What's new

50 Must-Try Street Foods of India

Jammu,katra???
I am not sure of its exact location but it was somewhere in jammu city.That sweet shop had many branches too.
Also the famous Galauti Kebab was invented by these chefs in Lucknow for old aged Nawabs who lost their teeth but not the appetite for good food.
As a vegetarian myself, i can't explain, but some of perfectly decent friends turned to Khooni Darindey on sight and smell of those kebabs and feasted like there was no next meal, so that must be really some delicacy.
:lol:
Interesting!!
I remember visiting this place called chappan bhog in Lucknow,and they made the best aloo tikkis.I dont even know if those restaurants still exist or not. :)
Daddy ji slaughter house me chale gaye the kya?
You've to believe me.That was actually served to my dad.And my father eats only chicken so he wasnt sure how to react when he saw beef served like that. :D

sms said:
AApa ji ..I'm full Vegi... ghas phoos pe ji rahe hai!!

recent visit to restaurant. You'll find nothing but good looking food.
View attachment 51979
Oh i am glad to 've met so many vegetarians on pdf. :-)

Last edited:
Reminds me of "punjabi da dhaba" in Jammu.
Oye @SarthakGanguly does that sweet shop still exist?? :)
Don't know. Not sure... :unsure: There are many Punjabi dhabas obviously :D
And you are on Indusladies forum :haha:

my favorite channa batura of Calcutta is from the shop opposite regal cinemas, & puchka is Pahalwan's next to globe cinema in new market ,bhel puri out side new market, kulfi from Hindustan sweets new market & dosa from madras tiffin in metro, kati roll from nizam & chaap from shiraz , many years ago I use to like this place called "sub zero" last time I went it was closed down & café coffee day sucks ! I also like bangali ki dukaan ki kachori bhaaji, nothing can beat that ,man miss those foods
:) When was the last time you went there? @DRAY @scorpionx

Its an over-rated and over-priced brand, nothing really stands out. As they say in Hindi Unchi Dukaan Phika Pakwaan
exactly & especially when you visit from Canada to Cal, thinking of all those delicious chaat & kachori bhaajis ,& your cousins end up taking you straight from dum dum to café coffee day ! poora bhook ka satyanas

Last edited:
exactly & especially when you visit from Canada to Cal, thinking of all those delicious chaat & kachori baajis ,& your cousins end up taking you straight from dum dum to café coffee day ! poora bhook ka satyanas

I can understand how it feels. You stay away from something for too long and even the simplest of pleasures mean a lot. food that reminds of home is on top of that list. Always had that feeling while coming to home from college during vacations.

Oh i am glad to 've met so many vegetarians on pdf. :-)

Its an over-rated and over-priced brand, nothing really stands out. As they say in Hindi Unchi Dukaan Phika Pakwaan

Don't know. Not sure... :unsure: There are many Punjabi dhabas obviously :D
And you are on Indusladies forum :haha:
:) When was the last time you went there? @DRAY @scorpionx

My favorites :
Paratha (paneer/ gobi, aaloo) - Chandigarh (cheap could get almost 24x7) and Murthal newar Sonipat
Falooda Kulfi - Udaipur, Near Hathi matatha
Raj Kachori - Haldiram Delhi
Various paraths - Purani Delhi
Kabab/ Kashta - Lucknow, UP
Pyaj Kachori - Jaipur
Golgappe / pani puri - Meerut UP -few places
Rajmah chawal - Sri Nagar J&K
Chocolate fudge - Nathu Ram Delhi
Theeka grill sandwich - Juhu chopat, mumbai
Vada Pav - Pune mumbai exp way - just after ghats
Pav Bhaji - Pune near bibewadi
Poha - Pune
Kadhi Pakora - Punjab dhaba near a vilage after Ludhiana
Bun Muska - Aurangabad
Chat (various) - Too many good places

Sweets : bring any thing which taste sweet I'll eat them all :D, I love Bangali all sweets, Patisha, Ghevar, Kaju mithai, milk cake, Doda, motichoor laddoo .... ym ym sab kha ja unga :devil:

(from the memory lane)
This is one of my favorite food memories from my under-graduate days (about 14-15 years back). I posted this in one of my earlier post too.

I used to travel between Kota (family was near Kota) and Agra fort stations during my under-graduate days on Neemuch Agra fort passenger train. During one such journey, two scottish tourists boarded the train at Sawai Madhopur. Mum used to give packed Aloo subzi and Parathas for travel. As usual i opened tiffin and offered the scotts a bite. The lady was little vary of spices but accepted it and i could see them asking for more as the 4 parathas were devoured in no time. Seeing this, a sindhi family also offered Famous Pyaaz Kachoris (they are terribly spicy even for Indian palate) but as they say Sher ke muh Khoon lag gaya. The whole night was spent joking and laughing much to discomfort of other passengers.
Next morning as we were getting down at Agra Fort Station, the scotts thanked for spicy food and said they got to see real India and real Indians for the first time and expressed their desire to return back to India.
I knew they would have surely been back for Kachoris.:)

thumb_600.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom