What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

Why didn't shoot them? Who cares about scrambling or what, they intruded and went back unharmed, remember how they shot Pakistan Navy plane in late 90's killing many personal on board, but here we are just scrambling.:disagree:
Violated LOC....not intruded...IAF planes were in the buffer zone, they did not cross inside Pakistan. This buffer zone is a few miles wide.

I think that even Govt was not anticipating that reaction or rhetoric used by the media , they have riled up the people to the point that now they want war and blood nothing less, and as you say Modi set different standards for his tough stands, so now he can not afford to look weak . we may disagree on the Surgical strike but one thing for sure that in India people believe it and now they don't even want another surgical strike they want a full scale war which i think even your army is little hesitant in starting .

Actually I don't really watch Indian media except for some decent channels like WION. I think the Jaish thought it would be another attack which would result in single digit deaths. India is kind of immune to such constant attacks. They did not expect 40 +. Do Indians want war? Some do, some don't. Do they want some form of closure or retribution? Yes. It is only natural.

that was intel failure on our part as we had no clue that your regulars were there with manpads, no big deal even I can shoot down all your aircraft if i have manpads. but remember the pounding your army received after we withdrew 3rd gen migs and sent in mig29s and mirages.
Lets not forget that PA was heavily outnumbered however our ratios were much better than yours. Lets leave this topic as there will be no winners.

You shoot the plane and it falls in Indian territory, you are labelled as aggressor who fired on enemy fighter while it was inside its own territory.

Deterrence.
I am pretty sure just a SAM lock will have more or same effect on indians instead of wasting fuel and time in scrambling .

I am pretty sure just a SAM lock will have more or same effect on indians instead of wasting fuel and time in scrambling .
You never know, maybe PAF jets got a lock also but couldn't fire due to debris falling inside India.

They were probing multiple sectors, coming from different angles, even tried from the sea, but having space based Intel, and AWACS flying round the clock, they are exhausting themselves.

space based intel? is that use of satellites?

They were probing multiple sectors, coming from different angles, even tried from the sea, but having space based Intel, and AWACS flying round the clock, they are exhausting themselves.

Elaborate please -

I am not at liberty to discuss operational matters, all I am permitted to say is that multiple assets were used to monitor Indian movement all across the indian peninsular.

A close ally is helping.
Any input as to why Indians did it? What were they testing? Obviously they didn't arrive to see if PAF is able to freaking scramble or not. And they went back totally unharmed. I cannot imagine PAF crossing into India and coming back witout a bruise.

More trade?? So they can block piyaaz as well as tamtars for us next round???
I'm just hoping history doesn't repeat itself, I would do anything to avoid a war. Pakistan & India need more trade between each other to reduce these situations, prime example being France & Germany. Thank you for your condolences.

Back
Top Bottom