What's new

5 British satellites launched successfully by India.

oFFbEAT

Reaction score
Country
India
The Indian Space and Research Organisation (ISRO) succesfully launched five British 'Earth observation' satellites today at about 10.00 p.m IST, from Sriharikota(India)....

UK-DMC3A
UK-DMC3B
UK-DMC3C
UK-CBNT-1
UK-De-OrbitSail

The five satellites were launched as part of the arrangement entered into between DMC International Imaging (DMCii), a wholly owned subsidiary of SSTL, UK and Antrix Corporation Limited.
The DMC3 constellation, comprising three advanced mini-satellites DMC3A, DMC3B and DMC3C, is designed to address the need for simultaneous high spatial resolution and high temporal resolution optical Earth Observation.
In addition to the three DMC3 satellites, two auxiliary satellites, CBNT-1, a technology demonstrator earth observation micro satellite built by SSTL, and De-OrbitSail, a technology demonstrator nano satellite built by Surrey Space Centre are also placed in orbit successfully.

The satellites are primarily to be used for imaging and monitoring resources and environment, besides disaster management efforts.These satellites can image any target on the Earth's surface every day. Major application areas include surveying the resources on earth and its environment, managing urban infrastructure and monitoring disasters.

The satellites, together weighing 1439kg, made it the the heaviest commercial mission accomplished by ISRO so far.
The rocket used was India's trusted workhorse PSLV(PSLV-XL-C28) which has so far successfully launched about 78 satellites, including 47 foreign ones, into space.
pslv_647_071015110227.jpg

PSLV C-28 blasts off with five British satellites in ISRO's heaviest commercial mission - The Hindu

Last edited:
No need to go overboard with cheering, India has this capability of launching 1/1.5 ton satellite for long time. Only in this case it was a commercial launch. Need to consider India in the top league when we master cryogenic technology to launch 3-5 ton payload.

No need to go overboard with cheering, India has this capability of launching 1/1.5 ton satellite for long time. Only in this case it was a commercial launch. Need to consider India in the top league when we master cryogenic technology to launch 3-5 ton payload.
You need to celebrate successes brother.
I detect very low alcohol levels in your blood stream. Time to load up :cheers::cheers::cheers:

This should serve as a slap on those people who drew the cartoon of an Indian man with cow trying to enter space agency.

India can easily launch such satellite with much ease and low cost effectively.

Kudos to Indian enginner s for breaking western monopoly

This should serve as a slap on those people who drew the cartoon of an Indian man with cow trying to enter space agency.

It has been a long journey to excellence. :)

bullock--621x414.jpg

I'm proud of ISRO.

humiliation is that,not a single western website has published this news yet.

It has been a long journey to excellence. :)

bullock--621x414.jpg

I'm proud of ISRO.
Hi,

And the very same cow is being used to transport the satellite.

Great journeys require humble beginnings

humiliation is that,not a single western website has published this news yet.
Hi,

No sir. Not at all. Make this silence your success. You do not require Westen certification to prove that you're successful.

The fact that they come to you for launches is proof enough of that.

I am sure they must feel very humiliated themselves

Hi,

And the very same cow is being used to transport the satellite.

Great journeys require humble beginnings

Hi,

No sir. Not at all. Make this silence your success. You do not require Westen certification to prove that you're successful.

The fact that they come to you for launches is proof enough of that.

I am sure they must feel very humiliated themselves
I love it when Indian and Pakistanis both talk like Mature people and not fight :) (This is seen only sometimes on PDF :_; )

Hi,
I love it when Indian and Pakistanis both talk like Mature people and not fight :) (This is seen only sometimes on PDF :_; )
One should always give deserving credit where it is due. You can see our generals of both India and PAkistan reciprocating the professional manner and admiring their adversaries capability

Back
Top Bottom