What's new

Why Pakistan Needs Language Laws

Pakistan mai insaano ke liye koi law nai hai, isko Language ke liye Law chaiye, there is only one law that every Pakistani gets and that is " In Laws ", Kaam chalao ini se.

Language is the soul of a people. A nation that surrenders its language is beneath contempt.

Recently the Italian government introduced a policy of banning English word in government.

Not only Italy, but the Netherlands also. France has a long history of protecting French language, which has spilled over into Canada’s French speaking province also.

India however seems to be playing with fire - they seem more interested in enforcing Hindi rather than protecting languages.

Have you noticed that not a single white country has surrendered its language. I was in Lithuania a few year ago. Population about 3 million.

Official language= Lithuanian
Medium of education = Lithuanian
Language on media= Lithuanian.

All signs = in Lithuanian

Exactly. And what I’ve noticed is that if you’re a foreigner, they expect YOU to speak their language. Even tourists aren’t spared from this.

They are not chutiyas like us that like to lick the feet of every tourist that comes to Pakistan.

OH PLEEZ CAME SAAR. VEE R UUR HOST.

Funny enough, I remember a Japanese tourist couple visiting Lahore a few years ago. I was impressed with the fact he actually took the time out to learn basic Urdu phrases.

When he was in public trying to look for directions (wanted to go to Lahore Fort)…he literally asked in Urdu (with his strong Japanese accent) to a group of people.

And our chutiya Lahore awam replied back in English so proudly….

OH NO SAAR UUUUU HAV TOOOO GO DISS VAYYY…..HI SAAAR.I VILL SHO UUUU….

The poor Japanese man was confused because he didn’t know English.

I realized this right off the bat and stepped in and replied back to him in Urdu and essentially said take the Metrobus and it’ll drop you off at so and so station.

They bowed and said بہت بہت شکریہ

I just looked at the others in disgust and continued on my way.

I never felt so embarassed in my life.

The darker skinned a country, the more important English becomes.

Exactly this. East Africa has the same problem….if English medium was the prereq to becoming a developed country then Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Uganda would all be superpowers right now. Special shout-out to Nigeria and South Africa.

If you want Pakistan to adopt a foreign language then why adopt Farsi, a language that's useless for us? Why not adopt English instead as it actually offers immense benefits over both Arabic and Farsi?
No Farsi and arabic is still familiar to us, it was taught widely in secondary schools prior to and immediately after partition, 60-70 percent of the words in urdu are from either of these languages. The cultural and historical bond cannot be denied. Plus the transition would be that much easier. And no farsi at least is not a foreign language.

Lastly, benefit of farsi/arabic easily outweigh benefit from learning English. Most of Pakistan's diaspora is in ME and this connection as well as the quality of their stay in these countries would have been that much enhanced and productive had they all spoken arabic.

This is how transliteration and "Roman Urdu" have destroyed this language.

It's such a shame that many in Pakistan can't speak or write proper English, proper Urdu or their mother tongues. What results is a mix of all three into what I call "کھچڑی زبان".

When languages are not properly protected and taught, the result is this.

Behold the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority's "translation" of Islamabad International Airport!

View attachment 927932

The terms for international and airport ready exist in Urdu.
  • International = بین اقوامی (Bainul Aqwami)
  • Airport =ہوائی اڈے (Hawai Adda)
What’s the point of transliterating it? At this point why not abandon all these languages and just make English the official language? Why make a mockery? In comparison, here’s how our neighbouring languages behave.

Persian = فرودگاه بین‌المللی
Arabic = مطار الدولي
Turkish = Uluslararası Havalimanı
Chinese = 国际机场
Hindi = does the same stupidity as Urdu

Yes, this is actually a real photo. The CAA actually approved this translation. It makes me wonder what the average IQ is of the people running this government department.

Oh wait…nevermind.
View attachment 927933

And this nonsense is not an isolated incident. In 2018, the Citizens Archive of Pakistan inaugurated the "National History Museum" as the "نیشنل ہستورے میوزیم".

These words already exist in Urdu!
  • Museum =عجائب گھر (Ajaib Ghar)
  • National = قومی (Quami)
  • History = تاریخ (Tareekh)

Here’s the “Election Commission”…

View attachment 927934

And this is not just about Urdu...all our languages in Pakistan are under threat due to ignorance like this. The lack of ownership of our languages and lack of language laws results in this type of circus, where bastardisation is allowed to run rampant.

Even our urban neighbourhoods haven't been spared. Traditionally they have always been named to reflect our culture or history - places like Gulberg, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Nazimabad, Anarkali, Lyari, Faizabad etc. All these places have culture, history and soul about them.

Nowadays however, places like "Paragon City", "Eden Avenue", "Ideal Garden Housing Scheme", "DHA City", "Bahria Town", "Arian City", "Top City" seem to be the norm. Does this not seem problematic? "Bahria Town" is not actually a town, it's a private company named "Bahria Town Private Limited". Why are company names replacing the names of villages and localities which have stood for over 500 years? These names have no soul to them whatsoever. Despite the fact Urdu words already exist, the Anglo terms were adopted. For example, the word for TOWN in Urdu would be:
  • Abad (آباد)
  • Abadi (آبادی)
  • Pur (پور)
  • Pura (پورہ)
  • Mahalla (محله)
What are we telling the world when we disrespect our own languages? It tells the world we are a dead nation. When university is pronounced as "you nee vastee", you are essentially defining yourselves as an ignorant nation.

University = جامعہ not یونیورسٹی

View attachment 927935
Sign of cultural dilution. Japan had exactly the same problem in the 80's and 90's. Dubai is facing the same problems now. But Pakistan which is devoid of direct foreign influence especially when you compare it to say Japan and Dubai both are hubs of foreign trade, tourism and influence, Pakistan's exposure is more limited. Despite this, the language is under threat of becoming a watered down "Romaji."

Not only Italy, but the Netherlands also. France has a long history of protecting French language, which has spilled over into Canada’s French speaking province also.
French Canada almost broke away entirely to protect the French language.

India however seems to be playing with fire - they seem more interested in enforcing Hindi rather than protecting languages.

Exactly. And what I’ve noticed is that if you’re a foreigner, they expect YOU to speak their language. Even tourists aren’t spared from this.
French/Germans often pretend that they don't speak English even if they can, to tourists.
A Pakistani kala engraz friend of mine said, after visiting France, ' We don't realize how much we are still the slaves of the British until we leave Pakistan.'
They are not chutiyas like us that like to lick the feet of every tourist that comes to Pakistan.

OH PLEEZ CAME SAAR. VEE R UUR HOST.

Funny enough, I remember a Japanese tourist couple visiting Lahore a few years ago. I was impressed with the fact he actually took the time out to learn basic Urdu phrases.

When he was in public trying to look for directions (wanted to go to Lahore Fort)…he literally asked in Urdu (with his strong Japanese accent) to a group of people.

And our chutiya Lahore awam replied back in English so proudly….

OH NO SAAR UUUUU HAV TOOOO GO DISS VAYYY…..HI SAAAR.I VILL SHO UUUU….

The poor Japanese man was confused because he didn’t know English.

I realized this right off the bat and stepped in and replied back to him in Urdu and essentially said take the Metrobus and it’ll drop you off at so and so station.

They bowed and said بہت بہت شکریہ

I just looked at the others in disgust and continued on my way.

I never felt so embarassed in my life.
Japan, the technically most advanced country in the world, has zero English. Remember the Pakistani slave chant, '...there is no progress without English.'?
Exactly this. East Africa has the same problem….if English medium was the prereq to becoming a developed country then Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Uganda would all be superpowers right now. Special shout-out to Nigeria and South Africa.
Recently the Rwandan president gave a speech on how English worship is widespread in Africa, and how it is just a slave mindset.

Don’t comment on stuff you don‘t understand.

Seriously Pakistanis really are a shameless people. Look at the examples above and tell me how this is acceptable.

Just adopt English 100% and ban all other languages in Pakistan.

F**k off and remain slaves.

I’m so done with this country man.

Making Persian the official language of Pakistan could have occurred in 1947. At this point it’s way too late and I personally think it’s the wrong move, since Persian isn’t native to this land either.

HOWEVER, I do accept the fact Persian played a huge role in the development of Pakistan’s indigenous languages - and for that when having to choose between Persian and English, I’d choose Persian.

But in this day in age, it’s not possible.

Israel resurrected Hebrew from the dead in 1948 and look at them now. They modernized the language and constantly update the language with new words so the language doesn’t become a dumpster fire of foreign words.

Seriously, listen to Urdu spoken before and listen to Urdu spoken now by Pakistanis. It sounds horrible…a dumpster fire of poor Urdu grammar with English words.

Pakistan can do the same with Urdu, while the provinces exercise their 18th Amendment right.

Language boards in Pakistan should actually do their jobs and language laws should be enforced.

This is what all other countries do except Pakistan

It really comes down to inferiority complex.
Hi Child,

Slave is your frame of mind---it is your thinking that makes you do things---.

Did you know that our pioneer nuc engineers had " slave living conditions " in pakistan---. They were given conditions just like they had in the US, france or germany or UK---. Like a single family home---a bus picking them up from work and dropping them off---5 days work week---2 days off---9 am---5pm working hours---.

I do understand your bitterness---and I feel for it---. You are looking at your nation in shambles---being destroyed piece by a piece---in chunks large or small---.

Your backwardness is in the preachings of your religion---language just becomes a punching bag---. The religion being preached by the Mullahs---that banned the teaching of science---.

Urdu language is not going to do anything for you---the cause of your failures is elsewhere---you need to first acknowledge that---seek a cure---a language is just a way to communicate.

The language URDU is a part of the FAILURE of muslim empire in Indo Pak sub continent---.

They are no successes attached to Urdu language---just failure---failures---failures---.

Hi Child,

Did you know that our pioneer nuc engineers had " slave living conditions " in pakistan---. They were given conditions just like they had in the US, france or germany or UK---. Like a single family home---a bus picking them up from work and dropping them off---5 days work week---2 days off---9 am---5pm working hours---.

I do understand your bitterness---and I feel for it---. You are looking at your nation in shambles---being destroyed piece by a piece---in chunks large or small---.

Your backwardness is in the preachings of your religion---language just becomes a punching bag---. The religion being preached by the Mullahs---that banned the teaching of science---.

Urdu language is not going to do anything for you---the cause of your failures is elsewhere---you need to first acknowledge that---seek a cure---a language is just a way to communicate.

The language URDU is a part of the FAILURE of muslim empire in Indo Pak sub continent---.

They are no successes attached to Urdu language---just failure---failures---failures---.

The sooner your generation dies off the better.

Hopeless inferior complex in you.

Japan, the technically most advanced country in the world, has zero English. Remember the Pakistani slave chant, '...there is no progress without English.'?

Tell Mastan Phillips over here this.

Hi Child,

Spot on ….. As long as they our Pakistanis kids can speak English properly, who cares how many other languages they can speak? First, second, third language, just make sure you Pakistanis children can speak English properly living in this world. Help them get better prospects when leaving Pakistan for opportunities£ abroad.

Spot on ….. As long as they our Pakistanis kids can speak English properly, who cares how many other languages they can speak? First, second, third language, just make sure you Pakistanis children can speak English properly living in this world. Help them get better prospects when leaving Pakistan for opportunities£ abroad.

This is your level chutiye.

Chutiyas think speaking like a 711 Petro station attendant is going to "help them" go abroad.

Lmfao Pakistanis are f**King saddest bunch of f""ks I've ever seen.

You deserve everything that is happening to you.

Remain slaves BCo.

Making Persian the official language of Pakistan could have occurred in 1947. At this point it’s way too late and I personally think it’s the wrong move, since Persian isn’t native to this land either.

HOWEVER, I do accept the fact Persian played a huge role in the development of Pakistan’s indigenous languages - and for that when having to choose between Persian and English, I’d choose Persian.

But in this day in age, it’s not possible.

Israel resurrected Hebrew from the dead in 1948 and look at them now. They modernized the language and constantly update the language with new words so the language doesn’t become a dumpster fire of foreign words.

Seriously, listen to Urdu spoken before and listen to Urdu spoken now by Pakistanis. It sounds horrible…a dumpster fire of poor Urdu grammar with English words.

Pakistan can do the same with Urdu, while the provinces exercise their 18th Amendment right.

Language boards in Pakistan should actually do their jobs and language laws should be enforced.

This is what all other countries do except Pakistan

It really comes down to inferiority complex.

Good points but we have too many brown sahibs, and incompetent and useless educated class to make changes. The people in power couldn't care less, they want power and money, they will promote English just to please their masters. Believe me they give updates on what they're doing, all to get in their good books.

Language is the soul of a people. A nation that surrenders its language is beneath contempt.

Recently the Italian government introduced a policy of banning English word in government.

Have you noticed that not a single white country has surrendered its language. I was in Lithuania a few year ago. Population about 3 million.

Official language= Lithuanian
Medium of education = Lithuanian
Language on media= Lithuanian.

All signs = in Lithuanian

The darker skinned a country, the more important English becomes.

The lesson of history is that words spread and that it is futile to attempt to restrain them. Our own language is packed with invaders words introduced after the conquest. We don't seek to eradicate them

Good points but we have too many brown sahibs, and incompetent and useless educated class to make changes. The people in power couldn't care less, they want power and money, they will promote English just to please their masters. Believe me they give updates on what they're doing, all to get in their good books.

The first thing we have to do is address this issue. Before people weren't making an issue out of it.

Once it becomes an issue those with brains will naturally side with us.

Those too dumb to understand and want to remain slaves will continue arguing that speaking like a Kwik e Mart employee is somehow good.

Look at these two chutiyas defending Pakistan's current education system. They think our languages are inferior while their Indian pajeet accent English is great. Lmfao.

It is precisely the strength of English that they assimilate words and phrases from other languages, resulting in a vast and nuanced lexicon. Note the etymology of "nuance".

not an issue

It's not for Punjabis. Shahmukhi is all but extinct.

Sit tf down.

It is precisely the strength of English that they assimilate words and phrases from other languages, resulting in a vast and nuanced lexicon. Note the etymology of "nuance".

Cute story. I'm sure it had nothing to do with England's imperialist history.

Muppet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom