What's new

5 British satellites launched successfully by India.

Congratulations India!!!!

@levina apa - If you had studied Aeronautical Engineering instead of taking Sewing and Cookery classes at University....aaaaj hummm bhiii koi kehteiii that Levina Da Vinci sent satellites to space ! :(

Aeronautical engg???
Are you crazzzy??? :wacko:
I hate flying and anything related to flights....be it aeroplane,helicopter or a rocket. I'm acrophobic. :(
(There are times I wished I had taken home science instead of engg :hitwall: )

no thin fashion-victim females allowed on mars... only the chubby and classy ladies for the red world...

huma qureshi...

kunalk59.JPG

dipika pallikal...

dipika-pallikal-0a.jpg

and so on...

Aww.. Too bad. They should be able to cope with 62% less gravity on Mars. :tup::tup:

My favourite plumpie is Hansika Motwani.:enjoy:

Too much interest of @Audio in launch of Indian satellite. Whats your problem, I do not know. People celebrate based on what they feel success means to them. The key word is "them". If someone is over doing it point politely and move on. Posting on after another on same topic is too much OK.

They were never the masters. We were always the masters for 1000s of years. Just because the west ruled for last 300 years doesn't mean much.

The world is slowly returning to it's natural balance of power. India shall dominate the world once again. That's my only wish in my lifetime.
You were and are the slave..

It has been a long journey to excellence. :)

bullock--621x414.jpg

I'm proud of ISRO.

Thats the HOLY COW I'm talking about. :omghaha::omghaha:

Western monopoly is too busy.

http://www.arianespace.com/about-us/service-solutions.aspom/about-us/service-solutions.asp

In any case, congratz to India. I'd just wish some of your cheerleading would be based more on reality. Speaking in general, not just related to this. :tongue:

You launched 5 mini satellites. Wtf you think this is? Landing a Kumar on the moon?

A list of websites carrying this news, for your enjoyment.

space.com india launch 5 satellites - Iskanje Google

Mr. Advanced-developed nation, when was the last time Switzerland launch 5 mini satellites in space?

Oh wait, U CANT :lol:

Here is history lesson for u!!!!!!
Switzerland built their first satellite in 2009 n guess who launched it for u?

India launches Switzerland's first satellite - SWI swissinfo.ch

Y dont u play with some gears and make me a watch.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Little girl.....your fellow Indian just concocted some BS info in order to lift his petty ego.
I simply responded that, in the world of space news, launching 5 satellites isn't anything spectacular, for the lack of a better word.
Then i made a little joke, from which you can infer that if and when India lands someoine on the moon, you can be sure it will be in all the papers.

Wtf is wrong with you people.....

The point of western nations being to jealous to run this news? Are you kidding me?

I will tell you, why some guys are having a grudge against the "West".
New York Times published this cartoon when India became successful in the Mars Orbiter Mission,

India%2Bon%2BMars,%2Bcartoon,%2BNYT.jpg

Now, a few days later New York Times had to issue a public apology, but some people still hold the grudge against US.
Some Indian newspaper responded with this cartoon, when the unmanned US rocket Antares exploded after takeoff.

Hindustan-Times-joke-on-Antares.jpg

Usually people think of US or UK, here in India when they say "West". Now it is wrong to blame the entire the West for the handiworks of a few people. Let's say they are naive. Allow me to apologize on their behalf. You will do better if you watch your words too. A Kumar may not have landed on moon, but neither did a Swiss or a Slovenian.
Thank you.

I will tell you, why some guys are having a grudge against the "West".
New York Times published this cartoon when India became successful in the Mars Orbiter Mission,

India%2Bon%2BMars,%2Bcartoon,%2BNYT.jpg

Now, a few days later New York Times had to issue a public apology, but some people still hold the grudge against US.
Some Indian newspaper responded with this cartoon, when the unmanned US rocket Antares exploded after takeoff.

Hindustan-Times-joke-on-Antares.jpg

Usually people think of US or UK, here in India when they say "West". Now it is wrong to blame the entire the West for the handiworks of a few people. Let's say they are naive. Allow me to apologize on their behalf. You will do better if you watch your words too. A Kumar may not have landed on moon, but neither did a Swiss or a Slovenian.
Thank you.
That was what's context I was talking about & you projected my every point.The @Audio guy went crazy & took it personally.:DWhen we talk about west we mean by US or UK not Switzerland or Slovakia..

Are Brits already ranting about past/present aid to India ?

There goes the aid money!
I wanted to buy a new phone with it!:-)
PS- Its nice to see Indians and Pakistanis talking constructively.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Five UK satellites go into orbit on Indian rocket
By Jonathan AmosBBC Science Correspondent
  • 8 hours ago
  • From the sectionIndia
_84214727_dmc3satellitesmedres.jpg

The DMC-3 satellites see features on the ground down to a metre across
An Indian rocket has put five UK satellites in orbit.

It is thought to be the largest number of wholly British-built spacecraft to go up on a single launch.

The quintet includes three satellites to image the Earth and support disaster monitoring and relief, and two to test technologies that could be used on future spacecraft.

The Indian space agency's PSLV rocket lifted off from Sriharikota at 21:58 local time (17:28 BST).

It was the vehicle's heaviest load to date - a total of 1,440kg.

The trio of imaging spacecraft - known as DMC-3 - were built by Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd (SSTL) in Guildford and will be in the sole operational control of its subsidiary, DMCii.

Each platform weighs 447kg and sees the Earth in a range of visible and infrared wavelengths.

The resolution achieved by the optics surpasses that on any of Surrey Satellite's previous spacecraft, tracking features down to just a metre across.

_84214731_sstlsocmay2015medres.jpg

The imaging satellites will be controlled from the UK
The capacity on the DMC-3 satellites has been leased to a company from China - 21st Century Aerospace Technology Ltd (21AT) - to help them survey the fast-growing Asian nation.

This is a different business model to the one SSTL and DMCii have traditionally used.

In the past, imaging data has been sold by the square kilometre. Merely leasing spacecraft time is something that is done in the telecoms sector.

"Most folk don't buy a whole telecommunications satellite; they buy transponder time by the hour," explained SSTL chairman Sir Martin Sweeting.

"That's what the BBC does, for example, for some of their live broadcasts: they just use the telecoms satellite for a couple of hours and then walk away.

"And we thought: why don't we apply that to Earth observation.

"We will launch the satellites and run the service, and then customers can come in, lease the imaging capacity and do all the value-added they want on top of that."

It turns out, however, that 21AT has such a high demand for pictures over China and internationally that it is taking all of the capacity on the three spacecraft. A commitment that is good for the next seven years.

Based in Beijing, the commercial geo-information company uses satellite images for urban planning, working out crop yields, pollution monitoring and doing biodiversity assessments, among many other applications.

"We've worked with them for 16 years, even building and launching a satellite for them in 2005 called Beijing-1," said Sir Martin.

That satellite did infrastructure planning ahead of the 2008 Olympics, but also delivered vital disaster-relief maps in the aftermath of the devastating Wenchuan earthquake in the same year.

"You can do all sorts of things with these satellites," Sir Martin added.

"21AT has just been looking at where people have been dumping rubbish in China's cities to make sure it is cleaned up."

_84214735_untitled.jpg

The Beijing-1 satellite images Istanbul and the Bosphorus strait
The British government was instrumental in facilitating the £110m deal that led to the construction of the satellites. That contract was signed during the Chinese premier's visit to the UK in 2011.

The two other spacecraft on Friday's rocket were much smaller.

An 80kg platform known as CBNT-1 was also built by SSTL and will test technologies, such as avionics, that might be used on future satellites.

There was also a 3kg cubesat on the rocket that was developed at the Surrey Space Centre, which is part of the University of Surrey.

This cubesat will deploy a large membrane to demonstrate how redundant spacecraft can be dragged out of orbit much faster than would ordinarily be the case and thus reduce the risk of generating space debris.

Jonathan.Amos-INTERNET@bbc.co.uk and follow me on Twitter:@BBCAmos
Five UK satellites go into orbit on Indian rocket - BBC News

Happy now guys ? What is this west hating traits ?

You will do better if you watch your words too. A Kumar may not have landed on moon, but neither did a Swiss or a Slovenian.
Thank you.

No way am i going to selfcensor myself because i pointed out obvious missrepresentations, no wait, that's too benign, obvious BS that kept on piling post after post.

Preach self restraint to fellow Indians. Would be a better market. Tell them about facts too. Useful in life.

No way am i going to selfcensor myself because i pointed out obvious missrepresentations, no wait, that's too benign, obvious BS that kept on piling post after post.

Preach self restraint to fellow Indians. Would be a better market. Tell them about facts too. Useful in life.
This place is too hostlie LOL
Let them live in their fantasy.

Very good news...:yahoo:

Indeed it is good news.

No need to go overboard with cheering, India has this capability of launching 1/1.5 ton satellite for long time. Only in this case it was a commercial launch. Need to consider India in the top league when we master cryogenic technology to launch 3-5 ton payload.

GSLV Mk III will get Cryo engine in 2017 and we will be able to launch mauch heavier sats.

@Audio @flamer84 @salarsikander and all south asians...

( ARCA Space Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is a private organization origined and partly based in romania which had entered the "google lunar x prize" and withdrawn, and of recent has been developing a sub-orbital space plane, a orbital rocket and its own rocket engine... below is their engine called "executor"...

402px-Executor_rocket_engine.jpg

the engine's fuel is kerosene/liquid-oxygen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom