What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Of those that were killed how many were killed by the Pakistan Army, how many by the Indian Army, Mukti Bahini, Mujib Bahini and how many by the Al-Badr and Al-Shams. Why are we assuming all deaths were caused only by the Pakistan Army? That doesn't make any sense in a war. My reserach suggests many were killed by the Indian Army and many massacred by the Mukti and Mujib Bahini. Many deaths were certainly caused by Bengali on Bengali violence and not all were caused by the Al-Badr and Al-Shams. In some ways Sharmila Bose is partly right but she exaggerates the numbers.

You're level-headed on this matter Munshi. What numbers is she exagerrating?

I didn't think she gave any numbers out, just questioned the figures and that they were all committed by PA when the evidence shows this was not the case.

No offence to BD members but the whole Genocide stuff is used as Political tool... And when the war was on they used this false propaganda to hire recruit nothing more..

Since you mentioned that figure, lets do some maths.

40,000 soldiers (average deployment throughout 9 months, minimum being around 25,000 and maximum being around 55,000), '3,000,000' deaths, 9 months+ i.e. around 300 days.

That means, each soldier killed 75 people in 300 days.

That means, each soldier killed just 1 person in every 4th day, for 300 days. It doesn't seem like as something that would require the perpetrators to be 'empowered by some higher forces from above' to pull off.

Remember, between April and June in 1994, in a span of less than 100 days, about 800,000 Tutsis (minorities) were murdered by the Hutus (majorities) in Rwanda.

DISCLAIMER: This is not my claim that '3 million' Bengalis were killed during those 9 months.

I guess Benglai were sucking of fingers while Pak army was killing them like ducks. What a BS analysis but then again it is coming from a Bharati. I guess Pak army was made of fire since they didn't take any break from killing. If that BS number was true then all most every family would have loss one person which is far from the truth.

After 71, then Awami government initiated a survey to found out the exact number of death however it was abandon since Musjib and Bhartis fabricated number would be jeopardized. Awami has been using this made up number as political tool to fool people for last 40 years but truth is finally coming out.

There is no doubt that innocent people were dead however on of the main reason of that death was that one Bengali tribe used Pak army to demised another tribe. A truth still exist today in modern Bangladesh.

MBI Munshi's analysis should be noted.
MBI Munshi said:
Of those that were killed how many were killed by the Pakistan Army, how many by the Indian Army, Mukti Bahini, Mujib Bahini and how many by the Al-Badr and Al-Shams. Why are we assuming all deaths were caused only by the Pakistan Army? That doesn't make any sense in a war. My reserach suggests many were killed by the Indian Army and many massacred by the Mukti and Mujib Bahini. Many deaths were certainly caused by Bengali on Bengali violence and not all were caused by the Al-Badr and Al-Shams. In some ways Sharmila Bose is partly right but she exaggerates the numbers.

Al Zakira,

There was no Genocide, right?

Just a figment of imagination.

Liberation too is but a mirage.

It is just a dose of opium!

The international media was also bought, right? Including the US media that was sending its 7th Fleet steaming post haste?

Do give us the facts then.

Take the help of the researcher, Munshi.

Bengalis are too imaginative.

We require the sane Razaakars to tell it as it was>

unfortunately it doesn't sound so funny to me. Even if its 3lacs or 30 lacs but yeah the figures might have been overestimated as with the aftermath of every historical event.
Remember the million man march in Egypt, it has been scientifically proven (even with simulations) that the numbers couldn't have been more than 2lacs. That doesn't change anything though.

I concur however we also have to keep this fact handy that a good number of West Pakistani(not Bihari) got killed in the hand of Mujib Mukti Bahini.

Another fact to remember here is that there were no East Pakistani died in west Pakistan after the separation when fact tells us that they could have slaughter every signal of them. Hence, lets not consider ourself all made up of candle. Shall we?

At the end, both side committed gruesome unjust against each other while enemy enjoyed every bit of it. We supposed to be brothers in Islam.

Also notice how Bharati taking our side when ever we talking about 71 whereas.....well, you know the rest.

Al Zakira,

The international media was also bought, right? Including the US media that was sending its 7th Fleet steaming post haste?

Many "informed" people in Bangladesh (me included) are questioning the "official" figures of the number of casualties in the 1971 war. And who killed who. The Mukhti Bahini along with the early Bangladesh government was highly disorganized (and still is).

Some AL men back then even went as far as saying India carried out the genocide.

Of-course, the Pakistanis did screw up the entire operation following a flawed strategy. That Yaha Khan was an arrogant man, I don't even know why Bhutto even listened to that drunkard.

The AL under Mujib never had a great human rights record to begin with. And still doesn't.

Whenever the AL comes to power, there is always:
1. Increased crime.
2. Stock market crashes and scandals.
3. Increased problems with energy and water.
4. Increased human right violations (I can give you examples if you want).
5. An environment of anarchy.

The difference between the AL and the BNP is that the AL is more..."gangsta" type, whereas the BNP is more of a....business corrupt type.

What is clear to many informed Bangladeshis right now is that facts of history are manipulated by the country's politicians for their own personal gains today. I don't think we will ever know the true facts, events and numbers.

Best to move on.

My father was a doctor at the time of the war and he said that he had to travel dozens of miles to find any casualties of the fighting. If 3 million died or even 300000 how come there are so few causalities seen at the time? I have heard another figure of 30000 dead. That is probably nearer the truth with some thousands also killed by the Indian Army, Mukti and Mujib Bahini.

My father was a doctor at the time of the war and he said that he had to travel dozens of miles to find any casualties of the fighting. If 3 million died or even 300000 how come there are so few causalities seen at the time? I have heard another figure of 30000 dead. That is probably nearer the truth with some thousands also killed by the Indian Army, Mukti and Mujib Bahini.

No one of '70s generation believes in Mujib's fairy tale of 3 million dead. But, AL propaganda machine is always working to make the newer generation believe in that figure. Number of killed is not the issue. Issue is why Yahya Khan had to resort to a policy that forced us to take up guns as well. The crackdown on March 26 forced people to say Pakistan Murdabad.

^
True.

Actually, it is unknown exactly how many civilians were killed. Politicians in Bangladesh tend to manipulate such figures.

There is a joke that he confusingly said 30 lakhs instead of 3 lakhs. lol.

It is not really a joke. Mujib was told to say about 3 lakhs killed when he arrived in London from a Pakistani prison. But, by a slip of the tongue he said 3 million. In those days even people with education were confused about this MILLION. Even 300,000 figure is also too high. BD govt should check all the villages and Mahallas to count the figure. But, AL does not want to do so because it wants to play with 3 million. BNP and other parties do not or cannot because it will bring about a dirty criticism from the AL people. So, this is how this inflated figure of 3 million could not be revised.

Since you mentioned that figure, lets do some maths.

40,000 soldiers (average deployment throughout 9 months, minimum being around 25,000 and maximum being around 55,000), '3,000,000' deaths, 9 months+ i.e. around 300 days.

That means, each soldier killed 75 people in 300 days.

That means, each soldier killed just 1 person in every 4th day, for 300 days. It doesn't seem like as something that would require the perpetrators to be 'empowered by some higher forces from above' to pull off.

Remember, between April and June in 1994, in a span of less than 100 days, about 800,000 Tutsis (minorities) were murdered by the Hutus (majorities) in Rwanda.

DISCLAIMER: This is not my claim that '3 million' Bengalis were killed during those 9 months.

But, why the Indians are so eager to establish a figure that was not even circulated by the the biased propaganda machine of India when the war was going on? Truth must prevail. BD is a reality and it cannot be undone only because the death figures vary.

In any war, more than three people are injured when one man dies. By the 3 million figure BD should have 9 million wounded people without a hand, a leg, an eye or any other limb. We do not find any and it was not to be found after 1971. In contrast, go to Vietnam. You will still find millions of those people, and millions of skulls of the deads. Just do not make all these Indian crap any more.

Are you a kindergaten child doing all those maths? Can you answer if one bullet fire kills one bird, then how many birds will be killed by 3 million bullet fires? We are fed up with the low calibre Indians. Just get lost to oblivion along with your blood-sucking country.

Al Zakira,

Do not call razakar any one when he is telling the truth. A man does not have to agree to Indian accounts every time. Indian design is to keep the distance between Bd and Pakistan. But, we will not let that happen the way you want. There were vast number of killings, but it was never 1 or 3 million. It was much much less than 1 lakh. Nevertheless, it was a big killing. You have no right to call our citizen razakar. Razakars are those who are the lackyes of India.

But, why the Indians are so eager to establish a figure that was not even circulated by the the biased propaganda machine of India when the war was going on? Truth must prevail. BD is a reality and it cannot be undone only because the death figures vary.
Obviously you don't understand what 'disclaimer' means. If you did, then you would have realized that my intention was not to establish any figure. I was merely providing a counter to the proposition that such high casualty figure is impossible to achieve by PA during 9+ months of mayhem. The Hutus of Rwanda were able to achieve such feat with a fraction of the resources available to PA during 1971.

In any war, more than three people are injured when one man dies. By the 3 million figure BD should have 9 million wounded people without a hand, a leg, an eye or any other limb. We do not find any and it was not to be found after 1971. In contrast, go to Vietnam. You will still find millions of those people, and millions of skulls of the deads. Just do not make all these Indian crap any more.
Except that those deaths, whatever the number may be, occurred due to a concerted act of genocide and not as collateral in a war. Hence no one-eyed man or one-legged man. There are only dead men (and women) and a handful of lucky survivors. If you so desire I can provide eyewitness account of one PA operated extermination camp. You game?

Btw, I would love to see a reference to that fantastic ratio.

Are you a kindergaten child doing all those maths? Can you answer if one bullet fire kills one bird, then how many birds will be killed by 3 million bullet fires? We are fed up with the low calibre Indians. Just get lost to oblivion along with your blood-sucking country.
You do realize that the Rwandan genocide, which is a well recorded and well investigated event, had a similar death rate per day as East Pakistan of 1971. That rate was achieved by a rag tag militia as opposed to an organized military of Pakistan.

Do not call razakar any one when he is telling the truth. A man does not have to agree to Indian accounts every time. Indian design is to keep the distance between Bd and Pakistan. But, we will not let that happen the way you want. There were vast number of killings, but it was never 1 or 3 million. It was much much less than 1 lakh. Nevertheless, it was a big killing. You have no right to call our citizen razakar. Razakars are those who are the lackyes of India.

I have concluded that Bharatis are shameless creature. They have neither self respect nor knows how to respect other with different view. They also immune to accept the truth that goes against their interest. As a result I have try to ignore them low life. Hell with them cockroaches.

Back
Top Bottom