What's new

50 Must-Try Street Foods of India

A slow agonizing death is what you will get. :coffee:

My good friend Awtar took me to a North Indian resto couple of months back. He recommended the Lamb Curry with the garlic nan, it was served with basmati rice. That was the first time I ever had Indian style lamb curry and its definitely one of my favorite dishes. The good thing about that resto is that they have large servings... :lol:

You should be able to find some in any Indian/ Bangladeshi restaurant or sweet shops in the US, its one of the most common dessert.

I'm going to have to try this one next time.

You know what I like? The bag of chips they serve in Indian restaurants...they're really hot thin chips. The name of which alludes me now. But yea, best to have some yogurt or glass of milk around. Talk about hot!

Sharm karo... kisi ke jale le namak chirakna ..ye theek baat nahi hai.
We can get most of these at INdian restaurents but quality sucks. Finally decided to do ourselves.

I hate you!!!! :angry:
Pata hai na yahan par mujhe Indian taste me chaat waat nahi milte.:tsk:
Its like rubbing salt on my wound :(

Ate few times at Indian restaurants and finally gave up and learnt to make it at home. Few pics from meet at my home 2 wks back... enjoy...

2f50a0de596ce0666c21ec5cac16db4b.jpg

39a8514da4cf47bf8e30dc18a737c5ab.jpg

more coming soon!

Its from Odisha. Odia cooks made this dish.
I once saw a program Highway on my plate (NDTV) and they showcased sweets from Orissa. I was quite pleasantly surprised to see the variety as most times it is the state of Bengal credited with Sweets. Must visit Orissa once for gastronomic pilgrimage :toast_sign:

We can get most of these at INdian restaurents but quality sucks. Finally decided to do ourselves.

Ate few times at Indian restaurants and finally gave up and learnt to make it at home. Few pics from meet at my home 2 wks back... enjoy...

View attachment 51887
View attachment 51888

more coming soon!

Wow! Can you name the things you cooked, please ?

I want Karachi style Chicken Biryani, want some Butter Chicken, and Rajasthani style Lamb Curry served in garlic nan. And Basmati Rice. Also, some Chicken Karai...

For dessert, I want Galaubjamu with vanilla ice cream on top. Nom Nom Nom!

:wub:

Right, but the foods mentioned are street food. The food you mentioned are restaurant or hotel food. BTW what are the street foods in Japan??

vada pav" is a very popular Mumbai street food
it is slowly gaining popularity in Kerala cities, after NI stalls. I am a fan of Pao Bhajji.

Kabab(Hariyali Kebab for eg) is another great taste. street vendors hardly makes it although some small bakeries specializes in it.

it doesn't look so good on the streets though...depending on the place oil is good or bad but yeah...such is the variety if u have a two wheeler in any city in india. jai ho bawa ! hope someone puts the fo from the NE too.

How about a thread about all the booze made in india....i would drink old monk gold reserve anywhere in th world and not out of patriotism.

View attachment 51887
View attachment 51888

more coming soon!
Awesome!!! :tup::tup::tup:

I can make chaat :-) ..but dont 've any idea about falooda's recipe.
Frankly i dont think i'll be able to make anything as tasty as the falooda that we get in the restaurants.

You can try adding some spices to it :D
Yessshhh....pepper!!
:confused:

I had baked rasgullas,

View attachment 51818
baked rasgullas??? :blink::blink::blink:
You baked it???
bcc873f8bd727c0303a54a91d9563588.gif

Roybot said:
it was delicious!!!
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

:rofl::rofl:

This is called blowing one's own trumpet.:haha::haha:

@DRAY
i hate you so so so much.I havent tried so many sweets that you've posted.Gosh!!
Next time when i am in india I am gonna travel its length and breadth to try all sorts of sweets .Waise the rasgullas you had posted reminds me of my bengali fren who used to bring home made rasgullas for me.And those rasgullas tasted heavenly
fe914041dd19ef3a4b84b5e67aa10a76.gif

Back
Top Bottom