What's new

Roots of the identity crisis in Pakistan

Sure. Let’s find out:
Again, what is your point? Rubbing it in(so you can rub one out as the sole source of internal satisfaction) because things are already terrible for Pakistan?

The idea of the identity crisis has been discussed here to death since the formation of PDF in more colors and depth than your single copy paste of dawn articles by the Sindh club Karachi liberal group of 100 people.

It goes beyond just recognizing the overall history of the indus pre Islam and has to do with the amalgamation of Islam in India proper all the way to the “purist” split during mughal times that culminated in them calling Pakistan Na-Pakistan and then hypocritically migrating there to continue their brand. That brand being adopted by leadership in their dire effort to mix pan islamism with racial superiority tones leading to 71 and the overall grey identity situation Pakistan faces now.. but most if not all recognize that.. so what is your contribution to that existing discussion other than this article?

It’s okay if you find it disgusting. I personally find it logical because you can’t scientifically prove god’s existence. Now that’s a fact.
Science is not every thing to prove you typing this to your cellphone or PC these things have a creator similarly this whole universe also have a creator

Atheism is illogical you can't prove everything through science

The idea of the identity crisis has been discussed here to death since the formation of PDF in more colors and depth than your single copy paste of dawn articles by the Sindh club Karachi liberal group of 100 people.
May be it is. But then again, I find people here claiming to have ruled India, so this is for them. Someone needs to show them the reality.

If you not suffering from identity crisis, this isn’t for you.

Science is not every thing to prove you typing this to your cellphone or PC these things have a creator similarly this whole universe also have a creator

Atheism is illogical you can't prove everything through science
As much as I would like to answer it, let’s keep it for some other day as this isn’t a subject at hand. I’ll tag you whenever the opportunity arises.

Pakistan doesn't have an identity crisis. It's the islamists that have an identity crisis and this phenomenon is around the world regardless of their nationality. This has been discussed to death by me and others on here.

for me my identity is simple i am Pakistani back then and today, nothing more or less.

All religions are man made with fair amount of superstitions. You moved from Hindu superstitions to ‘flying horses’ and some imaginary ‘angels’. So all are same if you think about it, because it all comes down to belief which doesn’t require rationality.

That’s a different discussion though.

But hating your ancestors because they used to follow a different religion doesn’t make sense. Look at Indonesia, they still have idols on their currency notes.

Makes absolute sense,, Hinduism was disgusting and worthless

There is literally NOTHING about it that you could like of be proud of

Indonesians themselves don't give a monkey fcuk about it

But today's enmity with India/Hindus pretty much wiped out any chance to positively view any shared or common identity

Pakistan doesn't have an identity crisis. It's the islamists that have an identity crisis and this phenomenon is around the world regardless of their nationality. This has been discussed to death by me and others on here.

Muslims identity is Muslim
Where's the crises?

Makes absolute sense,, Hinduism was disgusting and worthless

There is literally NOTHING about it that you could like of be proud of

It gave me the freedom to reject god, superstitions, prophets, angels and - not to mention - flying horses. So yeah, extremely proud of it.

But today's enmity with India/Hindus pretty much wiped out any chance to positively view any shared or common identity

You can be an enemy of your ancestors, it’s okay. But you can’t change the fact that they were your ancestors. That’s all.

which pakistanis are these ?

yu have canada flag you live abroad aswell like i do, i never had identity crisis.
Same here, I do not have an identity crisis.

I am:
1)Muslim
2)Pakistani

I have no identity crisis.

All religions are man made with fair amount of superstitions. You moved from Hindu superstitions to ‘flying horses’ and some imaginary ‘angels’. So all are same if you think about it, because it all comes down to belief which doesn’t require rationality.

That’s a different discussion though.

But hating your ancestors because they used to follow a different religion doesn’t make sense. Look at Indonesia, they still have idols on their currency notes.
lol, mate, Muslim Indonesians don't care about Hinduism. lol.

It always has been.
Pakistan and Pakistanis do not have an identity crisis.

Especially those who live in the GCC, those Pakistanis are extremely conservative. Almost as much as Saudis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom