What's new

50 Must-Try Street Foods of India

I used to have Dabeli every other day when I was in Pune. We don't get it in Delhi. :(

Feeling Hungry after looking at the Food. I'll be back soon and post some pictures too. :sick:
well if good jalebi is what you like i guess the best one u can easily get in delhi is from bikanerwala at Arya samaj road karol bagh
for the best puri chole and halwa its standard in karol bagh AK road

for best golgappe either bengali sweets in bengali market or the one near roopak store in karol bacg and a slam shop in chandni chowk opposite hante wala halwai ( for bhalle natraj .. halle wala) also halidrams at mohan estate mathura road

and for best dosa thebest place is any swarna bhawan owtlet :)

Last edited:
@levina I don't know the preperation of faluda, but Rabri faluda is a mixture of rabri, faluda & crushed ice in equal quantity. :)

I will post more photos in the evening.

@levina I don't know the preperation of faluda, but Rabri faluda is a mixture of rabri, faluda & crushed ice in equal quantity. :)

I wasnt expecting its recipe from you :D
But still thanks, the day i crave for it , i will get into my laboratory and 'll try it at home.:-)

Last edited:
Yeah me and the wife and kids are on our way there next month . be there 5 days , would love it if someone would recommend some places to me .

Remind me during chaturthi or panchami, I will send you a guide, local newspapers publish names of best pujas with ratings, some 150-200 names!! There are hundreds or maybe a thousand pujas in Kolkata and many of them are very good even if they are not on the list. Keep an eye on newspapers and local TV channels.

Though pandals look better at night, but there will be parking problems, long walks, and long queues, some pujas might take a couple of hours also. You can also start in the morning, you will miss the lights, but crowd will be less. Maybe you can visit those pujas at night where the decoration is based on lights. The whole city comes to a grinding halt during that period.

Since puja is early this year, the weather will be hot, hire an AC car. :)

I wasnt expecting its recipe from you :D
But still thanks, the day i crave for it , i will get into my laboratory and 'll try it at home.:-)

..........means more work for that poor fellow!! :(

:D

breakfast of champions :agree:
sham tak kon rukega :p:

2106ed6ee30a4bf20e34cb0a2d87ec1b.jpg

^^^rice beer(kalsi/apong)

8e2f7d1d4ed3bcba8b8f5d6945325f43.jpg

^^^mizo pork n potato salad(with dry fish relish)

i used to love having faluda when i was a kid. haven't seen much of it around now a days. :(

i used to love having faluda when i was a kid. haven't seen much of it around now a days. :(
hello boss :)

waise in hydrabad there is a place near a cinema in secundrabad which sells exelent ice creams and faludas

waise bhai delhi aao to sahi dunia ke sabse baria falude aur street food khilwaoonga :)

hello boss :)

waise in hydrabad there is a place near a cinema in secundrabad which sells exelent ice creams and faludas

waise bhai delhi aao to sahi dunia ke sabse baria falude aur street food khilwaoonga :)
Darling i arrive in delhi on the 27 , :) from there will be going to Kal , lets meet . will call you a day before.

I used to have Dabeli every other day when I was in Pune.
Yes its quite addictive, even my son won't stop at one. & i enjoy the way pomegranate seeds are used in filling. utterly decadent stuff. Originally it is from Gujarat (kutch region) and true representation of palate of people from Gujarat who love tangy, sweet, savory, crunchy... all in one bite.
url.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom