What's new

‘Pakistani artists are exploiting us’

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one more thing , If Indian actress dont do do modelling in Pakistan, they wont run out of money !! they would still remain millionaire but Pakistani Artist cannot achieve anything without the support of Indian Industry !! which again proves this to way process wrong.

Pakistan request for India Artists and Pakistani Artist request for work in India.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, only a handful of our artists have gone to india.

Many have stayed in Pakistan and achieved great success with global recognition.

Vital Signs, Ghulam Ali, Mahdi Hassan, Nope Jehan, Junoon, Ali Haider, Strings, Awaz, Fakhre Alam, Haroon etc were and remain big names, some even have global recognition.

Even Nusrat Fateh was a global name before he entered India in the late 90's.

He had already worked for Peter Gabriel and others.

Exceptions are always there. Even you can see salman taseer's daughters. I was talking about general perception.

Correct. Not every girl in India like to expose, so exceptions are here as well. Girls win the beauty contests because they have talent, as simple as that. Like you agree with me, there are Pakistani girls who don't mind to expose, so why they haven't won any beauty contests yet? I hope you have the answer now.

Singing legend Jagjit Singh is upset with the fact that a bevy of Pakistani artists are thronging India for work while talented Indians are hardly getting any opportunity. “We have been giving them opportunities and they are exploiting us. They don’t have any future in Pakistan. India is their only market so they are encashing on it. And then Indians have this approach that everything that is imported is good,” says the singer, who was recently in the Capital to perform at the launch of Brys Group.

“No doubt they have talent and we never closed doors for our neighbours, but now, it is their turn to open doors for us which they will never do,” adds, Singh, who was also vocal about Pakistani artist Rahet Fateh Ali Khan’s recent detention at an Indian airport for carrying undeclared cash.

“If he does an illegal thing, he will get caught. He was carrying undeclared cash, that too without paying taxes. He is a criminal in that case. Authorities have full right to take action,” says the singer, who was recently honoured at the House of Commons in London.

“It was honoured by the Indian societies there and the venue by the House of Commons,” says the singer, who has just wrapped up his London tour and is now heading to Mauritius for a week.

Known for evergreen renditions like Hothon se chulo tum, Jhuki jhuki si nazar and Hosh walo ko khabar kya among others, Singh, 70, has been absent from the Bollywood scene for quite some time.

“Nobody calls me in Bollywood now. Their style and poetry have changed. They have vulgarity now. I’m not needed,” says the singer, who wouldn't mind composing for the big screen, if approached.

But does that hurt him as an artist?

“No. It doesn’t hurt me because my plate is always full with something or the other,” says the legend, who has no qualms in accepting that “it’s the colour of money” that still keeps him going full throttle.

"When you get rewarded for your efforts, you put in more,” he says conceding music changed drastically over the course of years especially ghazals.

"Music has changed drastically. People don’t have the time and patience now to sing for long classical sessions. Neither do they read Urdu poetry. They are trying to forget their culture and are copying west blindly," he says.

Upset with the discrepancy in royalties for musicians in the country, Singh, is also upset with the rising numbers in piracy.

“People don’t give us the royalities here vis-à-vis the West. Music companies just gobble it up. We don’t get even 20% of what we should,” he says.

"Then there's piracy. Tere should be a proper copyright act that could help artists. But then nothing will change as stealing is in our blood. Hence we’ve given birth to piracy," he adds.

Hence, he is now also going digital with his music.

“I’ve released a new Punjabi song, Leke phulkari soe soe rang di, on iTunes recently to test waters and will take it forward in the digital arena,” says the singer, who has a slew of national and international tours lined up apart from a at least four albums this year.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Pakistani-artists-are-exploiting-us/Article1-710136.aspx

Well 'art' has no boundaries. Like indian movies are preferred in Pakistan over Pakistani movies. No one should be worried.

I am great fan of Jagjit Singh and his Ghazals as well as compositions.. but I have seen in many places he is too rude and over react. This trait is not good for a man of his stature. AS far as Pakistani singers/ musicians are concerned, we invited them and we are fan of them similarly like good Indian singers or musicians. It is straightforward competition and no exploitation as he mentioned. Take it in high spirit!!

Indians artists get business from world over... This is a very silly argument by Jagjit and wreaks of bigotry. How come there are no complaints of American artists performing in India? I'm sure they do.

Jagjit's ghazal for movie ''Tum Bin'' was awesome, it was all because of his Ghazal that i started listening to Indian music.
Its just that Jagjit's specialty are ghazals, but the music scene is changing and the new generation doesn't admire Ghazals much. My case is different though, i like all genres of music let it be classical, pop, rock, ghazals, instrumentals, jazz etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard Pakistani men are so smitten by Indian women that they even try to be like one :woot:

A recent camera leak from Karachi captured a guy practicing to be a Bollywood actress. He does look " pretty" as somebody suggested.

I am great fan of Jagjit Singh and his Ghazals as well as compositions.. but I have seen in many places he is too rude and over react. This trait is not good for a man of his stature. AS far as Pakistani singers/ musicians are concerned, we invited them and we are fan of them similarly like good Indian singers or musicians. It is straightforward competition and no exploitation as he mentioned. Take it in high spirit!!

Something is wrong with India's Urdu based greats... They all end up showing some sort of overkill animosity towards Pakistan.

Jagjit's ghazal for movie ''Tum Bin'' was awesome, it was all because of his Ghazal that i started listening to Indian music.
Its just that Jagjit's specialty are ghazals, but the music scene is changing and the new generation doesn't admire Ghazals much. My case is different though, i like all genres of music let it be classical, pop, rock, ghazals, instrumentals, jazz etc.

One of my favourite songs . It was a good movie as well . Its sad that bollywood today does not encourage ghazals like these . People want to watch more fast paced films .Audience has become more restless.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, only a handful of our artists have gone to india.

Many have stayed in Pakistan and achieved great success with global recognition.

Vital Signs, Junoon, Ali Haider, Strings, Awaz, Fakhre Alam, Haroon were and remain big names, some even have global recognition.

Yes they achieved Global recognition across the subcontinental diaspora .....I first heard Ali Zafar 's music(album Huqa Pani) about 7 years before his first Indian film(tere Bin laden ) was released .

but they come to India because its a huge market for their music. There were several interviews of these artists from Sarhad Paar --as the news article dubbed them , about their reasons for the cross-over . They clearly stated , its because of the lucrative job offers --They are paid a salary of 2-3 crore on an Average for a single song in our industry. And to top it off interest in their earlier albums are reignited leading to increased sales .

The song 'Mitwa' alone catapulted Shafquat Amanat Ali to a different league despite all his previous impressive work, he was getting offers worth crores , which actually made him financially secure to part ways with Fuzon ( Shallum Xavier and the other) , Same for Atif Aslam , Once he sung his first hit -- He was secure to part ways with Goher Mumtaz and Jal .

Another example , based on a single song -- Yeh hain meri Kahani , Strings were nominated to the MTV awards for best Band solo -- as an "indian" band ( sad but true ) , they got as many as 27+ concerts all over India despite the 15 years they spent touring various places and taking out "Duur" and "Dhani " . All their previous songs ---Eg Sar Kiye ye pahar etc became popular and sales increased . The old Magnasound label changed to Sony , as they signed deals with them .

Other notable examples are Shahzad Roy , Raeth , Xulfi ...many others . Some are more successful than others .

Trisonics.

How did you come across that?

Interesting video and even more interesting creature.

Whatever floats yours and his boat I guess, :D.

Something is wrong with India's Urdu based greats... They all end up showing some sort of overkill animosity towards Pakistan.

Not all of them do . Hariharan composed his album with Pakistan as theme --- "Lahore ke Rang , Hari ke Sang " . He collaborated extensively with Pakistani Artists in another album I believe called Quraar released a long time back.

Vital Signs, Ghulam Ali, Mahdi Hassan, Nope Jehan, Junoon, Ali Haider, Strings, Awaz, Fakhre Alam, Haroon etc were and remain big names, some even have global recognition.

One of the things Indians don't realize that we don't just have 10 artists over here and all 10 of them were famous in Pakistan before someone from India sought to make profit off of them.

Oh yes, Indians are making a profit off of Pakistani artists. The artists get a small percentage of the proceeds, the rest goes to the record label.

One of my favourite songs . It was a good movie as well . Its sad that bollywood today does not encourage ghazals like these . People want to watch more fast paced films .Audience has become more restless.

Do u remember JISM? Still the best love songs ever created.

I heard Pakistani men are so smitten by Indian women that they even try to be like one :woot:

A recent camera leak from Karachi captured a guy practicing to be a Bollywood actress. He does look " pretty" as somebody suggested.

Not a camera leak, lol. He definitely is trying to show off his "talent". What has this video got to do with this thread?

Ghazals have always had a niche audience . Most Ghazal lovers still like to hear greats like Anup Jalota , Hari Haran etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom