What's new

How Urdu language was imposed on the people of Punjab by the British colonialists

Sometimes the clashes are required to defend one's identity but the people of Punjab during 1849 to 1900 let the British colonialists to f*** up their language, culture and society from both outer as well as inner sphere. No other region under British colonialists suffered so much linguistic and cultural humiliation that was meted out to the people of Punjab to destroy their centuries old social norms, culture and ethos.
It was same everywhere and the fault lies with People of Subcontinent itself.
You should see what japan did in korea

Sometimes the clashes are required to defend one's identity but the people of Punjab during 1849 to 1900 let the British colonialists to f*** up their language, culture and society from both outer as well as inner sphere. No other region under British colonialists suffered so much linguistic and cultural humiliation that was meted out to the people of Punjab to destroy their centuries old social norms, culture and ethos. The evil British colonialists treated people of Punjab as guinea pigs for their "Urdu experimentation".
That happened with whole of sub-continent.

I find it funny actually. In another thread, Pakistanis are saying how Urdu is great and over here you are saying Urdu should not have been national language of Pakistan. Just reinforces my opinion that there is a lot of confusion in Pakistan as compared to India.

Confusion about what? Language is an interesting issue in many societies, in Europe you can have countries where people are speaking 3 native languages from a young age. In India you have friction as the Centre wants to create India as a unitary state with Hindi as the national language.

even then its wrong. British colonial history puts it at 5000. locals put it at 125000.

he mentioned not land but country of Pakistan. a deplorable fan made a thread on pdf too. look it up

1 if you go in relgious terms.
Prophet Adam was Muslim, Pakistan was created for Muslims ?. so in that senes Pakistan is much much older
Coming back to your point
But did locals had the expertise to verify that no ?. Who did Western scientists
What about the current Pakistani archaeologist, last time it checked it was date 5000 ish ?.

1 if you go in relgious terms.
Prophet Adam was Muslim, Pakistan was created for Muslims ?. so in that senes Pakistan is much much older
Coming back to your point
But did locals had the expertise to verify that no ?. Who did Western scientists
What about the current Pakistani archaeologist, last time it checked it was date 5000 ish ?.

that is not true. how come i trust the colonials and their study when living speaking evidence says 125000?

I once saw on national television that Adam was born in Sri Lanka and they showed even a foot mark which they claimed belonged to Adam.

I am discussing the political terms and interpretation of a political party who envisions to rewrite the Pakistan movement and history not even 72 years old.

I find it funny actually. In another thread, Pakistanis are saying how Urdu is great and over here you are saying Urdu should not have been national language of Pakistan. Just reinforces my opinion that there is a lot of confusion in Pakistan as compared to India.
i did't gone through any other similar thread though... .they have mentioned their opinion and mentioned mine in a family all brothers could have different opinion and choices its not a big deal diversity make this world beautiful

That happened with whole of sub-continent.
Some people mostly Desi liberals talk as if Punjabi is a dialect of Farsi and Urdu is Tamil
If you ask from punjabis how many languages you know most of them would tell 1
People consider Urdu and punjabi as same language
Language spoken in western areas of Pakistani Punjab is different from Urdu but language of eastern areas is very similar to Urdu

May I ask what language should have been made the national language of Pakistan? Farsi? Uzbeki Turkish??? Punjabi?
when pakistan came in to being, people of all provinces were using their own languages but then instead of Trukish at start and later Farsi language which were the court languages of india under Mughal empire, our leaders picked up Urdu, and during last 75 years muslim rulers languages were wiped out by our govts and brought urdu to connect us back to india, it was one hell of a mistake, now our TV media and everything is almost under indian cultural influence, just because we speak almost same language... what was bad in it if they picked up Arabic or Farsi or even Trukish as their National language ???? but sad our that time leaders associated themselves again with india

Some people mostly Desi liberals talk as if Punjabi is a dialect of Farsi and Urdu is Tamil
If you ask from punjabis how many languages you know most of them would tell 1
People consider Urdu and punjabi as same language
Language spoken in western areas of Pakistani Punjab is different from Urdu but language of eastern areas is very similar to Urdu
In all of Pakistani languages Punjabi is nearest to Urdu.

May I ask what language should have been made the national language of Pakistan? Farsi? Uzbeki Turkish??? Punjabi?
for centuries, court language of subcontinent was Farsi, all hysterical buildings carry farsi and arabic writings, but irony is .. our people domestically speak their local languages i mean in street of lahore punjabi is the common one,in families they speak Urdu, in office and education we use english, and we offer our prayers in Arabic and list goes on

Last edited:
In all of Pakistani languages Punjabi is nearest to Urdu.
Ap jaisay jaisay east main jatay Hain punjabi Urdu sa closer hoti jaati hai
Bhakkar is last district of Punjab in straight line with Lahore it's language is saraiki as you go eastwards it becomes standard majhi punjabi in further east it becomes Urdu

Back
Top Bottom