What's new

Tarana-e-Hind ( Urdu: "Anthem of the People of Hindustan)

lol then why did he wrote hindi hain hum hindostan hamara.... He would have writter pak.. Hain hum pakistan hamara

why some people are ignorant here of the history? let me breakdown this in to points

1. Poem written in 1904 when hindus and muslims were jointly struggling for a Independent India.

2. Mohammad Ali Jinnah Struggle Bring closer The muslim league and congress in 1916. I think through Lucknow Pact

3. In 1920's and 1930's the attitude of Hindus made Muslims demand a separate nation.

4. The same Iqbal in his famous sermon of Allah Bad in 1930 Demanded " A separate state for muslims"

5. The name "Pakistan" was suggested in 1930's and was officially opted in 1940's

Last but not the least, Indians Member should ponder why Iqbal demanded a Separate muslim state despite of struggling for a Greater Hindustan

Thank You.

why some people are ignorant here of the history? let me breakdown this in to points

1. Poem written in 1904 when hindus and muslims were jointly struggling for a Independent India.

2. Mohammad Ali Jinnah Struggle Bring closer The muslim league and congress in 1916. I think hrough Lucknow Pact

3. In 1920's and 1930's the attitude of Hindus made Muslims demand a separate nation.

4. The same Iqbal in his famous sermon of Allah Bad in 1930 Demanded " A separate state for muslims"

5. The name "Pakistan" was suggested in 1930's and was officially opted in 1940's

Last but not the least, Indians Member should ponde why Iqbal demanded a Separate muslim state despite of struggling for a Greater Hindustan

Thank You.

For simple reason that he was scared that we will dominate you guys

For simple reason that he was scared that we will dominate you guys

He knew, the traits of Hindu, as when they dominate Muslims, what will happen to them. that's why he was scared,

huhhhhhh????? iqbal is indian poet, buddy, iqbal was born and died inside pakistan!!!!

cool advise for your mind.
1) Make possible to drink 12 glass of water now days....
2) Avoids to night movies...
3) It is best for innocent child's to check the doctor properly....
:cool:

2. Mohammad Ali Jinnah Struggle Bring closer The muslim league and congress in 1916. I think hrough Lucknow Pact
More or less correct here, although Tarani-e-Hind and his other poem Hindustani Bacchon ki Qaumi geet and other poems were published and popularised in 1924 which is much later.

There was no demand of a seperate state for Muslims in any possible way in the 1920s and certainly not by Iqbal in the 1930s either.

Read his Allahbad speech of 1930, no where does he mentioned about a seperate state. Infact, he calls present day Pakistanis -North West INDIAN muslims. Do read the entire speech carefully and you will clearly see that there was no demand for an independant state but only about a muslim majority state within India. In 1930, there was no state that had a clear muslim majority because of the way British India administered its provinces.
Presidential Address, annual session of the All-India Muslim League, Allahabad, December 1930, by Sir Muhammad Iqbal

It was suggested by Chadary Rahmat Ali who was a stundent in Britain and was hardly present in India. Infact, Chaudary Rehmat Ali in the end was very critical of Jinnah and considered him a traitor-possibly because he felt he was not given enough importance. Currently he is buried in Britain.

Last but not the least, Indians Member should ponde why Iqbal demanded a Separate muslim state despite of struggling for a Greater Hindustan

Thank You.
Maybe its time to learn the fact that there was never an explicity demand for a seperate state by Iqbal. Only a muslim majority autonomous state within India. Please do read the 1930- speech which it seems most Pakistanis and even Indians unfortuantely are unaware.
Even though Pakistan concept was known in the 1930s, Iqbal never used it in his speeches or writings. As Ayesha Jalal also mentioned, even Jinnah never articulated the creation of a seperate state until after 1940 and even then he was inclined to give up that demand.

Anyways, I think this was a thread only about poetry from Iqbal. If you read his other works there are many poems for example in praise of Ram who he calls Imam-e-Hind like
Labreiz Hai Sharaabe haqeeqat se Jaame hind.
Sab falsafi Hain Khitai Maghrib ke Raame Hind .
Hai Raam Ke wajood Pe Hindostaan ko Naaz,
Ahle Nazar Samjhatein hain Unko Imaame Hind.

The cup of India is full to its brim with the wine of truth.
The thinkers of west actually reflect the philosophy of Rama.
India is proud that Rama existed,
thinkers and philosophers consider him spritual leader of Hind.

To understand Iqbal, you have to look at his works in totality. Otherwise, people read parts of his works and put him in boxes of their own convenience.
Yahoo! Groups

More or less correct here, although Tarani-e-Hind and his other poem Hindustani Bacchon ki Qaumi geet and other poems were published and popularised in 1924 which is much later.

There was no demand of a seperate state for Muslims in any possible way in the 1920s and certainly not by Iqbal in the 1930s either.

Read his Allahbad speech of 1930, no where does he mentioned about a seperate state. Infact, he calls present day Pakistanis -North West INDIAN muslims. Do read the entire speech carefully and you will clearly see that there was no demand for an independant state but only about a muslim majority state within India. In 1930, there was no state that had a clear muslim majority because of the way British India administered its provinces.
Presidential Address, annual session of the All-India Muslim League, Allahabad, December 1930, by Sir Muhammad Iqbal

It was suggested by Chadary Rahmat Ali who was a stundent in Britain and was hardly present in India. Infact, Chaudary Rehmat Ali in the end was very critical of Jinnah and considered him a traitor-possibly because he felt he was not given enough importance. Currently he is buried in Britain.

Maybe its time to learn the fact that there was never an explicity demand for a seperate state by Iqbal. Only a muslim majority autonomous state within India. Please do read the 1930- speech which it seems most Pakistanis and even Indians unfortuantely are unaware.
Even though Pakistan concept was known in the 1930s, Iqbal never used it in his speeches or writings. As Ayesha Jalal also mentioned, even Jinnah never articulated the creation of a seperate state until after 1940 and even then he was inclined to give up that demand.

Anyways, I think this was a thread only about poetry from Iqbal. If you read his other works there are many poems for example in praise of Ram who he calls Imam-e-Hind like
Labreiz Hai Sharaabe haqeeqat se Jaame hind.
Sab falsafi Hain Khitai Maghrib ke Raame Hind .
Hai Raam Ke wajood Pe Hindostaan ko Naaz,
Ahle Nazar Samjhatein hain Unko Imaame Hind.

The cup of India is full to its brim with the wine of truth.
The thinkers of west actually reflect the philosophy of Rama.
India is proud that Rama existed,
thinkers and philosophers consider him spritual leader of Hind.

To understand Iqbal, you have to look at his works in totality. Otherwise, people read parts of his works and put him in boxes of their own convenience.
Yahoo! Groups

EjazR. the incidents of 1920's that i'm talking about is 14 Points of Jinnah a constitutional reform plan to safeguard the political rights of Muslims in a self-governing India. But it was rejected by Congress party, i think it was nehru who opposed it.

I agree that Iqbal proposed a muslim stat within a Independent India

and later on the round table conferences where again Hindu Muslim intrests conflicted and Jinnah left India and went to London, where again Iqbal, made efforts and bought Jinnah back to India.

I think the elections of 1937 which brought the Hindu Majority in Government were the main factor which changed the mind of Muslims to get a Separate country.

@mafiya
The 14 points was proposed in 1929 by Jinnah. The Nehru report was chaired by Motilal Nehru but had atleast 2 Muslim members in the drafting committee. Infact, a lot of his 14 points were actually incorporated in the Nehru report except the point about seperate electorates. In its place the concept of reserved consitituencies was mooted.
Read the excerpts of the report here http://sites.google.com/site/cabinetmissionplan/nehru-report-1928-excerpts

Infact, the Hindu Mahasabha faction within the Congress and outside it was also a vocal critic of the Nehru report alongwith the ML. And in 1929-30 was that around this time when most of the Congress leaders were in Londong for the Round Table conference, the Nehru report was voted to be rejected which led to bitterness as well.

It is unfortunate that some websites, particularly Pakistani govt. sponsored ones give a wrong impression of the Nehru report. If you read it from the source you will better know what it contained.

Anyways, I don't want to go offtopic here, if you want to discuss more just PM me.

Iqbal just elaborated one concept of Islam in this poem, so if Hindus want to own Islamic concepts who can stop them to be subservient?

Back
Top Bottom