What's new

Molana Tariq Jameel at LUMS

Universities have got mosques even in countries like Uk where many naat khawan and scholars from Pakistan visit on regular basis :)
Many religious person are also studying at Phd level

Aha.. there is a difference.
These events are organized by the religious groups at these universities in countries such as the UK WHERE SUCH ACTIVITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO THE STUDENTS ALREADY ENMASSE.
For eg.. my ears are always searching for an Azan that I am so used to .
But since it would be against the secular nature of the UK allow it outside the mosque premises.
I have to visit my universities Islamic association hall to attend prayers .. where lectures are held as well.
It is a service on demand by the students due to the lack of such available outside.. a need.
Whereas in lahore, where prayers, lectures.. are all common. Such activities within a university make less sense.
Unless off course, the idea is to discuss geo-political themes within the sphere of religious conventions.. which should be welcomed.

Otherwise, shoving religion down people's throats is a bad idea.. just as shoving politics down throats is.
Which is why I am also against IK's policy of visiting universities to bad mouth his opponents..or the Sharifs and Zardaris distributing laptops and the like with their picture sessions.
University students need to be able to develop choice and awareness.. religion and politics need to be sought out.. not shoved down throat.

The Maulana is a good speaker.. but.. there should be an invitation to his lecture held elsewhere.. rather than an event on the campus. Since students rarely miss the opportunity here to miss class on the excuse of attending lectures.
Perhaps, once our educational culture has developed to exclude plagiarism and induce greater imagination within students apart from the standardized stuff they get fed from class I.. then such events should be encouraged where it will be a matter of choice based on interest.. and not a choice based on nothing better being available.

Universities have got mosques even in countries like Uk where many naat khawan and scholars from Pakistan visit on regular basis :)
Many religious person are also studying at Phd level
Yara, who said anything about not having mosques at universities? Nor did I say to deny education to "religious persons" @ PhD level. How did you infer that from my post? Are you insinuating something? :blink:

Aha.. there is a difference.
These events are organized by the religious groups at these universities in countries such as the UK WHERE SUCH ACTIVITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO THE STUDENTS ALREADY ENMASSE.
For eg.. my ears are always searching for an Azan that I am so used to .
But since it would be against the secular nature of the UK allow it outside the mosque premises.
I have to visit my universities Islamic association hall to attend prayers .. where lectures are held as well.
It is a service on demand by the students due to the lack of such available outside.. a need.
Whereas in lahore, where prayers, lectures.. are all common. Such activities within a university make less sense.
Unless off course, the idea is to discuss geo-political themes within the sphere of religious conventions.. which should be welcomed.

Otherwise, shoving religion down people's throats is a bad idea.. just as shoving politics down throats is.
Which is why I am also against IK's policy of visiting universities to bad mouth his opponents..or the Sharifs and Zardaris distributing laptops and the like with their picture sessions.
University students need to be able to develop choice and awareness.. religion and politics need to be sought out.. not shoved down throat.

The Maulana is a good speaker.. but.. there should be an invitation to his lecture held elsewhere.. rather than an event on the campus. Since students rarely miss the opportunity here to miss class on the excuse of attending lectures.
Perhaps, once our educational culture has developed to exclude plagiarism and induce greater imagination within students apart from the standardized stuff they get fed from class I.. then such events should be encouraged where it will be a matter of choice based on interest.. and not a choice based on nothing better being available.

I agree with some points there but i don't think Maulana is going there without any invitation or permission of university staff as you cannot just go there and give lectures without any permission from LUMS. Secondly its not that students will be forced to sit there and listen to him so its not shoving religion down their throat and i am sure this lecture could be managed in spare time just like sports , musical events or many others extracurricular activities in university. If student can manage to get time for these activities then they can also manage to organize such religious events or lectures :)

Yara, who said anything about not having mosques at universities? Nor did I say to deny education to "religious persons" @ PhD level. How did you infer that from my post? Are you insinuating something? :blink:

Brother you said what religious person like tariq jameel is going to do in LUMS and he should be in mosque

and i said that there are many religious person who are studying at LUMS and who want to listen to him so he is going there to cater their spiritual needs. He is going there to deliver lecture in this mosque of Lums not in class room

2836701970_1b28b02430.jpg

2949029134_bb4770ddd1.jpg

6111783355_a3e489e6f0_b.jpg

7422299264_3df70b5613_h.jpg

I agree with some points there but i don't think Maulana is going there without any invitation or permission of university staff as you cannot just go there and give lectures without any permission from LUMS. Secondly its not that students will be forced to sit there and listen to him so its not shoving religion down their throat and i am sure this lecture could be managed in spare time just like sports , musical events or many others extracurricular activities in university. If student can manage to get time for these activities then they can also manage to organize such religious events or lectures :)

As long as other students are not forced by the students(or staff) that organized this to attend this.. it is ok.

Brother you said what religious person like tariq jameel is going to do in LUMS and he should be in mosque

and i said that there are many religious person who are studying at LUMS and who want to listen to him so he is going there to cater their spiritual needs. He is going there to deliver lecture in this mosque of Lums

2836701970_1b28b02430.jpg

2949029134_bb4770ddd1.jpg

6111783355_a3e489e6f0_b.jpg

7422299264_3df70b5613_h.jpg

Really funny.. sad in a certain respect .. but funny story about LUMS mosque.
in some cases.. the level of .. say "secularism" or disregard for religion by some of LUMS more privileged or rather infatuated students had led to the ground in front of the mosque being used for some rather disturbing things.
Those who have had the chance to visit LUMS during the times when Lahore gets some serious fog.. would know what I am talking about.

As long as other students are not forced by the students(or staff) that organized this to attend this.. it is ok.
dude you know student of LUMS are different than students of primary government school as their father cannot even force them let alone event organiser or other student :D

@Leader
P.S. and above all I dont think so Allah is unhappy with me... Think !

this is some thing you will find out on the day of judgement.
I think you have a personal grudge with moulana tariq jameel , personal grudges are settled face to face not on public forums behind one's back.
ALLAH ALMIGHTY gave us Quran e Paak and Sunnat e Rasool S.A.W.W to follow. It is a clear choice either you follow them or you dont. You cant pick and choose saying some are "bed time stories blah blah.."
Suppose i agree with you , you can still take some good things out of moulana tariq jameel's bayanat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Molana tariq is corrupt and contains extreme views on other firqas. He is not good for the country. He is useless piece on our land

@Leader

this is some thing you will find out on the day of judgement.
I think you have a personal grudge with moulana tariq jameel , personal grudges are settled face to face not on public forums behind one's back.
ALLAH ALMIGHTY gave us Quran e Paak and Sunnat e Rasool S.A.W.W to follow. It is a clear choice either you follow them or you dont. You cant pick and choose saying some are "bed time stories blah blah.."
Suppose i agree with you , you can still take some good things out of moulana tariq jameel's bayanat.

I have no personal grudge with Tariq, I know what he is in public, and I know what he is in private !!

True, that can be from anyone at all, be it a Peon sitting outside my office may have a pearl of wisdom or say religious principle or a moral story... like I quoted before and will quote again "ilm momin ki gumshuda miras hai, jahan say milay lay lo" Hadith.

but say will you be willing to listen to a robot voice instead of tariq jameel saying the same things? if not then think !

Last edited by a moderator:

What if someone is looking to follow Islam and they are forced not to so so, is that OK? Like what we have ssen regarfing Hijab and such things in westren countries. What you suggest about that?

Western countries can force Muslims not to wear a Hijab or anything that can classify them amongst the masses as Muslims. Doing so, they are still civilized and open minded.
But if someone does the same here is Pakistan and, not force, just preach to wear a Hijab and practice Islam, then he is a zombie and extremist?

where is the equality Sir?

We are a Muslim country. If west can force us to follow there way, cant we preach our guys to follow ours? will that be more bad then what they do?
where are we going with all the moderation and modernization, i fail to understand.

With all due respect, I think the society al large will benefit immensely if Universities manage to pass out quality students with all round critical thinking abilities.

On second thoughts, Pakistani universities were hosting Zaid Hamid, so I think this guy is an improvement.

................ :laugh:

Molana tariq is corrupt and contains extreme views on other firqas. He is not good for the country. He is useless piece on our land

Are not you doing same thing here ? You probably belong to brelvi sect..i have seen on youtube some people gone as low as dubbing bad lanaguge and suggesting maulna giving galyaan just to distort his character

Bring any evidence to support your claim or stop this accusation

I have heard him speaking against firqabazi

some of you are unneccesary allergic with him or with any one say something about islam..extreme secular mullah :D

Back
Top Bottom