What's new

50 Must-Try Street Foods of India

84025b4cfa8cdacb783e30a2c0a12ab0.jpg

Well my favorite street food is Tunde ke kabab - pretty famous from my City!

Tunde ke kabab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in goa, panaji i have had idlis cut into pieces and with omelette cut into ppieces and the whole thing is doused in chicken "sherua" as in chicken gravy... twwwwo plllaces i had tthe chickeeen graaavy had coconut in it. it was goooooooodd.

street cart guy.

Awesome!!! :tup::tup::tup:

I can make chaat :-) ..but dont 've any idea about falooda's recipe.
Frankly i dont think i'll be able to make anything as tasty as the falooda that we get in the restaurants.

AA jao China me... we'll teach you !!

Lucknowiiii???

And what does tunde mean?
Tunda --> Handicap (one hand) --> call it langra kabab :cheesy:

baked rasgullas??? :blink::blink::blink:
If you are in Mumbai, do try to find a Sweet Bengal shop. (i know one in Chembur). They have an array of baked sweets. Now the trick here is that the sweets are cooked in traditional manner and then they put some cream and bake it to bring some texture. Nearest i can think of is creme brulee sort of effect.

AA jao China me... we'll teach you !!
CHINA???:blink::blink::blink:
Google devta will save a lot of time and money,i am sure I'll get falooda's recipe on some website.:agree:
But hey tell me something about China, my fren was in Shanghai for a few years and she had sent some pics of street food in china.
2.jpg

That must be non veg.Right??

And this one was served to my semi vegetarian dad (when in China)...and he was scandalized.Lol.

1.jpg

But I am sure you're a non-vegetarian and must be managing well in china.

If you are in Mumbai, do try to find a Sweet Bengal shop. (i know one in Chembur). They have an array of baked sweets. Now the trick here is that the sweets are cooked in traditional manner and then they put some cream and bake it to bring some texture. Nearest i can think of is creme brulee sort of effect.
I only know of microwaved pedas and baked rasgulla is new to me. :)

In West Bengal they call it Puchkas. utterly delicious with fillings, beaten curd or plain jaljeera.

Chole bhature
my favorite channa batura of Calcutta is from the shop opposite regal cinemas, & puchka is Pahalwan's next to globe cinema in new market ,bhel puri out side new market, kulfi from Hindustan sweets new market & dosa from madras tiffin in metro, kati roll from nizam & chaap from shiraz , many years ago I use to like this place called "sub zero" last time I went it was closed down & café coffee day sucks ! I also like bangali ki dukaan ki kachori bhaaji, nothing can beat that ,man miss those foods

Lucknowiiii???

And what does tunde mean?

The 100-year-old Tunde ke Kabab in Chowk in Lucknow is the most famous outlet for Kababs even today.

Tunde kabab is so named because it was the speciality of a one-armed chef. The tunde kabab claims to be unique because of the zealously guarded family secret recipe for the masala (homemade spices), prepared by women in the family. It is said to incorporate 160 spices.

Reminds me of "punjabi da dhaba" in Jammu.
Oye @SarthakGanguly does that sweet shop still exist?? :)
Also the famous Galauti Kebab was invented by these chefs in Lucknow for old aged Nawabs who lost their teeth but not the appetite for good food.
As a vegetarian myself, i can't explain, but some of perfectly decent friends turned to Khooni Darindey on sight and smell of those kebabs and feasted like there was no next meal, so that must be really some delicacy.

CHINA???:blink::blink::blink:
Google devta will save a lot of time and money,i am sure I'll get falooda's recipe on some website.:agree:
But hey tell me something about China, my fren was in Shanghai for a few years and she had sent some pics of street food in china.
View attachment 51929

That must be non veg.Right??

And this one was served to my semi vegetarian dad (when in China)...and he was scandalized.Lol.

View attachment 51956

But I am sure you're a non-vegetarian and must be managing well in china.

Daddy ji slaughter house me chale gaye the kya?

AApa ji ..I'm full Vegi... ghas phoos pe ji rahe hai!!

recent visit to restaurant. You'll find nothing but good looking food.
267e7b70b0a6ad34a589c82c2dfe1140.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom