What's new

3 Chinese navy ships visit Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get confused again, one of your viet guy seems give $hits about the claim from historical aspects, put aside the reliability of your words, you really should have a debate with that viet guy first about this basic viewpoint.
Btw, it was Formosa but not Farmosa...

There are various names for the island of Taiwan in use today, derived from explorers or rulers by each particular period. The former name "Formosa" (福爾摩沙) dates from 1544, when Portuguese sailors sighted the main island of Taiwan and named it Ilha Formosa, which means "Beautiful Island".[28] In the early 17th century, the Dutch East India Company established a commercial post at Fort Zeelandia (modern Anping, Tainan) on a coastal islet called "Tayouan" in the local Siraya language; the name was later extended to the whole island as "Taiwan".[29] Historically, "Taiwan" has also been written as 大灣, 臺員, 大員, 臺圓, 大圓 and 臺窩灣. Historically, the Japanese called Taiwan 高砂国 (State of Takasago) or 高砂 (Takasago).

The island of Taiwan was mainly inhabited by Taiwanese aborigines until the Dutch period when Chinese began immigrating to the island. The Qing Dynasty of China later conquered Taiwan in 1683

Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think, Taiwanese can regain his independence from China.

Where did you find my "recommendations on your foreign policies"? I never did that and I never will. Just simply comment on what's happening between you and us.
It's really interesting that you guys always like to read far beyond but never between the lines of my words.

you blame us when we speak with other nations on national defence, especially when we work with Japan and America. I wonder why China needs to cooperate militarily with a tinny island country like Maldives?

Wrong. I am from the Philippine but moved to Australia. You Viets are like cockroaches. Since you guys are pest, China might wipe you guys off the map.

I wonder where you as dirty rat come from?

ever wonder how incompetent vietcongs rulled the zoo so easily```now we get it, because it fills with half-grown creatures like you lot

I wonder about you too, whether you are from the former Red Guard, famously for the destruction of China´s cultures?

Well, if it is true then I can't find any reason that it's not welcomed by Chinese authorities. What's on the floor now is the problem in East China Sea with japs after all, and surely we are not willing to see anyone shaking hands and dealing with japs at this very moment.
Think about it.

If you haven´t noticed, the current policy of Vietnam toward China bases on 2 No´s:
# No to hosting any foreign military bases
# No to any alliances against China
besides, to seek a peaceful solution for the SCS.

It´s up to China whether Vietnam decides to revise this policy. Don´t push Vietnam into a corner!

Think about it!

ever wonder how incompetent vietcongs rulled the zoo so easily```now we get it, because it fills with half-grown creatures like you lot

Ha ha, You are called as Dong Yi by rechoice base on Hans Chinese idea, it's true.

Well, if it is true then I can't find any reason that it's not welcomed by Chinese authorities. What's on the floor now is the problem in East China Sea with japs after all, and surely we are not willing to see anyone shaking hands and dealing with japs at this very moment.
Think about it.

China holds the key in the SCS dispute, I feel that Vietnamese government is willing to make concession, so we expect concession from China, too. Besides, we don´t support Japan in the dispute with China.

Apparently that you didn't read that whole story between me and your adorable viet bros. What I said was exactly from their posts and my purpose was to let them understood why China once shook hands with US with several induced questions, their answers were interesting. I repeated for several times, I don't blame anyone to do anything for their own goods. It's the law of nature, weak is the meat and strong do eat. We learn that well from blood and misery during the past 150 years.
You are not our people after all, why asking you to do anything according to our pace? If you said you would like to sacrifice yourselves for our best that would shock me to death...so it is your viet bros you should worry more about, not me. You're barking up the wrong tree man.
you blame us when we speak with other nations on national defence, especially when we work with Japan and America. I wonder why China needs to cooperate militarily with a tinny island country like Maldives?

Well, glad to hear that.
China holds the key in the SCS dispute, I feel that Vietnamese government is willing to make concession, so we expect concession from China, too. Besides, we don´t support Japan in the dispute with China.

Apparently that you didn't read that whole story between me and your adorable viet bros. What I said was exactly from their posts and my purpose was to let them understood why China once shook hands with US with several induced questions, their answers were interesting. I repeated for several times, I don't blame anyone to do anything for their own goods. It's the law of nature, weak is the meat and strong do eat. We learn that well from blood and misery during the past 150 years.
You are not our people after all, why asking you to do anything according to our pace? If you said you would like to sacrifice yourselves for our best that would shock me to death...so it is your viet bros you should worry more about, not me. You're barking up the wrong tree man.

my Viet brohers felt provoked by some stupid comments, hence their harsh answers.

Actually China should thank Vietnam, because we
# fenced off possible French and later the US invasions into China homeland
# taught the PLA about modern warfare in the 1970-80´s Sino-VN border war. Without the encounter, the PLA would be still a disorganised, poorly equipped and poorly trained bunch of soldiers.
# ended the isolation of China in the 1970´s through the US turn away from South Vietnam in favor of China.

I don't think so, govt VN can say like that: "The matter shall be made or solved by both concerned side".

Just an nuance of the speech. It says more or less the same.

There are various names for the island of Taiwan in use today, derived from explorers or rulers by each particular period. The former name "Formosa" (福爾摩沙) dates from 1544, when Portuguese sailors sighted the main island of Taiwan and named it Ilha Formosa, which means "Beautiful Island".[28] In the early 17th century, the Dutch East India Company established a commercial post at Fort Zeelandia (modern Anping, Tainan) on a coastal islet called "Tayouan" in the local Siraya language; the name was later extended to the whole island as "Taiwan".[29] Historically, "Taiwan" has also been written as 大灣, 臺員, 大員, 臺圓, 大圓 and 臺窩灣. Historically, the Japanese called Taiwan 高砂国 (State of Takasago) or 高砂 (Takasago).

The island of Taiwan was mainly inhabited by Taiwanese aborigines until the Dutch period when Chinese began immigrating to the island. The Qing Dynasty of China later conquered Taiwan in 1683

Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think, Taiwanese can regain his independence from China.

Who told you that the Qing Dynasty is the only China during that period.

really`!? my passport says i am Han Chinese, i guess i need to learn chinese history from half-grown creatures like you?

Leave EastSea alone. He is just filled with hot air. Let him cool down first.

You are Dong Yi, Hans people were ling in territory of Shang Dynasty in the past. You are fake Han.

Han people are not distinguished by lineage, but by culture. There is no such thing of "fake" or "real" Han.
How could you even tell Chinese people who they really are, hmm?

my Viet brohers felt provoked by some stupid comments, hence their harsh answers.
Actually China should thank Vietnam, because we
# fenced off possible French and later the US invasions into China homeland
# taught the PLA about modern warfare in the 1970-80´s Sino-VN border war. Without the encounter, the PLA would be still a disorganised, poorly equipped and poorly trained bunch of soldiers.
# ended the isolation of China in the 1970´s through the US turn away from South Vietnam in favor of China.

Just an nuance of the speech. It says more or less the same.

Both side should calm down, put aside all nationalistic movement for a while, if any of you see this (The titel) is not something good toward Sino-Vietnam Relationship, then you should reconsider posting here.

I don't know why people keep bringing Vietnam War with the American to compare the situation as of now. The 2 cannot be more differ. The vietnam war is a joke. We will not gain anything from it, nor do we have any objective to achieve. The only thing we ever do in Vietnam is kill people. 500,000 Troop rotate to Vietnam, fly 12000 mile, kill as many as they could for 1 year, then return. This is not a war, that's a joke.

However, since China and Vietnam are neighbor, the situation will be different. If war broke out between the two, it will not end until one side is totally eliminated. Well, think about this, if the war like that again ended in status quo, who will trust the otherside afterward?? And i would have to say, if a total war between Vietnam and China, i would think China will have a very good advantages.

Vietnam should amend or maintain a steady relationship with China, that being said, Does not mean they should back off and follow order from China, no country should be doing that. The problem is, it is a fine line to maintain a relation with one country while stand steadfast against them with your own national agenda. This is one fine line current vietnam government have to walk. This will not be easy but it have to be this way if you want a stable region (Not just China and Vietnam)

Militarily, a war with any scale between China and Vietnam will be diaster for the whole region (not only China and Vietnam) people in Vietnam will suffer, so does the people in China. No point pretenting any side will be better off in case of war. I can surely tell you now, no side will be better off. People opt for war to resolve these problem are plainly stupid.

So how can SCS resolve? Sadly speaking, no way. Since a working solution require a party to take a step back, and i cannot see any party involve in this dispute backing down. The only way and the best way is to maintain a status quo. For vietnam, it is very important to increase their own international influence. The only way that have any remote hope to solve the issue is by international pressure. That, people, are the only solution.

to Fsjal

I want to ask you a question.

If i want to look up an address and direction in Australia, which website should i use??

I have to agree with jhungry on this one. Speaking as just a casual observer, if what many analysts are saying is true and China will, at the very least, be the dominant power in Asia, its neighbors have to realize this new paradigm and adjust their foreign policies accordingly. It wasn't that long ago that many of China's neighbors saw that country as being inert. I'm sorry to say but we don't live in that same kind of world anymore. That doesn't mean losing sovereignty to anyone but realizing that the solutions to tomorrow's problems can't be solved with the same methods that got you into the mess in the first place. China too must adjust and realize that the court of international public opinion is something to be respected for the betterment of her future. Also, if China does reach that potential, she should extend an olive branch out to her neighbors, regardless of past misgivings and develop a better future for all people in Asia. That is the responsible thing to do with that kind of power.

Having said all that, I'm far from optimistic that any of it will happen. I believe we might actually see war break out and god help us all if that happens. The warmongers out there will get what they want but they should be careful what they wish for. History has continually been against the rational and favors the belligerent.

Both side should calm down, put aside all nationalistic movement for a while, if any of you see this (The titel) is not something good toward Sino-Vietnam Relationship, then you should reconsider posting here.

I don't know why people keep bringing Vietnam War with the American to compare the situation as of now. The 2 cannot be more differ. The vietnam war is a joke. We will not gain anything from it, nor do we have any objective to achieve. The only thing we ever do in Vietnam is kill people. 500,000 Troop rotate to Vietnam, fly 12000 mile, kill as many as they could for 1 year, then return. This is not a war, that's a joke.

However, since China and Vietnam are neighbor, the situation will be different. If war broke out between the two, it will not end until one side is totally eliminated. Well, think about this, if the war like that again ended in status quo, who will trust the otherside afterward?? And i would have to say, if a total war between Vietnam and China, i would think China will have a very good advantages.

Vietnam should amend or maintain a steady relationship with China, that being said, Does not mean they should back off and follow order from China, no country should be doing that. The problem is, it is a fine line to maintain a relation with one country while stand steadfast against them with your own national agenda. This is one fine line current vietnam government have to walk. This will not be easy but it have to be this way if you want a stable region (Not just China and Vietnam)

Militarily, a war with any scale between China and Vietnam will be diaster for the whole region (not only China and Vietnam) people in Vietnam will suffer, so does the people in China. No point pretenting any side will be better off in case of war. I can surely tell you now, no side will be better off. People opt for war to resolve these problem are plainly stupid.

So how can SCS resolve? Sadly speaking, no way. Since a working solution require a party to take a step back, and i cannot see any party involve in this dispute backing down. The only way and the best way is to maintain a status quo. For vietnam, it is very important to increase their own international influence. The only way that have any remote hope to solve the issue is by international pressure. That, people, are the only solution.

to Fsjal

I want to ask you a question.

If i want to look up an address and direction in Australia, which website should i use??

You are right. As for your question, try use Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom