What's new

Pakistan's remittances drop by 19% to $2bn in July

lol, Hopefully this will push Pakistan to be more self-sufficient.

Why should we depend on remittances.

Get a an economy based on manufacturing.

Bro Pakistan is run by buffoons. If you think Sharifs and Ishaq Dar will kickstart Pakistan's economy to be less dependent on loans and be more manufacturing based then you should look at their track records while they were in office.

I admire your optimism and do agree with your pro-China stance, but you have to realize remittances are a big part of the economy in Pakistan.

Al Jazeera reported on it:

Bro Pakistan is run by buffoons. If you think Sharifs and Ishaq Dar will kickstart Pakistan's economy to be less dependent on loans and be more manufacturing based then you should look at their track records while they were in office.

I admire your optimism and do agree with your pro-China stance, but you have to realize remittances are a big part of the economy in Pakistan.

Well it is our country. At least we can only go up from our current situation.

I will never give up on Pakistan. It is our homeland their is no where else to run to.

Well it is our country. At least we can only go up from our current situation.

I will never give up on Pakistan. It is our homeland their is no where else to run to.

I think we can go up if Imran Khan is back as PM along with PTI having a 2/3rd majority so it can enact needed reforms on the economy.

We had 6% growth under him. With the current cabal, I don't see anyone else worthy of holding that PM position. They don't have any plan, any vision, or any will to improve. They just want to keep doing corruption and stagnate any kind of meaningful development.

Remittance, atleast in Pakistan’s case will follow a downward trend.

There are multiple factors here.

- establishment and PDM thieves at the helm.
- other factors include the property sector (which is a scam of sorts) which is on a downward trajectory.
- the millennials and Gen Z do not have a deep connection with Pakistan anymore. Unlike the boomers.
- hawala / hundi rates are more lucrative
- Pakistanis especially overseas have lost trust in the government

With every passing month, this drop in remittances will hit economic calculations. A 4-5 Billion drop in remittances will screw up Current Account deficit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom