell subs to us let alone offer modifications
@Rashid Mahmood

Naval budget is 12 boats. They will not go beyond that number. The ATR news is to buy 3 aircraft in total and upgrade them as MPA aircraft. I have not heard anything about used subs.

yes, both are in desperate state ...Pak needs more fund to balance its defense vis a vis India but cant source that fund from its own economy..on the other hand, Saudi has fund but lacks offensive credible deterrence against its enemy like Iran who is close to acquiring Nukes....so, there is high probability that Pak will some day export its Nukes/Tech to KSA!
Well these are just theories like 9/11 was an inside job. Yes Saudi Arabia and Iran are not on good terms but that doesn't mean Pakistan will sell their nukes Even if for a moment we think that yes Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have a deal of such sort, well so does NATO (NATO nuclear weapons sharing). I respect your thinking but that's not what is gonna happen Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are on good terms since the beginning and there are many things which Saudi do for Pakistan like oil on subsidized rates. The purchases were supposed to made long time ago but were delayed due to economic conditions. Now when economy is getting better we are seeing the effects.

I would have instead invested some of the amount into nuclear submarine

4xconventional submarine
1xSSBN

Did you read a few months back about a Submarine deal in which each will cost 1-bil $ ??
Well which DE / AIP submarine in Chinese arsenal may cost around 1-bil of Amreki $ lars biradar :azn: ??
So far only German or Japanese DE / (FC Based) AIP Submarines may cost around 1 billion US$.
So I believe this Sh!t is about some SSBN :woot: but cant say any thing surely :-).

Naval budget is 12 boats. They will not go beyond that number. The ATR news is to buy 3 aircraft in total and upgrade them as MPA aircraft. I have not heard anything about used subs.

12 submarines or ships? And ATR......are they planning on buying 3 ATR on top of 2 already in service....or 3 in total?

Back
Top Bottom