What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread supports my argument that in Islam, there is no place for nationalism. But, Islam promotes Patriotism. Anyway, Please understand that discussing religion here will only being more trouble. It will be better if you ask your questions and reservations to an Islamic Scholar and seek his guidance.

Religious topics are not allowed to be discussed in PDF. Thread should be eliminated!

lolz eating with hands is advantage and reccomended as it can help reduce burns on lips if one were to eat with cutlery.

its like people copying western toilets in the other parts of the world because they think its progress, when scientist in the west have discovered squatting toilet is better for body.

Thier is alot of things in the western world which will mess up your health up over time.

lolz eating with hands is advantage and reccomended as it can help reduce burns on lips if one were to eat with cutlery.

its like people copying western toilets in the other parts of the world because they think its progress, when scientist in the west have discovered squatting toilet is better for body.

Thier is alot of things in the western world which will mess up your health up over time.

Stop writing in Arabic. I can't understand

I want to ask you guys if the Turks and the Turkish language (like all other people and languages on this Earth and the Earth itself) are also made by Allah's will? If the answer is "yes" then where is the problem to pray and to talk to him in Turkish, a language that He himself created?

And please don't use arguments like "Arabic is very complicated and beautiful language which when translated into other language can have an absolutely different meaning". There is absolutely perfect translations of the Quran in all languages you can imagine which you can understand just fine so don't try to act more Catholic than the Pope. Plus I know that most of you wanna-be Arabs around here and in general don't even understand arabic yourselves... yet you wet your pants every time an Arab swears at your wife on the street. :D

ps I have nothing against the Ezan and the Prayers being in Arabic but if you guys like to keep it all traditional like Islam was then why don't all mosques just go with a Muezzins calling for prayer from the minaret instead of a loud speakers who disturb everyone.

Excellent thoughts there. I hope Turkiye can show the way in this regard to other non-Arab Islamic nations like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.
The call to prayer was Turkish for a while but it turned out to be a mistake. Not reading our history and repeating this mistake would be rather dumb on our part.

I hear the call to prayer daily, and I see turkish people hearing it too. What we all have in common is we don't understand it!
You do realize you can look up the translation right? It's not like Arabic or the call to prayer is encrypted or anything. If you want to understand it, then simply read the translation. You can look up the translation on the spot with your phone as well.

By the way, this is what I hate about Turkey man. Why does everything have to be Turkish spoken? I'm talking about especially foreign movies. They always dub these movies, and the dubs are just of terrible quality compared to the original. Subtitles should be standard (like here in the Netherlands). That is actually how I learned to speak English at a young age. In Turkey they dub every foreign spoken movie out there, and then they complain about why so many students struggle with English.

Learning a new language, being exposed to different languages and cultures broadens one's horizons.
Re-dubbing everything only contributes to the dumbing down of the people.

I want to ask you guys if the Turks and the Turkish language (like all other people and languages on this Earth and the Earth itself) are also made by Allah's will? If the answer is "yes" then where is the problem to pray and to talk to him in Turkish, a language that He himself created?

And please don't use arguments like "Arabic is very complicated and beautiful language which when translated into other language can have an absolutely different meaning". There is absolutely perfect translations of the Quran in all languages you can imagine which you can understand just fine so don't try to act more Catholic than the Pope. Plus I know that most of you wanna-be Arabs around here and in general don't even understand arabic yourselves... yet you wet your pants every time an Arab swears at your wife on the street. :D

ps I have nothing against the Ezan and the Prayers being in Arabic but if you guys like to keep it all traditional like Islam was then why don't all mosques just go with a Muezzins calling for prayer from the minaret instead of a loud speakers who disturb everyone.

My answer is YES.

The problem would not be arabic if all of humanity were saints and wanted nothing bad.

But the way the world is where countries want influence over other countries then it's a must to be careful and have these things in your own language. It can be called nationalism, but it's also protecting your kind/country/culture.

But the main point of the thread is that 99,95% of Turks in Turkey do not understand the arabic language. Thus the whole situation makes us act irrational, no logic at all.

The call to prayer was Turkish for a while but it turned out to be a mistake. Not reading our history and repeating this mistake would be rather dumb on our part.

You do realize you can look up the translation right? It's not like Arabic or the call to prayer is encrypted or anything. If you want to understand it, then simply read the translation. You can look up the translation on the spot with your phone as well.

By the way, this is what I hate about Turkey man. Why does everything have to be Turkish spoken? I'm talking about especially foreign movies. They always dub these movies, and the dubs are just of terrible quality compared to the original. Subtitles should be standard (like here in the Netherlands). That is actually how I learned to speak English at a young age. In Turkey they dub every foreign spoken movie out there, and then they complain about why so many students struggle with English.

Learning a new language, being exposed to different languages and cultures broadens one's horizons.
Re-dubbing everything only contributes to the dumbing down of the people.

What happened why didn't call to prayer in turkish work in the past?

Why should I be forced to learn arabic, I'm turkish.

I agree on the movies, they are better in english. That's why I go to turkish movie sites online and always select "undertext" :)

People cook food by hand, but eating with your hands is primative. Lmao

This guy is very logical.

Do you lick your fingers everytime you touch the products you are cooking? Are you washing them hands? If you are a good cook who respects the food of course you will wash your hands and will try to keep it as sterile as you can. How do you stir the food while it cooks though- you do it with bare hands it seems or not? You would probably use tools to handle extremely hot and boiling food in the oven.

Excuse me but using bare hands while eating rice or other such foods from the same pan with a dozen other people is disgusting, primitive and disrespectful to the food itself. There are forks and spoons for that job. Of course sometimes you can eat by using your hands- while eating chicken or fish for example, or while eating foods which don't require using utensils- like fast food, snacks, fruits etc.

Do you lick your fingers everytime you touch the products you are cooking? Are you washing them hands? If you are a good cook who respects the food of course you will wash your hands and will try to keep it as sterile as you can. How do you stir the food while it cooks though- you do it with bare hands it seems or not? You would probably use tools to handle extremely hot and boiling food in the oven.

Excuse me but using bare hands while eating rice or other such foods from the same pan with a dozen other people is disgusting, primitive and disrespectful to the food itself. There are forks and spoons for that job. Of course sometimes you can eat by using your hands- while eating chicken or fish for example, or while eating foods which don't require using utensils- like fast food, snacks, fruits etc.

You must be a very sheltered momma's boy. When we skewer meat and make kebabs in Pakistan we use our hands. When we plate them we push them off using our hands. When we eat them we eat them with bread and our hands.

Of course people wash their hands before cooking or eating. That is just common sense.

I guess you European Turks are more sophisticated than us barbaric Pakistanis. I'm sure you guys eat pizza with forks and knives as well.

Because a big majority thinks that Arabic is some kind of a holy language and even talkig sh.t about it is a sin.

And a small minority thinks that promoting your own identity and culture would harm Islam. Thats pretty much how whoever got a touch of Islam has quickly lost much of their original culture. Kizil Arslans and İnanç Bilges has become Abdullahs and Mahmuds. Kalpaks and börks has become turbans. everyday words has been changed to Arabic equivalents.

You must be a very sheltered momma's boy. When we skewer meat and make kebabs in Pakistan we use our hands. When we plate them we push them off using our hands. When we eat them we eat them with bread and our hands.

Of course people wash their hands before cooking or eating. That is just common sense.

I guess you European Turks are more sophisticated than us barbaric Pakistanis. I'm sure you guys eat pizza with forks and knives as well.

:yes4:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom