What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly more upset at OP's hatred of hands rather than Arabic language.

Do you think this would be good a trigger picture, an Arab and hands all rolled in to one. Arab hands. The ultimate nationalist slayer.

8626613-An-arab-or-ethnic-man-shrugging-or-communcating-with-hands-out-White-background--Stock-Photo.jpg

The Quran says "read read read" it doesn't say listen to something you don't understand 5 times a day just to "feel good". There is something seriously wrong going on as it is right now.

We could always keep the original arabic versions, and if someone wants to read it they can do so. But forcing people to listen to something they don't even understand is just crazy. And yes I'm a muslim.
People can learn its meanings. Btw, every Muslim should learn enough Arabic to understand the Holy Quran. I'm learning it despite being busy with my business and in life. However if some one totally incapable of Arabic (mentally retarded or handicapped) then learning the translation of Adhan is not so difficult. Otherwise there will be thousands of versions of Athan.

Athan is such a beautiful call for prayer that is same from Indonesia to USA. So if a Pakistani goes to Indonesia, when he hears the Athan, he can recognise it easily thus every Muslim can find a masjid and prayer regardless of the local language and or culture with jamaat (congregation). Islam wants to bring Muslims together that is why we have same greeting "Assalamu Alykum" throughout the world. We are a part of one big beautiful family called Islam.

Ofcourse.
Wherever anyone needs someone to blame it's Pakistan.

We are like the jews of the Muslim world.
Jews are smart you could have hit it worse, Turks are scape goat of the world.

Why should I learn arabic, it does look like imposing their language on us.

Look at the christians in the USA do they listen to the bible old testament in hebrew?

No they read and listen in english.

What makes arabic so great?

The english language has over 700,000 words in it and is understood by most people on earth, would make more sense to have it in english because the sheer number of words in the english language would mean we could understand each phrase better.

I just don't see the logic, seems more like politics imposing the arabic language on us.
Every religion including Islam imposes a lot of stuff. Islam means submission to Allah's will. Islam imposes five daily prayers, fasting, zakat and Hajj on all its able followers so that is the part and parcel of embracing Islam. Don't give an example of Christianity that has failed and the numbers of its followers are dwindling fast around the globe. Churches are getting closed or sold around the globe because there are no members. The main reason is the bible has contradictions in its translations and educated people in the world find it unbelievable so they are leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom