What's new

Tarana-e-Hind ( Urdu: "Anthem of the People of Hindustan)

We are happy that it is poets from India who are considered the national poets of even neighboring countries - Tagore for India, Tagore for Bangladesh, Iqbal for Pakistan and the guy who wrote Sri Lankan anthem was also a student of Tagore.

huhhhhhh????? iqbal is indian poet, buddy, iqbal was born and died inside pakistan!!!!

iqbal gave the modern dimension to the ideology of Pakistan, therefore even if Pakistan did not exist at that time-he was in his heart a Pakistani poet with roots in Kashmir Valley[like me.]

as far as i know there was no country named pakistan during the years 1877 to 1938. now please don't come up with things like ancient pakistan:lol:

and mind that there was no india at that time it was Hindustan not india ..... as todays india doen't include Pakistan, Bangladesh areas.....

and mind that there was no india at that time it was Hindustan not india ..... as todays india doen't include Pakistan, Bangladesh areas.....

chalo hindustan hi sahi, well for ur kind inf for we indians INDIA=HINDUSTAN=BHARAT

We are happy that it is poets from India who are considered the national poets of even neighboring countries - Tagore for India, Tagore for Bangladesh, Iqbal for Pakistan and the guy who wrote Sri Lankan anthem was also a student of Tagore.

M.A Iqbal was Pakistani my friend.

cheen o arab humaara, hindustan humaara
Muslim hain, hum watan hain, saara jahan humaara

it was not writen by iqbaal
do not edit his writing , show litte bit respect to him
A signle alphabet (non meter
) can ruin his writing

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

M.A Iqbal was Pakistani my friend.

fir to mussaraf was also hindustaani... he has ruled u recent days

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

as far as i know there was no country named pakistan during the years 1877 to 1938. now please don't come up with things like ancient pakistan:lol:

well said ..............!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

huhhhhhh????? iqbal is indian poet, buddy, iqbal was born and died inside pakistan!!!!

born and died ......... date plzzzzzzzzzzz??

Hindi
सारे जहाँ से अच्छा हिन्दोस्ताँ हमारा
हम बुलबुलें हैं इसकी वो गुलसिताँ हमारा
ग़ुरबत में हों अगर हम रहता हो दिल वतन में
समझो वहीं हमें भी दिल है जहाँ हमारा
परबत वो सब से ऊँचा हमसायह आसमाँ का
वो संतरी हमारा वो पासबाँ हमारा
गोदी में खेलती है इसकी हज़ारों नदियाँ
गुलशन हैं जिनके दम से रश्क-ए-जनाँ हमारा
ए अब रूद-ए-गंगा वो दिन है याद तुझको
उतरा तिरे किनारे जब कारवाँ हमारा
मज़हब नहीं सिखाता आपस में बैर रखना
हिन्दी हैं हम वतन है हिन्दोस्ताँ हमारा
यूनान-ओ-मिस्र-ओ-रोमा सब मिट गए जहाँ से
अब तक मगर है बाक़ी नाम-ओ-निशान हमारा
कुछ बात है कि हस्ती मिटती नहीं हमारी
सदियों रहा है दुश्मन दौर-ए-ज़माँ हमारा
इक़्बाल कोइ मेहरम अपना नहीं जहाँ में
मालूम क्या किसी को दर्द-ए-निहाँ हमारा

मज़हब नहीं सिखाता आपस में बैर रखना
हिन्दी हैं हम वतन है हिन्दोस्ताँ हमारा

:) ......

i am not proud of that................ he has written this..
hum iske binaa bhi hindi hai aur watan hai

Hindustaan hamaraa:)

Tarana-e-Hindi"Anthem of the People of Hindustan"), is one of the enduring patriotic poems of the Urdu language. Written originally for children in the ghazal style of Urdu poetry by poet Muhammad Iqbal, the poem was published in the weekly journal Ittehad on 16 August 1904.[1] Recited by Iqbal the following year at Government College, Lahore, now in Pakistan, it quickly became an anthem of opposition to the British rule in India. The song, an ode to Hindustan—the land comprising present-day Bangladesh, India , and Pakistan—both celebrated and cherished the land even as it lamented its age-old anguish. As Tarana-e-Hindi, it was later published in 1924 in the Urdu book Bang-i-Dara.
so Iqbal wrote this tarana for peoples of hindustan and as the article above mentioned that peoples of hindutaan mean peoples of india , pakistan and bangladesh. we know all these countries were one unit at that time so its totally wrong to associate this tarana with just bharat. It was also written in urdu lanaguge which is national language of pakistan. I also love this great poem of iqbal..so beautiful..listen this peoples. It remind me my school days where we always start our day with this prayer

Last edited by a moderator:
lol then why did he wrote hindi hain hum hindostan hamara.... He would have writter pak.. Hain hum pakistan hamara

he also said cheen(china) o arab hamara hindustan hamara,

iqbal was aware of the creation of pakistan, so he was refering to pakistan that one day cheen wil be ours along with hindustan :)

Back
Top Bottom