What's new

Urdu belongs to India, not Pakistan : Javed Akhtar

You guys should drag them out of their houses and send them towards Wagah.
Dude, you have no idea. Look at the condition of that country. I’m in the US, but the I see the massive cuckness in Pakistan, it shames me to see this. The same people then project their insecurities on others and gaslight them. It’s anything goes.

Urdu is an international language in regional sense which can be understood from by people from Afghanistan all the way to Burma and by large diaspora of those regions overseas, specially in Mideast where majority are expats.

… and for that reason Bangalis (local language) were wrong for bringing up language issue.

Ranjeet Singh's nut suckers in Pakistan the true Pajeets, would agree with their Hindutva and khalsa brethren on this account.

If urdu belongs to India, it must be written in an Indian script, not a foreign script.

Will the "atheist" javed akhtar agree to that ? I bet he wont.

I don't like Urdu anyways, it's good that over time people realize it's a Hindustani language

Last edited:
A lot of Pakistanis would try to talk to me in Urdu but I refuse. Either you speak Punjabi or English with me. If you know Arabic, Farsi or Turkish, even they are acceptable. At least those languages shaped our religion, local languages and culture. Urdu is a Hindustani language. That dude is not wrong about that.

Interesting how we totally ignore the history and quarrel about non issues such as the origin of a language, a custom, a dish or a garment etc. Urdu has been written as early as the 12th century, long before the modern state of India was established. It belonged to the Muslims of the region between Delhi and Lucknow. Unlike Hindi which is based on Sanskrit and Prakrit, Urdu heavily relies on Persian, Arabic and Turkish vocabulary; Most of the words are alien to the subcontinent.

Urdu in India is also associated with Islam hence avoided by the ever growing Hindu nationalists. Mr Akhtar should worry about the existence and continuation of this linguistic gem rather than making political claims to please his masters. Urdu is pride of Pakistan and it's widely accepted, loved and respected by all Urdu and non Urdu speaking communities in Pakistan.
Its grammar, phonology, and most of its most of its lexicon are derived from Sanskrit. If you remove them with only words are left and the language do not exist.

Last edited:
Ranjeet Singh's nut suckers in Pakistan the true Pajeets, would agree with their Hindutva and khalsa brethren on this account.

Many members have complained about your posts degrading Punjabi people. Who are you referring to regarding this? Most Punjabis are die hard patriots.
No I'm not Punjabi either before you write that.

By this logic, Hinduism is a Pakistani religion.

You have named your country after a river belonging to your primary adversary which you cope about.

And secondly those names hold historical and religious significance to Pakistan and the geographical region. Unlike you we don't have a collective psychee of coping and seething about these people. Neither is the name of such significance to begin with, can easily be changed.

Well he is correct but Urdu is a very unique circumstance if you look up its origins, it is the product of Islamic conquests of Hindustan, so it is linked to religion inherently.

"The earliest linguistic influences in the development of Urdu probably began with the Muslim conquest of Sindh in 711. The language started evolving from Farsi and Arabic contacts during the invasions of the Indian subcontinent by Persian and Turkic forces from the 11th century onward. Urdu developed more decisively during the Delhi Sultanate (1206--1526) and the Mughal Empire (1526--1858). When the Delhi Sultanate expanded south to the Deccan Plateau, the literary language was influenced by the languages spoken in the south, by Punjabi and Haryanvi, and by Sufi and court usage. The earliest verse dates to the 15th century, and the golden period of Urdu poetry was the 18th--19th centuries."

Hi,

I beleive that they name their country" BHARAT"---. The related to the river was given by outsiders to the region of Indus Valley civi---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom