What's new

19 PAF Aircraft to participate in exercise with PLAAF

F7 with guns and missile as good as any will match anyone. =
you made the point... radar is a fundamental ingredients to use the missiles an installation of a potent radar on F-7s will turn it to a new aircraft theoretically and these days whoever has better radar can engage the enemy aircraft first that is why the trade mark of Lockhead martin is first look.. first shot .. first kill ... i will not go in to technical details but F-16 has some serious advantages over migs or f-7s that is why in Balkans war 5 mig 29s were shotdown by F-16s and F-15s .. in 1982 Lebanon war after receiving the F-16 and F-15 IDF destroyed about 45 Syrian MiG-21MFs and list goes on .... and frankly i dont like to compare both jets since they are different categories aircrafts

With data link you do not a radar as well any way mirages were upgraded with link and f7 has a decent radar with around 60 km range for search with awacs you do not need to turn on radar as well usually f16/jf are sent with f7 to beef up numbers for merge ;) guessing

F7 p are pretty much gone and pg have a role , even Chinese are still flying f7, a5 and j8 totaling in 600-800

http://www.scramble.nl/orbats/china/airforce

Last edited:
Why feeling insecure brother? no one mentioned Mahan Indian SU30's here?

These exercises are normally conducted under controlled environment and chinese sukhois are very different from indian one's. I will bet on pakistani f-16 blk 52 against any chinese aircraft.

You still need spares, weapons and more importantly electronic keys "codes" to run them, besides an agreement is an agreement, we must honour them.

US isnt going to sell us F-16s anyway nor any other offensive defense equipment, why should we bother what US will allow and what not. Time to end this disenchanted relationship.

A plane is nothing more than a vehicle to carry weapons and supporting electronics, you take these two out of a Raptor and that becomes toothless flying duck, you add these to 1950's B1, and that becomes a lethal fighting machine.

PAF made the right choice to send only JF-17s because may be F-7s are alright for us but internationally their era has long gone, under predefined rules in mock-up combats F-7 could kill a modern fighter but in real combat it has no chance to stand against SUs or F-16s therefore lets be realistic

Chinese are made in China junk and the other ones are "Mahan" untouchable future technology, it's another thing that the keep falling from the skies once in a while.........

what are the main differences between Chinese and Indian sikohois.

I hope we get lots of videos from this exercise. Will our Vipers participate or only Thunders?
probably f7s and thunders and MAYBEEEE mirages.

The F-7PG in-close is a very tough task, you may have seen the pictures, but you should've read the reporting on the exercise as well, turns out even the USAF pilots were impressed. Back in the era where we had officially no BVR capable fighter aircrafts and our only option was to perfect the art of in-close engagements, the PG's were said to give even the viper pilots a run for their money. Don't underestimate a platform just because of its looks, or generation or how it 'appears' on paper.
khuda ka naam lo bhaii f7 is no match to viper..i can tell u of a 2v1 mission of paf(the f7 pilot told me this) i.e 1 f16 vs 2 f7s and the viper took out both f7s within seconds after interception..wish i could explain that with hand signals how he did that..

Last edited:
Last time PAF sent three different types, JF-17s, Mirages and F-7Ps.....and it's no secret that the JF-17s spoilt the day for the big twin engine Jets.

005zFEMbgw1evzrle5e6mj30hs06udgg.jpg

005zFEMbgw1evzrlep6i3j30hs08t0tb.jpg
Thanks for the heartening news.I am sure,our upcoming JF-17 mk iii will be capable enough to take care of Rafale and up graded Sukhoi.

probably f7s and thunders and MAYBEEEE mirages.

khuda ka naam lo bhaii f7 is no match to viper..i can tell u of a 2v1 mission of paf(the f7 pilot told me this) i.e 1 f16 vs 2 f7s and the viper took out both f7s within seconds after interception..wish i could explain that with hand signals how he did that..
That is true as for as jf-17 was concerned. Jf-17 mkiii is a different machine.with the exception of less powerful engine,it will be nearly 90% as good as viper.

It has canards on it.
May be you are following Tukish spellings, Change your wrong spelling "Ahmet" to correct spelling AHMED,please.

Back
Top Bottom