What's new

200 LCA,50% of Rafale deal value will be invested in India: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar

Dude MMRCA dead already . This is new deal made on Government to Government agency. 36 jets for 8 billions including Training , logistic support , technical assistance , weapon system etc . More over 50% offset clauses is been used in this cade . Which I think highest of all defense offset .

To break in simple terms 1st batch will be only by 2017/18 .By that time we will have enough money for additional 34 jets most probably by 2020/21. So its a good move . Better than throwing all our money for now . We need to spend on various front .

36 for 8 billion. Rafale is costlier than F-35 or almost the same price as F-22

Only F-35 or F-22 is not a choice for us. This is the price we pay for not encouraging our own Aerospace Industry. But 200 LCA speaks of a good firm support .

Egypt bought 24 Rafael for the same price . Without reinvestment as offset . And F35 will cost more When you take maintaining , logistics , weapons ,training etc into account .

The news seems right .... the number of Rafales will increase it seems.

That seems to be right.

ONCE Dassault invests 4 billion $ in India for manufacturing Rafale, THEN India will order for more Rafale. So there is NO way Dassault can weasel out of it and they wll be under pressure to implement the Make in India in a hurry to garner more orders.

Order more ONLY when 50% of Rafale is made in India.

Unlike the P-8I and C-17 deal I may add.

Any Dassault need another supply chain to meet their own requirement and exports .Do better option will be to produce in India due to very skilled labors, abandoned of resources, willingness to produce Rafale in a cost effective ways. So its Win win for both .

LCA is anow a big success story after delays. Another gud job by DRDO. Its a powerful system to break the heart of enemy.

I have a feeling this is going to get messy... again. #MMRCA 2.0

@sancho this does not look good.
This is clearly false promising.
How can dassult invest 50% and deliver 36 jets in 2 years !?
What is it do LCA project with the saved money?development money is already committed.

Yes Parrikar is talking a lot of crap these days and the sad part is, it's not even his fault, since he only tries to publically justify the move the PM did against the needs of IAF and against of what Parrikar did since he is in office. And yes, we need to worry that the government is already spinning things to highlight lower costs and LCAs, to distract from the fact that the 36 deal alone is just a poor compromise that neither helps IAF, nor the Indian aviation industry.

i really dont know what is suddenly gng on really..
DM MP says 200 LCAs needed whereas LCA Mk1 progress is happening at snail pace and so called MK2 is a paper plane
50% offset for 36 planes and at price same as French airforce??? Is this some kind of joke? Why would Dassault invest 50% for just 36 rafales?
What happened to other programs like FGFA or AMCA?

I may sound pessimistic but the sheen is coming off PM NaMo government a lot quicker than expected. An indecisive parliament and indecisive DM with lack of clarity is not a good sign for times to come.

We need a strong decisive action instead of spinning every news (positive or negative) all into government favourable news only.

Yes Parrikar is talking a lot of crap these days and the sad part is, it's not even his fault, since he only tries to publically justify the move the PM did against the needs of IAF and against of what Parrikar did since he is in office. And yes, we need to worry that the government is already spinning things to highlight lower costs and LCAs, to distract from the fact that the 36 deal alone is just a poor compromise that neither helps IAF, nor the Indian aviation industry.

PM and Parrikar has a FAR bigger role and responsibility than playing depraved hooker to IAF.

Why not try leaving your religion and political affiliations out of your "analysis" ? :coffee:

Or do you claim to know more about the IAF needs and recommendations than the Defence Minister of India ? :lol:

i really dont know what is suddenly gng on really..
DM MP says 200 LCAs needed whereas LCA Mk1 progress is happening at snail pace and so called MK2 is a paper plane
50% offset for 36 planes and at price same as French airforce??? Is this some kind of joke? Why would Dassault invest 50% for just 36 rafales?
What happened to other programs like FGFA or AMCA?

If DM has said it, that means IAF and MoD has cleared it. (200 LCA)

As to why Dassault will invest 50% offset, its called Negotiation. How is this linked to FGFA or AMCA ?

I may sound pessimistic but the sheen is coming off PM NaMo government a lot quicker than expected. An indecisive parliament and indecisive DM with lack of clarity is not a good sign for times to come.

We need a strong decisive action instead of spinning every news (positive or negative) all into government favourable news only.

You sound stupid and frustrated not pessimistic. I see all the clarity in the world, maybe you need to get rid of your love for Rafale that is clouding your judgement and reconsider your Love for India.

I see strong decisive action, too bad you cannot handle it.

PM and Parrikar has a FAR bigger role and responsibility than playing depraved hooker to IAF.

Why not try leaving your religion and political affiliations out of your "analysis" ? :coffee:

Or do you claim to know more about the IAF needs and recommendations than the Defence Minister of India ? :lol:

If DM has said it, that means IAF and MoD has cleared it. (200 LCA)

As to why Dassault will invest 50% offset, its called Negotiation. How is this linked to FGFA or AMCA ?

You sound stupid and frustrated not pessimistic. I see all the clarity in the world, maybe you need to get rid of your love for Rafale that is clouding your judgement and reconsider your Love for India.

I see strong decisive action, too bad you cannot handle it.

Thanks for your views. Appreciate " The blindness" newbie !!!

And yes, we need to worry that the government is already spinning things to highlight lower costs and LCAs, to distract from the fact that the 36 deal alone is just a poor compromise that neither helps IAF, nor the Indian aviation industry.

Are you suggesting that Rafale should have been discarded or that the full number of 126 should have been procured regardless of the financial position? Also when you suggest that the government is spinning things, do you have any reasoning in your mind as to why they are doing that? Something other than finances?

Well, government or specifically DM MP did say about the need of Light category Single Engine fighters to be in excess of 200 or more than say 10 squadrons. But GOI/MOD never placed order of LCA (MK1 or proposed MK2) on paper amounting to 200 in numbers.. In the meantime, you see news items of few parallel incidences
1. LCA Mk1 progress slower, less indegenous content and over all delay due to troika's responsibilities (DRDO/ADA/HAL) and IAF's reluctance for MK1
2. You get to hear about Maharashtra CM Devendra F (very close to NaMo and Jaitley) courting Saab and inviting them to Maharashtra for producing Single engined light fighter Gripen under Make In India.
3. Truly MMRCA is officially dead and GOI or PM NaMo initiated a proposal for 36 Rafale Jet Off the Shelf Purchase during his visit. In the same time, DM MP said the financial considerations as well as the contratc (MMRCA) was becoming too complex for meaningful negotiations. The specific term was "vortex"
4. The latest news items said Indian Rafale deal is at same price as France Rafales but France commitment is more than 225 and there are suppose to order 5th Tranche which is now delayed to accommodate the orders of Egypt, India, Qatar
Out comes another statement by DM MP that offset is at 50% (same like MMRCA)..

So in short some confusions
  • Off the shelf proposed purchase with 50% offset clause with cost same as France Air Force.. for 36 proposed fighters
  • MMRCA officially dead but 50% offset clause still retained (no clarity for critical TOT is there or not)
  • Is there MMRCA 2.0 now with say production in India under make In India with terms similar to MMRCA?
  • 200 Light category but No LCA firm order and Side by side courting of Saab
  • Conflicting position versus talk of indigenous focus but courting Foreign Manufacturers
Sorry to say under no negotiations i have heard a defence deal with off the shell purchase with 50% offset. Its no meaningful numbers in order to back up any financial viability

Back
Top Bottom