What's new

19 PAF Aircraft to participate in exercise with PLAAF

khuda ka naam lo bhaii f7 is no match to viper..i can tell u of a 2v1 mission of paf(the f7 pilot told me this) i.e 1 f16 vs 2 f7s and the viper took out both f7s within seconds after interception..wish i could explain that with hand signals how he did that..
got anything about thunder vs viper or f7 pg

I am talking about F7 not Mirage(8 sqn)..

exceptions are always there pal..but if u are saying that F7 is EQUAL to viper then damnnnn..!

ahahaha...whenever i see ur account the incident comes to my mind and i am like this guy's (U KNOW WHO) is damn lucky and even luckier to be operational even today.:victory1:
I did not get the respect I have here by making stupid claims.

Yes, exceptions happen due to scenarios and skills. Lower performance aircraft have to take a different and unique approach to try and tackle higher performance aircraft in air combat- although the preferred tactic is to bug out when able.

The F-7PG is not equal to the F-16 but when compared to the Vanilla F-7 it has better energy retention and turning radius so it will always have a somewhat better chance in the hands of a capable pilot.

got anything about thunder vs viper or f7 pg

Looking at videos publicly available, my personal opinion on WVR turning fights between Thunder and viper is they depend on the pilot. Note I am completely ignoring radar here.

There is one very good reason for this: the PAF simply wouldn't settle for less. They would keep tweaking the Thunder until it got where they want it to be.

I did not get the respect I have here by making stupid claims.

Yes, exceptions happen due to scenarios and skills. Lower performance aircraft have to take a different and unique approach to try and tackle higher performance aircraft in air combat- although the preferred tactic is to bug out when able.

The F-7PG is not equal to the F-16 but when compared to the Vanilla F-7 it has better energy retention and turning radius so it will always have a somewhat better chance in the hands of a capable pilot.
I am not doubting ur knowledge or respect here and what i said here was told to me by F7 operators(talking abt viper v F7)..and we are not comparing F7P and PG here so dont go there..
P.S i hv sat in cockpits of F7P,PG and FT7 as well,so i know how they all are.

I am not doubting ur knowledge or respect here and what i said here was told to me by F7 operators(talking abt viper v F7)..and we are not comparing F7P and PG here so dont go there..
P.S i hv sat in cockpits of F7P,PG and FT7 as well,so i know how they all are.

I believe my post had the very clear PG distinction included in it.

I have had the same experience with cockpits, and pilots beyond the PAF- including F-15E, F/A-18C(blue angels) , Mig-29UB and by October I hope to mingle with some Apache and UH-60DAP flyers.
So we can keep citing our butts on cockpit seats or share knowledge.

I do not disagree that the Mig-21C has no chance against a average F-16 pilot .

I believe my post had the very clear PG distinction included in it.

I have had the same experience with cockpits, and pilots beyond the PAF- including F-15E, F/A-18C(blue angels) , Mig-29UB and by October I hope to mingle with some Apache and UH-60DAP flyers.
So we can keep citing our butts on cockpit seats or share knowledge.

I do not disagree that the Mig-21C has no chance against a average F-16 pilot .

There is also the not so insignificant matter of radar, ECM, and weapons package. But we are discussing controlled exercises here.

probably f7s and thunders and MAYBEEEE mirages.

khuda ka naam lo bhaii f7 is no match to viper..i can tell u of a 2v1 mission of paf(the f7 pilot told me this) i.e 1 f16 vs 2 f7s and the viper took out both f7s within seconds after interception..wish i could explain that with hand signals how he did that..
What if i were to tell you that at least once a F7P (tail choppers) fought and prevailed against 16s in two consecutive 2v2s (in a DACT exercise). Driver happened to be my brother.

Last edited:
What if i were to you that at least once a F7P (tail choppers) fought and prevailed against 16 in two consecutive 2v2 scenarios, that too in a Saffron Bandit. Driver happened to be my brother.
Then i would believe u...and i was just talking to a Talon pilot and he told me he had kills against thunder,viper and mirages.
But we are talking in general.I just quoted that example to explain my point to him.BTW ur brother may be on mirage now as no. 14 pilots were transfered after re-equipping?

Last edited:
Then i would believe u...and i was just talking to a Talon pilot and he told me he had kills against thunder,viper and mirages.
But we are talking in general.I just quoted that example to explain my point to him.BTW ur brother may be on mirage now as no. 14 pilots were transfered after re-equipping?
He likes flying Vipers these days :).

There is also the not so insignificant matter of radar, ECM, and weapons package. But we are discussing controlled exercises here.
Yes there is, but in both controlled exercises and in operational cases; inferior aircraft have the ability to leverage certain advantages such as own airspace or numbers against superior aircraft.

An a hypothetical example, A legacy mirage can take on a F-16 by constantly forcing him into a low level right angled fight.
Although in reality the Mirage is well advised to hit the burners and run

He likes flying Vipers these days :).
After the stint at risalpur I believe

ahahaha...whenever i see ur account the incident comes to my mind and i am like this guy's (U KNOW WHO) is damn lucky and even luckier to be operational even today.:victory1:
Very fortunate to be his son.

F-6 drivers did the same in the 1980s against Vipers. Depends a lot on the type of engagements, mission dependency, course, operational status qualification....bunch of variables.

yes from an Aircraft MODELS shop...:omghaha:
BUT u can buy a REAL Mushak from PAC,though PAF imposes some conditions on it
Don't worry, I will give paf a decent offer, they can use my jfT in time of war ,just need to pay for fuel,

a good chance for a full squadran to shake out the jf-17; and test how to employ not just the fighters; but awacs, uavs, and other special mission aircraft (and ground support/ C4ISR teams) for the doctrine of ‘Limited war under high tech conditions’, and move on to ‘local war under informationalised conditions’ (chinese doctrinal thinking Pakistan can share ideas on with China)

Back
Top Bottom