What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be a very sheltered momma's boy. When we skewer meat and make kebabs in Pakistan we use our hands. When we plate them we push them off using our hands. When we eat them we eat them with bread and our hands.

Of course people wash their hands before cooking or eating. That is just common sense.

I guess you European Turks are more sophisticated than us barbaric Pakistanis. I'm sure you guys eat pizza with forks and knives as well.

Dude it's just not possible.

It's like saying gulaab jamun choori kaante ke sath.

In Turkish.

Eating a baklava with hands and licking the syrup.

Why dont you guys just understand that if you want to qualify one call to prayer as Adhan it must be in arabic and the prayer must be in arabic as it is order. No one is making you by force to pray or to learn arabic. You can be muslim you can be atheist you can be christian or jew. Just accept that the majority of the population in Turkey is qualifying themselves as muslims and I am sure as a muslims they would want to take sawab in the same time as they are calling people to prayer. I cant help you with that the majority of turks are muslim and the call to prayer is in the best form from religious point in view a.k.a Adhan a.k.a in arabic. Send a message to Mr. Erdogan and tell him that you dont like the call of prayer in arabic and dont want to know what it means and you want referendum on that last. I am sure you will lose by the way.

Come on OP this isn't a big issue just a 1 sec google search got me this.

The following is the Arabic transliteration and the English translation of what you hear:

Allahu Akbar
God is Great
(said four times)

Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
(said two times)

Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
(said two times)

Hayya 'ala-s-Salah
Hurry to the prayer (Rise up for prayer)
(said two times)

Hayya 'ala-l-Falah
Hurry to success (Rise up for Salvation)
(said two times)

Allahu Akbar
God is Great
[said two times]

La ilaha illa Allah
There is no god except the One God

For the pre-dawn (fajr) prayer, the following phrase is inserted after the fifth part above, towards the end:

As-salatu Khayrun Minan-nawm
Prayer is better than sleep
(said two times)

Now you will know what is being said when you will hear these words and people here created a 200 post thread :disagree:

But im hungry.
18fbdf2260d46de64fcd9bfa6cb3fc10.jpg

Nihari ;)

I guess you European Turks are more sophisticated than us barbaric Pakistanis. I'm sure you guys eat pizza with forks and knives as well.

People eat Burgers with forks and knives here ffs.

But mostly knives/fork/spoon > hands. But not with sucuklu yumurta.

Sucuklu-yumurta-800x600.jpg

When did Turkey came under British rule. Holy crap i missed through a history lesson again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom