What's new

5 British satellites launched successfully by India.

@Audio @flamer84 @salarsikander and all south asians...

( ARCA Space Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is a private organization origined and partly based in romania which had entered the "google lunar x prize" and withdrawn, and of recent has been developing a sub-orbital space plane, a orbital rocket and its own rocket engine... below is their engine called "executor"...

402px-Executor_rocket_engine.jpg

the engine's fuel is kerosene/liquid-oxygen, while isro continues with its so-called "cryogenic engine" ( liquid-oxygen/liquid-hydrogen ).
Looks like a female body :what:

@Audio @flamer84 @salarsikander and all south asians...

( ARCA Space Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is a private organization origined and partly based in romania which had entered the "google lunar x prize" and withdrawn, and of recent has been developing a sub-orbital space plane, a orbital rocket and its own rocket engine... below is their engine called "executor"...

402px-Executor_rocket_engine.jpg

the engine's fuel is kerosene/liquid-oxygen, while isro continues with its so-called "cryogenic engine" ( liquid-oxygen/liquid-hydrogen ).

Thanks but just don't. Or at least don't on my account. I have enough of knowledge and selfesteem i don't need to feel offended by petty insults from overpassionate people who know very little and get strength from the equally ignorant herd shouting in the background.

Looks like a female body :what:

but rocket engines are quite male. :D

why not a whirling sufi ( whirling dervish )...

whirling_dervish_1.jpg

Thanks but just don't. Or at least don't on my account. I have enough of knowledge and selfesteem i don't need to feel offended by petty insults from overpassionate people who know very little and get strength from the equally ignorant herd shouting in the background.

got your point.

-----------------

a promising research ( http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150708111544.htm ).

If one was to ask me, i'd say the biggest breakthrough cost wise will be air breathing rocket engines. This would free up payload, reduce weight etc etc....all the good stuff one wants for space mission.

SABRE (rocket engine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reaction Engines Ltd - News Updates

i have been hearing about the "reaction engines" project for long and it indeed seems good.

Precooler

As the air enters the engine at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, it becomes very hot due to compression effects. The high temperatures are traditionally dealt with in jet engines by using heavy copper or nickel based materials, by reducing the engine's pressure ratio, and by throttling back the engine at the higher airspeeds to avoid melting. However, for an SSTO craft, such heavy materials are unusable, and maximum thrust is necessary for orbital insertion at the earliest time to minimise gravity losses. Instead, using a gaseous helium coolant loop, SABRE dramatically cools the air from 1000 °C down to −150 °C[18] in a heat exchanger while avoiding liquefaction of the air or blockage from freezing water vapour.

Previous versions of precoolers such as HOTOL put the hydrogen fuel directly through the precooler. SABRE inserts a helium cooling loop between the air and the cold fuel to avoid problems with hydrogen embrittlement in the precooler.

The dramatic cooling of the air created a potential problem: it is necessary to prevent blocking the precooler from frozen water vapour and other air fractions. As of October 2012, the cooling solution was demonstrated for 6 minutes using freezing air.[19] The cooler consists of a fine pipework heat exchanger and cools the hot in-rushing atmospheric air down to the required −150 °C in 0.01s

1. but wouldn't there would be three fuels used, (a). kerosense to get to supersonic, (b). liquid helium to cool the incoming air, (c). atmospheric air... but maybe this will actually simplify the design.

2. i also don't know how the engine would cope with reduced air at say 50 kms height.

This should serve as a slap on those people who drew the cartoon of an Indian man with cow trying to enter space agency.

India can easily launch such satellite with much ease and low cost effectively.

Kudos to Indian enginner s for breaking western monopoly

Gosh!!!
You deserve atleast 10positive ratings for building the bridge between Indians and Pakistanis here.

... and before I forget .....Thank you! :-)

Respect!!! :tup::tup::tup:

@WebMaster
Do we give trophies so to such sane members on this forum???

The 320 tonne (320,000 kilograms) rocket is as tall as a 15-storey building and will hoist, apart from a constellation of three disaster-monitoring satellites, two smaller experimental satellites into space.

The total weight of the British satellites is 1440 kg, making this the heaviest commercial launch ever to be undertaken by India.

Till date, India has launched 40 satellites from 19 countries on a commercial basis

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @Akheilos @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @balixd @chauvunist @Crypto Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @Leader @Luftwaffe mr42O @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @IceCold @LoveIcon @razahassan1997 @Dil Pakistan @asq @junaid hamza @Pukhtoon @Strigon @slapshot @SBD3 @Aether @WishLivePak @FaujHistorian @Jf Thunder @GreenFalcon @genmirajborgza786 @orangzaib @KURUMAYA @Irfan Baloch @Syed.Ali.Haider @dexter @Meengla @zaid butt @Shoaib Rathore @CHARGER @yesboss @ghazaliy2k @StormShadow @@suresh1773@SOHEIL @faisal6309 @SpArK @S.U.R.B. @vsdave2302 @Winchester @Donatello @TankMan @save_ghenda @Areesh @SecularNationalist @Muhammad Omar @Icewolf @IceCold @Sunan @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cirr @macnurv @FunkyGen @Neptune @samv @Azizam @Viper0011. @atatwolf @C130 @A.M. @punit @Steve781 @mike2000 @XiangLong @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @21stCentury @Edison Chen @55100864 @Gibbs @huzihaidao12 @xunzi @Kyle Sun @empirefighter @rott @xunzi

Last edited:
i have been hearing about the "reaction engines" project for long and it indeed seems good.

1. but wouldn't there would be three fuels used, (a). kerosense to get to supersonic, (b). liquid helium to cool the incoming air, (c). atmospheric air... but maybe this will actually simplify the design.

2. i also don't know how the engine would cope with reduced air at say 50 kms height.

Look around that site. There's answers there.

Gosh!!!
You deserve atleast 10positive ratings for building the bridge between Indians and Pakistanis here.

... and before I forget .....Thank you! :-)

Respect!!! :tup::tup::tup:

@WebMaster
Do we give trophies so to such sane members on this forum???
Hi,

Thanks for your kind words, I am really humbled.

I merely admired the hard working efforts of your scientist. They are the ones who deserve trophies and medals for their relentless effort.

EDITED

Last edited:
Great ISRO.

Though we dont generalize them but some tabloid in UK wrote something about aid whrn we did our mars mission.
Now where is that guys.

Back
Top Bottom