What's new

17-year-old accuses man of rape

airpower183

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
TNN Jan 20, 2014, 01.23 AM IST
THANE: A 17-year-old girl has accused a man of raping her, promising to marry her soon. Police sources said the accused convinced the girl that he will marry her and accordingly took her to a lodge in Ghodbunder Road and raped her last week. Henceforth, he started ignoring her.

The boy neglected the girl after having physical relation and the girl started showing signs of depressions which was observed by her elder sister.

The victim then confided in her sister and lodged a police complaint. A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 of Indian Penal Code.

This cant be for real, india really needs to get its laws straight on rape. She got rejected, so accuses him of rape? When in fact, when it occurred it was perfectly consensual.

TNN Jan 20, 2014, 01.23 AM IST
THANE: A 17-year-old girl has accused a man of raping her, promising to marry her soon. Police sources said the accused convinced the girl that he will marry her and accordingly took her to a lodge in Ghodbunder Road and raped her last week. Henceforth, he started ignoring her.

The boy neglected the girl after having physical relation and the girl started showing signs of depressions which was observed by her elder sister.

The victim then confided in her sister and lodged a police complaint. A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 of Indian Penal Code.

This cant be for real, india really needs to get its laws straight on rape. She got rejected, so accuses him of rape? When in fact, when it occurred it was perfectly consensual.

This may fall under the statutory rape scenario since the girl was under 18 (not sure if the age of consent is 16 or 18)...

This may fall under the statutory rape scenario since the girl was under 18 (not sure if the age of consent is 16 or 18)...

Ah Yes, thanks for clearing that up.

I might add there have been a number of females charge with statutory rape.

Ah Yes, thanks for clearing that up.

I might add there have been a number of females charge with statutory rape.
There was another such case in which a man was given 7 years (if I remember correctly) for a rape accusation that happened simply because he refused to marry the girl.
That is simply a case of cheating and not rape.

There was another such case in which a man was given 7 years (if I remember correctly) for a rape accusation that happened simply because he refused to marry the girl.
That is simply a case of cheating and not rape.

Can you show me a link to that?

Because I thought this was one such case, however it turns out the police was prosecuting for statuary rape.

Indian court said that no one can be accused of rape if they had sex on false promise of marriages. I do not even know what laws Indian courts follow any more

wow unbelievable.

Just curious what happens if the guy puts a compliant into the police saying that she raped him? Will the police and Indian legal system give the victim the same amount of bias in this instance too?
Indian judicial system unfairly puts the burden of proof of innocence on male side for a few crimes . like dowry.. thats what I understand .. am not a lawyer I might be wrong.

Indian judicial system unfairly puts the burden of proof of innocence on male side for a few crimes . like dowry.. thats what I understand .. am not a lawyer I might be wrong.

Also while the male's face is shown all over the news, the women is given protection and her identity not disclosed. An accusation by a female is enough to destroy a male's life and career no matter whats the truth.

Also while the male's face is shown all over the news, the women is given protection and her identity not disclosed. An accusation by a female is enough to destroy a male's life and career no matter whats the truth.

This is something that needs to change in India.

Indian judiciary seems to have idea of "cracking down on rape" by these heavy handed action which is at lapse with the law.

Rape isn't the problem in India, it is the judiciary.

This is something that needs to change in India.

Indian judiciary seems to have idea of "cracking down on rape" by these heavy handed action which is at lapse with the law.

Rape isn't the problem in India, it is the judiciary.
Its both, rape is a problem, as is antiquated view of what is moral and what is just.
Currently there is this demand of mob justice going on, kill the rapist, hang him etc. People will be happy to kill a few innocent if that ensures fear in rapists.

Its both, rape is a problem, as is antiquated view of what is moral and what is just.
Currently there is this demand of mob justice going on, kill the rapist, hang him etc. People will be happy to kill a few innocent if that ensures fear in rapists.

I also heard some lunatics were asking for the death penalty for rape, after the heat of media influence. Not only is this not productive; it provides even more incentive to the rapist to become a murderer, because if he/she gets caught he/she is going get the death penalty either way. Might as well get rid of evidence from get go.

And the poor victim is left with no chance of survival with the law incentivizing the the rape victims murder.

The death penalty should be saved for individuals like in the murder of the dehli medical girl.

They could have done any one of a million things to save her life after they brutally raped her. They could have raped her and simply walked away, but they continued to violently assault her, even after they could have called and ambulance for her or someone for her to get medical attention sooner than later. But they choose not do any one of those things.

Society needs to be protected from such dangerous individuals. The only good that can come from such an individual is to isolate them from society forever.

Last edited:
I also heard some lunatics were asking for the death penalty for rape, after the heat of media influence. Not only is this not productive; it provides even more incentive to the rapist to become a murderer, because if he/she gets caught he/she is going get the death penalty either way. Might as well get rid of evidence from get go.

And the poor victim is left with no chance of survival with the law incentivizing the the rape victims murder.

The death penalty should be saved for individuals like in the murder of the dehli medical girl.

They could have done any one of a million things to save her life after they brutally raped her. They could have raped her and simply walked away, but they continued to violently assault her, even after they could have called and ambulance for her or someone for her to get medical attention sooner than later. But they choose not do any one of those things.

Society needs to be protected from such dangerous individuals. The only good that can come from such an individual is to isolate them from society forever.
This has been pointed out by most women right organization. Its only women wing of political parties that are filling the street with 'hang the rapist' placards, and they have enough simple minded folks to support.
The issue is very low rate of conviction(for a lot of crimes including rape), that will require complete change in police and judicial system. Most govts cannot do it so the populist measures and cheap rhetorics.

So because he told her he would marry her she agreed to have sex on first date with this guy? And the guy lies to girls for temporary pleasure?

What sick people these days.

Back
Top Bottom