What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

You do realize that the Rwandan genocide, which is a well recorded and well investigated event, had a similar death rate per day as East Pakistan of 1971. That rate was achieved by a rag tag militia as opposed to an organized military of Pakistan.

Why are you making a parallel of Rwandan civil war with BD independence war? The situation is completely different from each other. Two groups of Rwandan people live in the same areas or in the same villages. There it was a direct civil war whereby each group killed the other directly. In case of Bd, it was different.

The army persecuted mostly the known sympathizers of AL and was shown ways by the razakars. So, it was basically a killing of targets and not of masses. Mass killings were done on the night of 26 march in Dhaka and then, by a mistake, in Jinjira a few days later. Please do not confuse truth with fiction or wartime propaganda of India's mass media in 1971.

Also, note that every war is unique and different. The facts should be sought out from the true information only from the actual sufferers. No parallel can be made of any two wars. However, I must admit there were murders and rapes and other atrocities. But, the scale was certainly not that big as it can be seen in the Indian mass media reportings of those days.

The reportings, certainly, brought about a positive response from the world community in favour of Bangali independence from Pakistan.

Do not call razakar any one when he is telling the truth. A man does not have to agree to Indian accounts every time. Indian design is to keep the distance between Bd and Pakistan. But, we will not let that happen the way you want. There were vast number of killings, but it was never 1 or 3 million. It was much much less than 1 lakh. Nevertheless, it was a big killing. You have no right to call our citizen razakar. Razakars are those who are the lackyes of India.

No, Razaakar always tell the truth.

Don't go by Indian accounts. Fair enough.

Go by US account and US was hardly friends of India except that they wanted to show their formidable 7th Fleet to the people in India on a friendly goodwill mission.

Personally, with all the new facts coming out from Bangladesh, there was no genocide at all.

And if the posts are correct, then all the killings (if there was any) was done by the Indian Army!

That is probably nearer the truth with some thousands also killed by the Indian Army, Mukti and Mujib Bahini.

And guess what when we were going into East Pakistan, I did not see a single Pakistani Army chap at all.

And as per EastWest, the Razakaar were all 'lackyes' (whatever that means) of India.

Even Justice Hamdoor Rehman was talking through his hat I presume.

Thanks for the new history.

Bangladesh needs to seriously revise its history which is presently tainted by Indian propaganda and disinformation. Unfortunately there is hardly and new or original research on the 1971 war. All the academics and scholars are merely repeating what has been given to them from before.

Munshi,

We know where you come from.

Do be good enough to refute the links and not go on a merry go round.

That would be a better way to change history than mere waffling with generalities which are nothing but hot air pontifications denuded of facts, accepted or given!

The links are not Indian and nor are the press reports or videos or pictures solely that of India!!

And to imagine that Mrs Gandhi, who was detested by the US President and his NSA, could buy up the international media, who while in Bangladesh was reporting total falsehood.

Mrs G was great, but I think you give her the halo of a Prophet.

I am all for the truth to prevail.

So, let us know where all the stuff that Bangladesh is giving in those links are figments of a heated and fertile mind.

You claim fame as an academic and so take it on!

You claim your father was a doctor and he saw nothing and I say having seen, I saw much!

And EastWest claims everything is a falsehood and Pakistani were not even there (inference!)!

East Bengal became Bangladesh Harry Potter style and the East Pakistanis did nothing because nothing happened!!

Am I to understand Bangladesh, populated with claimed pious and fervent Muslims, ruined the Two Nation Theory of Jinnah and Surahwardy, just because they got up from the wrong side of the bed?

I am aware that Bengalis tend to be quixotic, but this takes the cake!!

Actually since people like you and some others regret that Bangladesh is a total failure and that fools created this mirage called Bangladesh, why not get back to the good old days?

Why do people bother with e-Bangladeshis! They are pretty weird species!

Why do people bother with e-Bangladeshis! They are pretty weird species!

Not really.

They are so truthful and so imaginative.

A fascinating breed!

One learns so much from them!

They are a gift to mankind is what I feel.

They disown anything that does not suit them!

A great quality indeed!

There are people here who left Bangladesh for the UK when they were one and they are experts now!!

Bangladesh was not good enough for them.

Now that Bangaldesh is doing well, they want to join in and pretend their eternal and undying love for Bangladesh.

And their hate for India is well documented.

There are people here who left Bangladesh for the UK when they were one and they are experts now!!

Now that Bangaldesh is doing well, they want to join in and pretend their eternal and undying love for Bangladesh.

Wat makes u an expert on bangladeshi affairs and who r u guys to judge bangladeshi members be they sitting in UK,USA or Uganda?

Its funny to dee u guyd showing so much concern abt bangladesh.

Wat makes u an expert on bangladeshi affairs and who r u guys to judge bangladeshi members be they sitting in UK,USA or Uganda?

Its funny to dee u guyd showing so much concern abt bangladesh.

Guess?

You have three guesses!

Hint: I have seen it and you have not!

I have seen it as a child and as a adult too!

A veiled reference about me. There are many Indians leaving India for a better education in the USA and Europe so I guess they are all traitors and have no love for India. According to your logic they can never be experts on India and their opinion is worthless. That India is now doing well these foreign educated Indians want a piece of the pie and are therefore unpatriotic. Their hate for everything non-Indian is well documented.

A veiled reference about me. There are many Indians leaving India for a better education in the USA and Europe so I guess they are all traitors and have no love for India. According to your logic they can never be experts on India and their opinion is worthless. That India is now doing well these foreign educated Indians want a piece of the pie and are therefore unpatriotic. Their hate for everything non-Indian is well documented.

Out of sheer respect of keeping the forum beyond personalities I did not mention the name.

I also do not want to delve into it since one would not wish to intrude on the privacy.

Of course, anyone can be an expert. He just has to establish a credible audience and thereafter, he is speaking the Gospel!

It in no way would mean one is patriotic or unpatriotic.

It would only be indicative of this line of thought and to which side of the spectrum he sees.

There are enough of experts on the issue of the Moon, but I presume, Neil Armstrong, who may not have a brain exploding scientific background, but would he not know a wee bit more of the reality of what is it on the Moon than the theoretical brain oozing scientist and would he not be able to correlate theory with the practical experience better than one who has not set foot on the Moon?

For instance, I did not believe that an Awami Leaguer was crass enough to celebrate his 100th rape! A poster who is in Bangaldesh produced undiluted evidence. He has experienced the outrage of this crass event and he reads Bangaldeshi news more than I. Therefore, my opinion of what is going on is changed and I shudder in horror as to what is going on!

As far as the post you are referring to what is pertinent is not the emigration, but the timing.

But then, there could be many other good reasons too to emigrate than the one I am seeing!

I concur however we also have to keep this fact handy that a good number of West Pakistani(not Bihari) got killed in the hand of Mujib Mukti Bahini.

Another fact to remember here is that there were no East Pakistani died in west Pakistan after the separation when fact tells us that they could have slaughter every signal of them. Hence, lets not consider ourself all made up of candle. Shall we?

At the end, both side committed gruesome unjust against each other while enemy enjoyed every bit of it. We supposed to be brothers in Islam.

Also notice how Bharati taking our side when ever we talking about 71 whereas.....well, you know the rest.

You have to see it in different angle. Not a single attack was carried out in West Pakistan by Mukti Bahini. But West Pakistanis killed and million in East Pakistan by themselves and by their proxy Rajakars and Biharis. The retribution was natural and just.

You have to see it in different angle. Not a single attack was carried out in West Pakistan by Mukti Bahini. But West Pakistanis killed and million in East Pakistan by themselves and by their proxy Rajakars and Biharis. The retribution was natural and just.

So the west Pakistanis just came in and started killing east Pakistanis for fun?....... and millions?

Also wasnt it the eastern guys who butchered over 1 million west Pakistanis in east Pakistan?

Read books by indians how they created mukti bhani.

Abt language dispute.... tht was just a result of an indian proxy n the power hungry east wing politicians........ Urdu is our national language but the mother tongue of just 8% Pakistanis........ Yet we dnt see such problems in Pakistan.

No army kills its ppl for fun.

So the west Pakistanis just came in and started killing east Pakistanis for fun?....... and millions?

Also wasnt it the eastern guys who butchered over 1 million west Pakistanis in east Pakistan?

Read books by indians how they created mukti bhani.

Abt language dispute.... tht was just a result of an indian proxy n the power hungry east wing politicians........ Urdu is our national language but the mother tongue of just 8% Pakistanis........ Yet we dnt see such problems in Pakistan.

No army kills its ppl for fun.

Back in the days of Pakistan, very few Bengalis actually spoke Urdu. That is why there was a language dispute.

I don't know exactly how many people were killed by the West Pakistani army, but something bad happened for sure.

Back
Top Bottom