What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

@ all BD members

dont tango with Tiki Tam Tam. chinese members tried it and he made them cry. he became more chinese than the chinese themselves.

just a warning...

A veiled reference about me. There are many Indians leaving India for a better education in the USA and Europe so I guess they are all traitors and have no love for India. According to your logic they can never be experts on India and their opinion is worthless. That India is now doing well these foreign educated Indians want a piece of the pie and are therefore unpatriotic. Their hate for everything non-Indian is well documented.

I don't know where you get your sources from brother. I have grown up in over five countries myself and went to foreign schools and college. I have come across many Bangladeshis in college, and very few of them actually go back to their country. Instead they stay or migrate into some other country.

I don't know about Indians. But from the looks of things, most Indians who are educated in the West in fact go back to India; the complete opposite of what is happening in Bangladesh. And most Indians intend to go back to India.

Study finds most Indian graduate students in the US want to use their degrees back home - 1310News

This is one of the reasons why India is so much more advanced than Bangladesh right now. Sure there is corruption and grinding poverty in India, but that is a slightly different story.

Why is Bangladesh having a brain drain? It is mainly because of lack of commitment from top political and business leadership for the most part in pretty much every aspect of life in Bangladesh. Sure, there is the garments industry, but the rest of them? Needs a lot more improvement.

Dhaka is the worst capital city in the world according to The Economist.
Worst city in the world

As I said, it is all about commitment from the top level.

Think very carefully before you intellectually challenge people bro.

28475_1505365438578_1367521908_1330111_369544_n.jpg

^OMG that picture caused the s h i t to hit fan once!

You have to see it in different angle. Not a single attack was carried out in West Pakistan by Mukti Bahini. But West Pakistanis killed and million in East Pakistan by themselves and by their proxy Rajakars and Biharis. The retribution was natural and just.

Do you know, how many zero's in million. You are true follower of Mujib. You have no shame. Have some dignity and accept the new truth that is coming out now, which make more sense then Mujib and Bhartis fabricated BS number.

@ all BD members

dont tango with Tiki Tam Tam. chinese members tried it and he made them cry. he became more chinese than the chinese themselves.

just a warning...

My equation with Bangladeshi except the Razaakar and the Bihari fifth columnists are different.

They are OK chaps and one learns a lot about Bangladesh of today from them.

Do you know, how many zero's in million. You are true follower of Mujib. You have no shame. Have some dignity and accept the new truth that is comming out now, which make more sense then Mujib and Bhartis fabricated BS number.

Comming out like bumming along?

Haven't understood what is comming though it rhymes with bumming!!

I find you are flying the US flag. God help the Americans if your are a white collar worker with spellings like that!

The point he is trying to make is that some key people in both India and Bangladesh manipulate statistical facts during the Liberation War for their own benefit for control. The AL is one of them. The AL during the early days of Bangladesh was highly disorganized.

The AL leadership as it is now will not help solve any of Bangladesh's main problems at the moment. And certainly doesn't improve India's image in the eyes of many Bangladeshis living here. I have already described the nature of the problems in Bangladesh.

Since when did Al-Zakir threaten America's security? Just because you don't agree with him doesn't automatically mean he is a terrorist.

The point he is trying to make is that some key people in both India and Bangladesh manipulate statistical facts during the Liberation War for their own benefit for control. The AL is one of them. The AL during the early days of Bangladesh was highly disorganized.

The AL leadership as it is now will not help solve any of Bangladesh's main problems at the moment. And certainly doesn't improve India's image in the eyes of many Bangladeshis living here. I have already described the nature of the problems in Bangladesh.

Addressed to?

I don't know as to whom it was addressed to, but I will take a shy.

No, no one is saying Al Zakira is a terrorist. If he were, he would have been picked by the US Home Security. Since he is still posting, it means he is on the right side of the US authorities.

I don't know why AL is being said to have manipulated statistics.

Where was the requirement? They were riding high on emotions.

And since it appears that Mujib wanted Bangladesh to be a one party dictatorial regime, where was his requirement to manipulate anything?

Actually, what AL does or does not, is not material to India except the import of terrorists and illegal immigrants.

Otherwise, it does not concern or worry India as to how Bangladesh charts its destiny.

To be honest, I think you all overplay the interest India has in Bangladesh, just to massage your self imagined importance.

None, except Bengalis of India, are concerned what is happening in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is no threat to India nor is anywhere close to being a competitor either.

So, why should India bother about what otherwise is inconsequential?

Of course, at the same time, one wishes Bangladesh all the best, for after all who wants a neighbour who is a source of problems for the neighbourhood.

I am not being rude, but that is what is the honest truth,

Comming out like bumming along?

Haven't understood what is comming though it rhymes with bumming!!

I find you are flying the US flag. God help the Americans if your are a white collar worker with spellings like that!

what about india if they have professionals like you??:lol:

I don't know as to whom it was addressed to, but I will take a shy.

No, no one is saying Al Zakira is a terrorist. If he were, he would have been picked by the US Home Security. Since he is still posting, it means he is on the right side of the US authorities.

I don't know why AL is being said to have manipulated statistics.

Where was the requirement? They were riding high on emotions.

And since it appears that Mujib wanted Bangladesh to be a one party dictatorial regime, where was his requirement to manipulate anything?

Actually, what AL does or does not, is not material to India except the import of terrorists and illegal immigrants.

Otherwise, it does not concern or worry India as to how Bangladesh charts its destiny.

To be honest, I think you all overplay the interest India has in Bangladesh, just to massage your self imagined importance.

None, except Bengalis of India, are concerned what is happening in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is no threat to India nor is anywhere close to being a competitor either.

So, why should India bother about what otherwise is inconsequential?

Of course, at the same time, one wishes Bangladesh all the best, for after all who wants a neighbour who is a source of problems for the neighbourhood.

I am not being rude, but that is what is the honest truth,

Sorry my bad on the first part of my post.

Yeah, the AL was riding high on emotions. And they still do. What was his requirement to manipulate anything? Maybe it is all about control. Or, it could have been an honest mistake. It was stated that he mistakenly said 3 million instead of 300,000 people killed. Maybe that is what happened. All in the books of classes now.

People now believe that 3 million people died. Even now, international sources say that actual figure vary wildly between 300,000 to 3 million. There clearly was an issue of misinformation at the time. And for some reason, Bangladeshi leaders are reluctant to correct or see into it. I think they are too busy cussing at others.

I have also heard that history in the classes of Pakistan over the events of 1971 are different from the rest of the world. All for the sake of patriotism. That isn't so nice now is it?

Sorry if I didn't provide enough evidence to prove just how oppressive Mujib's sons were, but this partly shows it:
http://www.inewsone.com/2011/03/15/ziaur-rahman-passively-involved-in-mujib-murder-us-scribe/35642

Zia himself was reluctant to protect Mujib. He should have fled to India when he had the chance.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth really as to how many died. I didn't see any international trails over the matter due to complexities of the Cold War. No point in whining over it. I think it is best to move on.

Fair enough about India. The AL always have good relations with India though.

Back
Top Bottom