What's new

Indians takeover RMG sector in Bangladesh

If all of us are so incompetent and are suffering from inferiority complex vis-a-vis India and when every other Bangladeshis are seeing Indian agents in every nook and corner of the country, then my question is why should our kind of people need an independent country?

Some of our people have such a low self-esteem I would have not known it unless I have joined this forum. We perhaps do not need a country if all our citizens are such a low esteemed people.

But, people out of this computer screen are certainly different.

Sorry, protesting and getting concerned about Indian syndicate, if the news is true, have no relation with suffering from inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Completely wrong correlation. This is an issue, not emotion.

We don't need any managers or owners or FDI from India, they are not welcome, any other country in the world is welcome. We did not make separate country to become their vassal state.

And those who welcome them in the name of free and open market, I should ask them to try to find how free and open market they have in India, where Muslim lives are not even safe from frequent riots.

Ask them since when we got equal share/profit proportionally form an Indian so-called FDI. They wont be able to show.

We are living in the age of a free world whereby goods, capitals and services move almost freely across the border. There are certain international treaties and understanding among the countries that the signatory countries cannot make exception to a specific country.

When all the countries of the region want expanded business and investment some here want a certain country not to be a business partner for our country when almost all the cotton, yarn, fabric, rice, wheat, even green chili and onion are coming from that country.

These people want to destroy BD one day by enforcing their seclusive policy so that again they could shout ***istan Zindabad instead of Bangladesh Zindabad. Today, destruction of BD economy is their main motive.

We don't need any managers or owners or FDI from India, they are not welcome, any other country in the world is welcome. We did not make separate country to become their vassal state.

And those who welcome them in the name of free and open market, I should ask them to try to find how free and open market they have in India, where Muslim lives are not even safe from frequent riots.
same here mate!i would rather prefer pakistanis to come into my country than bangaldeshis!i for one don't trust them as history has shown that they can backstab us at any moment!so let's agree to seal the Indo-BD border and have a population exchange done according to the norms of the U.N.,because at the end of the day i really don't want my children to learn all those funny bangal accents from the bangaldeshi immigrants!!

One rickshaw puller on average earns 500 taka a day in Bangladesh, this is why indians come here in BD and we're on top of indian remittance sender countries. And the talks here are on RMG sectors where most of the labors are women. In BD women don't take the profession of rickshaw puller.

I have read in some newspapers that the BGMEA and MKMEA have decided to propose a starting monthly salary for apprentice worker at $80 or BDT6,400 in 2013, $90 or BDT7,000 in 2014 and $100 or BDT7,800 for 2015. The present apprenticeship salary is a paltry BDT3,600.

Monthly salary of an experienced worker is in average BDT8,000/10,000 or more even now. Usually, good apprentice workers leave the factory after they get training. Factory owners are averse to a better salary for them because they would leave the factory to get a better salary in some other factories.

There must be a change in the thinking of the workers as well as the Owners. However, needless to say that the workers are heavily exploited by the owners.

One rickshaw puller on average earns 500 taka a day in Bangladesh, this is why indians come here in BD and we're on top of indian remittance sender countries. And the talks here are on RMG sectors where most of the labors are women. In BD women don't take the profession of rickshaw puller.

A daily labor in BD earns Tk500/day. In India this differs from state to state. In P/bangla, Kerala and TN workers are paid reasonably. Not so in many states where they exist as bonded labor/slave for generations.Maharashtra, MP and Rajputana are some examples. These states have not had land reforms ever. So the aristocrat land holders of old continue.

same here mate!i would rather prefer pakistanis to come into my country than bangaldeshis!i for one don't trust them as history has shown that they can backstab us at any moment!so let's agree to seal the Indo-BD border and have a population exchange done according to the norms of the U.N.,because at the end of the day i really don't want my children to learn all those funny bangal accents from the bangaldeshi immigrants!!

You are a Ghoti, no?

A daily labor in BD earns Tk500/day. In India this differs from state to state. In P/bangla, Kerala and TN workers are paid reasonably. Not so in many states where they exist as bonded labor/slave for generations.Maharashtra, MP and Rajputana are some examples. These states have not had land reforms ever. So the aristocrat land holders of old continue.

You are a Ghoti, no?
well technically i am an Indian Bengali but some of my ancestors were from the erstwhile district of Pabna and Khuna,so i am neither a ghoti nor am i a Bangal!

kalu miah ...you always get emotional.......
try to find out the reason....why?
what is total benefit getting bangladesh ?

it is not matter of managerial job only ?

let me explain you in detail ......the benefit of good relation ?

i am related to steel industries ......i have also work in Bangladesh.......4 years.....

when i have join KYCR steel....i join from the beginning at project stage...

we help in project planning , technical discussion .equipment finalization every thing

after erection and commissioning.....our duty was to give training to bangladeshi also that was part of contract

simple answer . bangladeshi were not capable to do ,that is way they are looking for indian expat

another important thing .......western expat is too expensive to effort that is way they are going for indian

and indian is preferring bangladesh ,because it only 30 min flight , from kolkata .....very near

PHP,ABUL KHER,KDS,APPOLO,S ALAM ALL ROLLING MILL IS SET AND ESTABLISH BY INDIAN .........

IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT QUESTION WHY BANGLADESHI EMPLOYER STILL PREFER TO WORK WITH INDIAN EXPAT ?

ITS IS BUSINESS BABY .........WITH OUT HARD CORE BENEFIT NO EMPLOYER PAY MONEY

Big problem will be driving luxurious cars keeping chauffeur in posh area of Toronto that even other residents of that area can't afford, only Bangladeshi garment owners' families can. This is what one BGMEA guy was saying once. We can't risk this lifestyle for some mere workers caged in a garments for whole daylong. We have PoLeague, they'll inject bullet in body if these dirty souls raise voice.

propaganda.....Bangladesh is an unstable country, any businessman with no second home is a fool. 1/11 was an eye opener.

If all of us are so incompetent and are suffering from inferiority complex vis-a-vis India and when every other Bangladeshis are seeing Indian agents in every nook and corner of the country, then my question is why should our kind of people need an independent country?

Here eastwatch spill the beans. eastwatch in clear justifying indian interference, ignoring people resistance to indian subservient awami League and questioning Bangladesh independence.

Well, I said it was the salary of apprentice not meant to support 4 member family. The way things are moving the minimum salary would be fixed at 5000 tk or 64 dollar a month.

It is a good starting salary and I hope these workers will agree to go back to their jobs instead of vandalizing public property.

The RMG sector in Bangladesh is of strategic value to the country.

Translation -

Indians are infiltrating Bangladesh and taking over managerial jobs in the RMG sector and intimidating factory owners to accept their demands ....

Another Anti India twist given by Munshi Bhai!!
Do u connect this to RAW again sirji? to implicate the world's important strategic country eh?
Duh!! Its the factory owners, who give them jobs! We dont jump the border at night! least of all into BD!
As long as Indian managers give the owners profit and keep the workers happy, its of nobody concern.! USA is a superpower cos it have the best brains from every country in the world

It is a good starting salary and I hope these workers will agree to go back to their jobs instead of vandalizing public property.

I think that 5000 tk per month is the best that the BD garment industry can realistically afford and remain competitive. Not perfect but should make the garment workers lives much more tolerable.

Rather than having these protests for increased salary every few years which does not benefit anyone, it would be a good idea to set for a number of years, say 3, a formula where the salary goes up by inflation +5% each year. Then just before the end of the 3 years this formula can again be re-assessed taking into account the conditions at the time.

Hi Kalu!
A simple Question! Why do u care about a Indian Muslim citizen? Whats ur problem? They have chosen and are living here!

Just look after BD citizens! No need to bring Indians into it!

Now RMG sector has become halal and only muslims need to apply...:offpost:

Back
Top Bottom