What's new

Happy Pahela Boishakh 1420 (Bengali New Year) to all

RAB in action...

P-3-2.jpg

I always thought 'Baisakhi' coincides with spring equinox.
Oh well.

I always thought 'Baisakhi' coincides with spring equinox.
Oh well.

Baisakh/Vaisakh is a first month in Indian calenders and hence a Vaisakhi (The first day of this month) is a New Year for many Indians/Nepalis/Bangladeshis/Buddhists. But it is extra special for Sikhs because this day commemorates the establishment of the Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singhji.

Apart from the Sikhs and Hindus, Vaisakhi is an important day for the Buddhists as well. The name is Vesakha, Vaisakha, Vesak or Wesak. It commemorates the Birth, the Awakening and the Enlightened Passing Away of Buddha Gautama who was born as prince Siddharta.

Shuvo Nobo Borsho to all!! We have celebrated today (Sunday) the Bengali New Year in Tokyo. The celebration started at around 10:30 am in Ikebukuro Station West Exit Park and finished at around 6:30 pm. The weather was almost clear without rainfall, though it was a little windy.

Baisakh/Vaisakh is a first month in Indian calenders and hence a Vaisakhi (The first day of this month) is a New Year for many Indians/Nepalis/Bangladeshis/Buddhists. But it is extra special for Sikhs because this day commemorates the establishment of the Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singhji.

Apart from the Sikhs and Hindus, Vaisakhi is an important day for the Buddhists as well. The name is Vesakha, Vaisakha, Vesak or Wesak. It commemorates the Birth, the Awakening and the Enlightened Passing Away of Buddha Gautama who was born as prince Siddharta.

Ah...that brings me memories :smitten:

During high school back in Thailand, I used to shoot water out of my shotgun at girls wearing t-shirts during the festival. Of-course, it was organized on the school grounds...

Shubho Noboborsho shobaike...... A very Happy Bengali New Year to All....... How I miss home this time... :frown:

happy new year folks, mmm the food looks well done especially that fish. Somebody from there, please gift me all you can eat white dumplings with sweet sauce for a year hahaha.
2153910426_22ca5061e5.jpg

Just curious, what seasoning are on that fish/poisson(cumin powder?)!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom