What's new

Indians takeover RMG sector in Bangladesh

Another retarded thread.

What Bangladesh needs is institutions on the lines of NID(National Institute of Design), NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology), FDDI (Footwear Development and Design Institute) that we have in India. These were set up by the Ministry of Finance, India and today there are 15 NIFT campuses, and 7 FDDI campuses, not to forget the dozens of other private "fashion technology institutes".

So until Bangladesh sets up these institutes, it will have shortage of well trained managers and floor managers needed to run the ever increasing RMG and leather goods factories. In the mean time, Bangladeshi RMG companies will keep hiring from the next cheapest source available, India.

So stop whining, stop writing idiotic conspiracy theories, and do something concrete on the ground to address the skills shortage. Yes, thats all this is, skills shortage, not some Chankayan RAW conspiracy.

As for the workers strike, well they do deserve a pay hike, however the situation is being fueled by none other than your good old uncle Sam.

I have reiterated it a few times before as well, US and other Western powers, who happen to be the export destination of majority of Bangladeshi RMG, will sooner or later use their position to twist your arms and get some concessions. What those concessions might be, who knows, but if I had to guess it would be some strategic concessions viz-a-viz China. Remember all the chatter about the proposed US naval base in Bangladesh? This is what you get for putting all your eggs in one basket I guess.

How so....?

Something that is of such economic importance because a strategic asset for the country. If it collapses the hole country will sink and there will be violence and chaos.

@MBI Munshi

So, the unrest is not about Indian interference but wage dispute. 3000 taka sounds very low by any standards.

That is not what the article says. The Indians have become so powerful that they have created a syndicate and can impose their will own factory owners now otherwise they create labour unrest and destroy property ...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not what the article says. The Indians have become so powerful that they have created a syndicate and can impose their will own factory owners now otherwise they create labour unrest and destroy property ...

Then RAW is doing something worthwhile... :D

BTW article says more about the salary .. You are paying a worker 3000 taka and expect him to not open his mouth... What a shameless propaganda to defame the poor workers and their struggle.. Might as well send them to Gulags...

This news article is a piece of trash where the legal demand of the workers is camouflaged with a conspiracy theory by the Indian managers. Why should someone blame Indians for this? This kind of propaganda is a JI ploy to destroy the textile industry.

During my last visit to quite a few garments factories in Dhaka and Mawna I have noticed Indians, SL, Phillipinos, Indians and even Pakistanis working in managerial positions. I saw that Pakistani GM shouting orders in pure Urdu. I asked him about learning Bangla. He replied, it is a difficult languge to learn, but he is trying. He also said, every one understands Urdu.

It is important that these people are employed. They only fill up the gaps in between top level owners group and the workers. Many BD young educated people are averse to textile mills jobs. They go for Banks and others for employment. So, this is why some owners hire foreigners.

This is an age of internationalism. This is why our half educated people are also getting employment in millions in other countries. This is not a time to blame everything India and Indians who are guest workers and are contributing to the development of the textile industry with their prior experience and leadership quality.

It is no time to talk of conspiracy theory when these Indians themselves will be burned if factories remain closed. As usual, this JI newspaper is talking a blatant lie.

This news article is a piece of trash where the legal demand of the workers is camouflaged with a conspiracy theory by the Indian managers. Why should someone blame Indians for this? This kind of propaganda is a JI ploy to destroy the textile industry.

During my last visit to quite a few garments factories in Dhaka and Mawna I have noticed Indians, SL, Phillipinos, Indians and even Pakistanis working in managerial positions. I saw that Pakistani GM shouting orders in pure Urdu. I asked him about learning Bangla. He replied, it is a difficult languge to learn, but he is trying. He also said, every one understands Urdu.

It is important that these people are employed. They only fill up the gaps in between top level owners group and the workers. Many BD young educated people are averse to textile mills jobs. They go for Banks and others for employment. So, this is why some owners hire foreigners.

This is an age of internationalism. This is why our half educated people are also getting employment in millions in other countries. This is not a time to blame everything India and Indians who are guest workers and are contributing to the development of the textile industry with their prior experience and leadership quality.

It is no time to talk of conspiracy theory when these Indians themselves will be burned if factories remain closed. As usual, this JI newspaper is talking a blatant lie.

Many RMG factories are now owned by Indians. The Indians create turmoil in the industry and Bangladeshi owners sell out to Indians. That has happened a lot in the last 10 years. There are not only Indian managers but Indian owners also who are keeping wages low so stop apologizing for the Indians.

In this day and age,a worker or any one whom we call worker no matter from which sector,get 3000 to per month as salary, how on earth he/she will survive? Let alone maintain a family.
Garments owners are not all bad, I know first hand.but not giving these ppl better salary makes them inhuman and cruel.Profit for a small garments after giving 8000tk salary per month to its 1500 something workers is unbelievable. I know .

the starting salary for new worker is 3000, with over time and everything a new worker learning his/her trade picks up around 5-6 k ....so this figure of 3000 tk is quite unfairly quoted. Dude, have you ever sat in a meeting with a western buyer? these guys will fight for 2-3 cents over a week or two and yet they are hardly pleased. The market is saturated and the profits are not what it used to be....8000 tk per month for a new worker, adding over time will destroy the RMG sector of Bangladesh...if this comes to action the older workers' salary will also increase, the garments will not be feasible. I prefer signing ticfa.

i think MBI- is short form for 'Must Bash India '

he posts one crap where he blames indian managers of being more powerful than the owner (has any one even heard of such crap)
then when some one of his own country confronts him,he says the managers have formed a syndicate against the owners--lol
then he goes to say that some Indians have bought out the Bangladeshi companies and then these Indian owners are responsible for low wages........

i think some 'think tanks' are actually 'Tanked Thinkers'

how low can yo go buddy just to satisfy your obsession with India........am happy that you have at-least not blamed the Indians for the population raise in Bangladesh

i think MBI- is short form for 'Must Bash India '

I love that nickname .... :yahoo:

he posts one crap where he blames indian managers of being more powerful than the owner (has any one even heard of such crap)
then when some one of his own country confronts him,he says the managers have formed a syndicate against the owners--lol
then he goes to say that some Indians have bought out the Bangladeshi companies and then these Indian owners are responsible for low wages........

i think some 'think tanks' are actually 'Tanked Thinkers'

how low can yo go buddy just to satisfy your obsession with India........am happy that you have at-least not blamed the Indians for the population raise in Bangladesh

The allegations against the Indian managers is in the article not written by me ...

there's a lot of virus that came in in the last few years; needs some comprehensive cleanup. time for extra measure in the ports probably

the starting salary for new worker is 3000, with over time and everything a new worker learning his/her trade picks up around 5-6 k ....so this figure of 3000 tk is quite unfairly quoted. Dude, have you ever sat in a meeting with a western buyer? these guys will fight for 2-3 cents over a week or two and yet they are hardly pleased. The market is saturated and the profits are not what it used to be....8000 tk per month for a new worker, adding over time will destroy the RMG sector of Bangladesh...if this comes to action the older workers' salary will also increase, the garments will not be feasible. I prefer signing ticfa.

According to you what is decent living wage for a family of four with one wage earner? Even if Taka 3000 is enforced as minimum wage, which is by the way is the lowest in south asia, this will force women and children to join the labor force to supplement their income.

Mwahaahaahahaha Excelentae , our master plan is finally bearing fruit.

Back
Top Bottom