What's new

2nd ship of India's new destroyer line, the Visakhapatnam-class, will be launched on Sept 17

14322491_337586446596222_5045036534819610106_n.jpg

14317386_337586473262886_5467641144475790423_n.jpg

14232650_337586496596217_8882113204189562394_n.jpg

14264176_337586523262881_1192372530689736898_n.jpg

14358665_337586526596214_7874219616393679083_n.jpg

Livefist ‏@livefist 1h1 hour ago
  1. The people you never see: The hundreds of workers & technicians who actually build our warships. #MormugaoLaunch .

CsiBI71UEAAy_Zk.jpg

13 retweets14 likes
  2. Livefist ‏@livefist 1h1 hour ago
    #IndianNavy conducts final checks on #Mornugao P15B #destroyer #hull before launch. #warshiphttps://www.instagram.com/p/BKcdeJ6gatZ/

FIRST VIDEO: Ritual invocations for P15B Mormugao destroyer before her launch today at Mumbai. @IndianNavy

Livefist ‏@livefist 2h2 hours ago
  1. Mormugao hull to be launched by @IndianNavy chief's wife Ms Reena Lanba at 11.58am.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Pseudo secular like barkha, sagarika b

Psuedo secular like barkha, sagarika be like why only hindu priest is there:p:.Modi ji should be there on his birthday:partay:

2+.jpg
16.jpg
165.jpg

All Indian members should contribute so that we can send a proper camera to ANI:)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1654.jpg
    1654.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 44
Not enough for PLAN. We need stealth nuclear submarines with hyper-sonic missiles. Sourya as AShM on Arihant class is the best bet.

Indeed. But I don't think our docks are capable of churning our warships that fast.

Also, it would be silly to take on PLAN directly as we need a 11 trillion dollar economy to match that kind of budget. They don't spend $110 billion per annum for nothing. Also they have the advantage of a unitary government (no opposition and their politicians have the option to either stand with the central government or be executed).

But eventually we will be able to match and even exceed should our government think and do the way PM Modi is doing for the next 15-20 years.

In any case, I think securing IOR by Navy should be our target. Himalayas and IOR are two most important assets India has and it should always be in our control or influence (for friendly countries). This century the one who controls IOR and Himalayas will become the superpower.

1. The people you never see: The hundreds of workers & technicians who actually build our warships. #MormugaoLaunch .

CsiBI71UEAAy_Zk.jpg

13 retweets14 likes
  2. Livefist ‏@livefist 1h1 hour ago
    #IndianNavy conducts final checks on #Mornugao P15B #destroyer #hull before launch. #warshiphttps://www.instagram.com/p/BKcdeJ6gatZ/

FIRST VIDEO: Ritual invocations for P15B Mormugao destroyer before her launch today at Mumbai. @IndianNavy

Livefist ‏@livefist 2h2 hours ago
  1. Mormugao hull to be launched by @IndianNavy chief's wife Ms Reena Lanba at 11.58am.

View attachment 335203 View attachment 335204
Pseudo secular like barkha, sagarika b

Psuedo secular like barkha, sagarika be like why only hindu priest is there:p:.Modi ji should be there on his birthday:partay:

View attachment 335213 View attachment 335214 View attachment 335215
All Indian members should contribute so that we can send a proper camera to ANI:)

Salute to these hardworking men and women who developed this beauty.

Indeed. But I don't think our docks are capable of churning our warships that fast.

Also, it would be silly to take on PLAN directly as we need a 11 trillion dollar economy to match that kind of budget. They don't spend $110 billion per annum for nothing. Also they have the advantage of a unitary government (no opposition and their politicians have the option to either stand with the central government or be executed).

But eventually we will be able to match and even exceed should our government think and do the way PM Modi is doing for the next 15-20 years.

In any case, I think securing IOR by Navy should be our target. Himalayas and IOR are two most important assets India has and it should always be in our control or influence (for friendly countries). This century the one who controls IOR and Himalayas will become the superpower.

Salute to these hardworking men and women who developed this beauty.

They have lots more money. China's defence budget is 6 times more than India's, I know. But I am talking about quality over quantity. This ship costs around $1 billion! Again same Brahmos and Barak-8, one has 300 km range and another 70 km. PLAN is way ahead of us in long range SAM and AShM. They will rain with long range anti-sip missiles on IN ships. These ships are excillent for PN but not even single ship will survive against PLAN.

I do not understand, INS Kolkata laucnhed in 2006 and in 2015 we afre launching INS Vizag and there is no change in weapons or sensors!!!! Look at newer PLAN ships, full of innovative weapons and firepower.

I am not asking for big ships but a decisive weapon. We had Brahmos from 2001 to 2015, which gave us decisive advantage over PLAN, now we need a new decisive weapon against more powerful PLAN, that is advanced submarines with hypersonic missiles. why waste money on P-15B!

It can, provided the contract is given to private Shipyards.

They have lots more money. China's defence budget is 6 times more than India's, I know. But I am talking about quality over quantity. This ship costs around $1 billion! Again same Brahmos and Barak-8, one has 300 km range and another 70 km. PLAN is way ahead of us in long range SAM and AShM. They will rain with long range anti-sip missiles on IN ships. These ships are excillent for PN but not even single ship will survive against PLAN.

I do not understand, INS Kolkata laucnhed in 2006 and in 2015 we afre launching INS Vizag and there is no change in weapons or sensors!!!! Look at newer PLAN ships, full of innovative weapons and firepower.

I am not asking for big ships but a decisive weapon. We had Brahmos from 2001 to 2015, which gave us decisive advantage over PLAN, now we need a new decisive weapon against more powerful PLAN, that is advanced submarines with hypersonic missiles. why waste money on P-15B!

It nice to dream. But crawl, walk and run. Even PLAN doesn't have what you are asking for, at least not a well tested and deployed system. How do the current destroyers being built lag wrt to the PLAN destroyers. May be in numbers not sure about weaponry (only significant weapon systems they have over us is LACM) and sensors.

It nice to dream. But crawl, walk and run. Even PLAN doesn't have what you are asking for, at least not a well tested and deployed system. How do the current destroyers being built lag wrt to the PLAN destroyers. May be in numbers not sure about weaponry (only significant weapon systems they have over us is LACM) and sensors.

Fck PLAN, PLAN does not have does not mean, wen cant.

The italics part; China has come a long way from only making quantity. Their military scientific research today is far ahead of us and far more stable in churning out cutting edge technology.

Indian defence industry is bogged down by government bureaucracy and inherent corruption which the CPC ruthlessly eliminated from their system. Sure, their generals also take bribes and all but not when it comes to manufacturing own weapons.

Not to mention, in addition to sanctions, Chinese have a governmental ban on overt full-platform foreign purchases, forcing their own companies to innovate. Unlike us who have languished behind due to our own self-stopping processes and procedures.

All the weapons systems on the p15a and b were developed while the ship was being built. The Brahmos UVLS, the Nirbhay, the Barak 8 and MFStar, The HW torpedoes. Right now the ship is state of the art. Extremely offensive and top of line defensive.

This is the most potent destroyer among IN adversaries. One can argue about inadequate load out considering only 16 offensive and 32 defensive missiles, but they are still there best of any Navy.

The hypersonic missiles will only see preliminary induction in 2024.

The italics part; China has come a long way from only making quantity. Their military scientific research today is far ahead of us and far more stable in churning out cutting edge technology.
There is nothing cutting edge about there technology. from land. navy, air to space, majority is still Russian/Ukrainian stolen, bought tech and civilian projects heavily rely on collaboration with European countries.

There is nothing cutting edge about there technology. from land. navy, air to space, majority is still Russian/Ukrainian stolen, bought tech and civilian projects heavily rely on collaboration with European countries.

Well as far as we Indians are concerned, they are far ahead of us.

And they can produce as much as they want without having to worry about supply delays of imports and paperwork. They don't have to wait for round-table meetings with Russians, Ukrainians, Americans, French, Israelis or whatever in the midst of a war.

That makes them, faster, better, more structured and more battle ready than our import-loaded Army and Air Force (Navy has smartly indigenized to a large extent).

And that, is a worrisome matter.

Back
Top Bottom