What's new

Bangladesh can be trade hub for ASEAN, South Asia: FBCCI

We actually need a referendum to either return to presidential form or introduce French type semi presidential form.

As far I can remember from my memory ( I was too young just heard my family members are talking about it , correct me please if my memory betrayed me) after fall of Ershad it was khaleda Zia who wanted presidential form!

However few months ago I watched a cut piece from Mr Oli Ahmed ! Unfortunately I lost it ,but if I find it I will post it!

In that video he confessed that he was one of these pioneers who was advocate for parliamentary system and now they realized that it was a mistake!

So I think BNP specially khaleda Zia might not oppose it!

As for BAL , if they are kicked out from power by public revolution ,they will lose their ground like Ershad! So maybe their opinion won't matter in future!

However if it doesn't happen , they will remain as pain on *** and will keep threatening our sovereignty!

Hence I want a referendum!
No referendum and nothing unless the political parties sit together and talk issues to solve the present situation.

By the way, no one is demanding a Presidential system except you. And a Presidential system alone will not solve many national issues.

So if power will be handed over to Dr Yonus by a presidential/semi presidential form ,do you still think that political parties will remain so powerful like in ( so called) parliamentary form?

No right? So how can we not get rid of nepotism?

Imo, from 1991 we have created a Frankenstein's monster under the label of parliamentary system!

For a country like Bangladesh that is full of zombie quality citizens who prefer to be subject of Sheikh and Zia family , parliamentary system shall never actually work! So it's time to change!

So time to switch to either presidential form or semi presidential form , when power will be divided!
In presidential system the president takes all the decision with/without consulting his/her cabinet ministers. I don't think Khaleda Zia has that ability to take decisions on her own. She doesn't even read files.

Good post! I hope this happens in next year! I'm not interested to wait till 2030 ,to become subject of North Korea from the subject of Hasina!

Surely I'm not a citizen but subject , because I need to relax in PDF , and can't express my opinion openly in any Bangladeshi forum or even in Facebook because even common folks can be tergated!

If you still want me ( Bangladeshi) as citizens and and are in better position to wait till 2030 , then it's up to you ! But for sure I'm not going to buy this BS logic ; I believe , no sane person with minimal sense of dignity can buy such irrational logic of waiting till 2030 in order to be fucked up! 😎

Dude! Get a VPN!

No matter who is in power you will face intimidation.

It is the nature of Bangladeshis and south Asians.

Plurality of thought is not in the DNA.

Look at the way I am personally threatened!!!

Two bit idiots like @Bilal9 and @Black_cats threaten me with bans 🤣🤣🤣

In presidential system the president takes all the decision with/without consulting his/her cabinet ministers. I don't think Khaleda Zia has that ability to take decisions on her own. She doesn't even read files.
We should think beyond khaleda Zia and Sheikh Hasina! Let's forget about BNP and BAL for the sake of Bangladesh!

If BAL is bad , BNP is no better!

Also family dynasty won't bring anything good for Bangladesh!

So let's find the alternative! Although I don't know who are going to be these people who can truly think about the country and it's people!

Last edited:
You shouldn't be banned! As you have great entertainment value buddy!

Hence people should remain calm and enjoy the show that you provide!

However sincerely I wish you won't get in to any trouble if BAL fall!

Because I don't want common folks do the same thing as currently BAL/BCL is doing!

I want a peaceful Bangladesh!

Dude! Get a VPN!
I'm using VPN to use PDF!

However when you use Facebook, it's your personal timeline and you have family members, neighbors and friends in your friend list!

What's the use of VPN when you are giving your details with photos, location and address?

I want a Bangladesh where I can write my opinion freely without using VPN and without using any pseudonym , I call it citizen's right!

So if I need to use VPN & psudonym to write my opinion, I'm not a citizen, but a subject , who want to speak openly against fascist but dare not to do it for right reasons! After all I can differentiate between bravery and being suicidal!

So only I can consider myself a citizen when I will have these rights!

Even in 1996 to 2001 BAL wasn't that bad! People weren't such afraid that time, let alone about other govt!

However personally I treat 1996 - 2001 govt as the best govt ( at least if we judge a book by it's cover) of Bangladesh! That's why I used to be a fan of Hasina even in more or less than one year ago!

But nowadays her batalant lies and incessant rants made me uncomfortable, and I have started to understand clearly that she is the main reason of such mishaps in Bangladesh! And her power hunger won't take us in any better position!

She should have leave peacefully now by taking a safe exit!

Rather now it's clear that she wants to rule lifetime by hook or by crook!

That's actually bad thing!

So ,current BAL regime is just an oligarchy and kleptocracy, with hostile intention to others ; backed by Hasina herself!

Last edited:
Dude! Get a VPN!

Plurality of thought is not in the DNA.

Look at the way I am personally threatened!!!

I am happy that you are not claiming I am threatening you with the Pabna Hospital.

Read the old posts of @Bilal9 and @black- cats. Both belong to your BAL party. Only now they are trying to change their faces.

You shouldn't be banned! As you have great entertainment value buddy!

Hence people should remain calm and enjoy the show that you provide!

However sincerely I wish you won't get in to any trouble if BAL fall!

Because I don't want common folks do the same thing as currently BAL/BCL is doing!

I want a peaceful Bangladesh!

I'm using VPN to use PDF!

However when you use Facebook, it's your personal timeline and you have family members, neighbors and friends in your friend list!

What's the use of VPN when you are giving your details with photos, location and address?

I want a Bangladesh where I can write my opinion freely without using VPN and without using any pseudonym , I call it citizen's right!

So if I need to use VPN & psudonym to write my opinion, I'm not a citizen, but a subject , who want to speak openly against fascist but dare not to do it for right reasons! After all I can differentiate between bravery and being suicidal!

So only I can consider myself a citizen when I will have these rights!

Even in 1996 to 2001 BAL wasn't that bad! People weren't such afraid that time, let alone about other govt!

However personally I treat 1996 - 2001 govt as the best govt ( at least if we judge a book by it's cover) of Bangladesh! That's why I used to be a fan of Hasina even in more or less than one year ago!

But nowadays her batalant lies and incessant rants made me uncomfortable, and I have started to understand clearly that she is the main reason of such mishaps in Bangladesh! And her power hunger won't take us in any better position!

She should have leave peacefully now by taking a safe exit!

Rather now it's clear that she wants to rule lifetime by hook or by crook!

That's actually bad thing!

So ,current BAL regime is just an oligarchy and kleptocracy, with hostile intention to others ; backed by Hasina herself!

I won’t get into trouble because I have never harmed anyone or extorted money.

And I have a red passport 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, you keep putting the horse before the cart!!!

How can you have clean politicians when average south Asian is a thug.

Even when these trash settle in the west they continue with their trashy behaviour of rule breaking and intimidation.

I have not visited a masque for three years because of the thuggery inside masques.

My Hindu friends say the same about Hindu temples and the caste based intimidation even in California.

Btw, if you want to beat up my local district BAL leader - be my guest. Even though he is a second cousin - he is trash and deserves a beating 🤣🤣🤣

I am happy that you are not claiming I am threatening you with the Pabna Hospital.

Read the old posts of @Bilal9 and @black- cats. Both belong to your BAL party. Only now they are trying to change their faces.

No! You tolerate plurality of views.

You deserve democracy.

The likes of @Bilal9 et el do not.

Yep! They are ex BAL and now turned because they are no longer profiting from corruption.

Even though I disagree with you on some issues - I can see the rationale.

We have to be able to tolerate each other’s views - instead of crying to the mod all the time.

And resorting to intimidation when they don’t get their way…

How is that different from BAL and BNP thuggery at election time?

I am very careful not to ever defend BAL or Hasina for the uber corruption.

They will at least have their Bangladesh based wealth confiscated.

BAL will go the same way as Indian congress party 🎉

I won’t get into trouble because I have never harmed anyone or extorted money.
This two things actually unbelievable! If you didn't do it , probably your elders did! Don't take it personally , since you claimed that you have red passport , so IMHO none in BAL regime isn't corrupted!

And I have a red passport 🤣🤣🤣
That's why BAL must step down , because if a child of a diplomate act as a street bully , it's the end of a nation!

Like you see ? Mamataj is an MP?

I saw another female MP ( can't remember the name) who even can't speak in Bangla well ; he accent is like a kajer bua!

Do you not feel that it's a pity for Bangladesh?

At least Hasina should have appointed some educated folks as MP!

How can you have clean politicians when average south Asian is a thug.
I admit I can't do it! I'm just a middle class man from a middle class and honorable ( locally ) family , and my family abhor politics like most of isolated middle class in Bangladesh!

Even when these trash settle in the west they continue with their trashy behaviour of rule breaking and intimidation.
Are you not doing same thing too? You deliberately treat people harshly for their limitations! Do you think that it's a noble behavior?

However since BAL people can't be noble , so I'm not bothered at all!

I have not visited a masque for three years because of the thuggery inside masques.

My Hindu friends say the same about Hindu temples and the caste based intimidation even in California.
Let's not talk about religion here! As I also don't like mullahs! They became rotten and too much materialistic and deceiving people for their own worldly benefits!

In old days moulovis were good and were limited to teach people how to read Qayeda and learning to read Quran!

Also used to teach people miracles of prophets and other awulias ( not like Mazar worshipers )!

Nowadays these people became too much materialistic!

Btw, if you want to beat up my local district BAL leader - be my guest. Even though he is a second cousin - he is trash and deserves a beating 🤣🤣🤣

Even when BAL collapse , I neither want to beat anyone nor want others are beating them/anyone ! I always said that ,I want people to be tolerant and not to beat even any BAL gundas!

I hate mob justice! I wish BAL gundas will be arrested and will be judged by court! But I will never justify mob justice, as they have no authority to take laws in their own hand
!

Last edited:
No! You tolerate plurality of views.

You deserve democracy.

The likes of @Bilal9 et el do not.

Yep! They are ex BAL and now turned because they are no longer profiting from corruption.

Even though I disagree with you on some issues - I can see the rationale.

We have to be able to tolerate each other’s views - instead of crying to the mod all the time.

And resorting to intimidation when they don’t get their way…

How is that different from BAL and BNP thuggery at election time?

I am very careful not to ever defend BAL or Hasina for the uber corruption.

They will at least have their Bangladesh based wealth confiscated.

BAL will go the same way as Indian congress party 🎉
Yes, your right to say that both BAL and BNP are thugs. This is the reason of free democracy where people have choices.

But, the BAL party is always trying to corner others by hooliganism and bullying. Whatever it may be, but the country needs free election.

The issue now is the accountability of those thugs. Without free election people cannot demand accountability.

Yes, your right to say that both BAL and BNP are thugs. This is the reason of free democracy where people have choices.

But, the BAL party is always trying to corner others by hooliganism and bullying. Whatever it may be, but the country needs free election.

The issue now is the accountability of those thugs. Without free election people cannot demand accountability.

Democracy is not the silver bullet you think it is.

Bangladeshi people are not deserving of democracy yet.

People need to clean up their acts first.

In the west, universal franchise was granted gradually…

In South Asia - every Abdul, Rajesh and Bakbinder had it handed to them from day one!!!

How can you vote when you do not understand basic civics and economics.

US still hasn’t accepted equality of votes I.e. President is not directly elected.

The way first generation Bangladeshis behave in the west appals me. They cannot blame BAL/BNP for that!!!!

Last edited:
Democracy is not the silver bullet you think it is.

Bangladeshi people are not deserving of democracy yet.

People need to clean up their acts first.

In the west, universal franchise was granted gradually…

In South Asia - every Abdul, Rajesh and Bakbinder had it handed to them from day one!!!

How can you vote when you do not understand basic civics and economics.

US still hasn’t accepted equality of votes I.e. President is not directly elected.

The way first generation Bangladeshis behave in the west appals me. They cannot blame BAL/BNP for that!!!!
No democracy can only be substituted by military rule. But you support BAL thugs while I support democracy that has the potentiality of changing a bad regime.

But you think the BAL party is the only choice. BNP is also a thief party. But, gradually good parties come to the front when people start discarding the thieves.

BD is going down after President Zia’s killing. But, dynastic politics must be substituted by individual merits that come gradually. It may take another hundred years to put things in their proper perspective.

Anyway, Hasina however she cries or bickers has only one choice, that is to step aside and accept plurality.

Back
Top Bottom